+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby wearers - second hand wraps

Ive been looking at second hand wraps and I'm honestly just stumped at the asking prices.
    Put simply, i don't have a lot of money.
    Im a little overwhelmed by all the brands and styles out there and im still learning my way around but i was hoping to be given suggestions as far as price vs quality/long term use/value.
    Any tips for saving $$$?

I've always seen myself as a baby wearer (grew up around it) and im actually quite upset to see that most prices around for wraps are WELL out of my reach 😢

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You can get hug a bubs pretty well priced? I got a second as a spare for $38 on eBay. I also got an almost brand new ergo for $65 on gumtree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How much are you wanting to spend? A lot of the wraps you see listed on the BSS pages are limited edition/high end wraps and yes the prices can get crazy!
    A good, basic wrap in cotton or cotton/bamboo blend would serve you well as a beginner. You can buy new for as little as $90-150. Try searching some brands like little frog, Lenny lamb or Hoppediz - I don't think those are very expensive at all, I think I saw a little frog listed on gumtree the other day!
    Look at joining your local babywearing group (Facebook), they often have sling libraries where you pay an annual membership fee (I think mine is about $25) then you can loan out wraps until you find something that suits!
    Also you can go along to a meet where you can see what everyone else is using & get some good ideas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    You can get hug a bubs pretty well priced? I got a second as a spare for $38 on eBay. I also got an almost brand new ergo for $65 on gumtree.
    Hug a Bubs are great when Bub us small, but start to sag once they get over 5kg or so, really only useful for the first 3 months or so. A woven wrap can be used from newborn to toddler so if money is tight it's just a one off expense.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (29-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another budget woven wrap brand is Yaro. I have one and a ring sling and I love them! The cotton didn't required much breaking in at all and the cotton/repreve blend (my ring sling) required none, just a wash! Keep us updated with what you buy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think ellevill, daiesu and soul slings are pretty budget friendly too. Are you a member of bwbss on Facebook? There's a budget album (under $100) on there.
    There are also DIY baby wearing groups on Facebook too if you are crafty/can sew and would like to make your own.
    Some of the prices for higher end wraps are crazy, I agree! But there are definitely cheaper options out there too.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby wearers - second hand wraps

I would recommend little frog. I bought a new one for $80 and it was great to practice with and was actually really nice material for beginners. I made a mistake and bought one too short so have just sold it and bought a longer diff brand. The advantage of the wraps being expensive is that you can usually sell them on and not lose much if you don't get on with wrapping.
    The advantage to buying second hand is that the material of some wraps can be hard and using it and washing it a few times softens it and breaks it in hence a reason why second hand seem expensive. If you are interested in new I found a brilliant website recently called chubbabubba which had some wraps reduced massively and the service was great with quick delivery. It doesn't come up with google searching for wraps and I just found it by accident but they have loads of diff brands.
    Last edited by nh2489; 29-06-2016 at 10:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree, little frog are great and affordable the BWBSS page on FB has a budget album for under $100 too.
    Try Pixie Mama, I know she has some affordable options on her site too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all so much!! Ive looked at the brands you've all suggested and i am feeling very relieved! I didn't realise what i was looking at before were fancy pants limited editions, so they were like $600. I thought it just didn't seem right.
    I've seen quite a few beautiful wraps MUCH cheaper now. 😊
    Im thinking of starting with a hug a bub cos they look quite simple and squishy and then trying some of the others suggested.
    Thank you all again so much. I clearly have a lot to learn about it all

Thanks
    Reviews
    If anyone thinks of any other brands etc though, keep em coming 😊