+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Experiences at North West Private Brisbane, also which OB?

Hi

I'm seeking feedback on the North West Private Hospital in Brisbane.

Also, how did you go about your decision for an OB there?
    Did you follow suggestions from others, good reputation, long standing experience or just by the vibe of them?

Thanks kindly,

ChrunchyMumma

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @crunchymumma!

I have had a couple of great experiences at North West, I had a laproscopy done last August and they were amazing, and a miscarriage last November, again amazing! Couldn't fault them. I am currently 5 weeks and have just booked in with Dr Martin D'Arcy-Evans. If you have private health insurance you have no out of pocket expenses for your appointments and management fee. You would only have to pay for the anaesthetist if you need one and any hospital excess. Apparently he was going to retire but decided to give back to the community which I think is great! I believe he is the only one that does it. If you want to use him I would probably ring up and book as soon as you can. You just need a referral. He also consults from North Lakes if that is closer or easier.

Dr Jamie Friebe is also really good there. I had been seeing him for a while but have decided on Dr D-E for the cost! Hope that helps. Are you currently pregnant?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have had 2 births at North West. Both have been really good.

Ob was Dr Sheahan. He is really good - has a midwife and you share appointments between them.

Most of the obs are good. Have a look at the hospital website and there is a link for all the Obs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry for your health issues and miscarriage @belinda780
    Also a huge congratulations

That is a truly amazing offer and service to provide!
    Do you happen to know if with this service he is still able to offer antenatal checks with himself as often as he would if charging above the medicare fee?

We are currently TTC #3
    My DS#1 was quite unwell (not a health issue that would present in another pregnancy) and was intubated immediately and in NICU for quite some time.
    My DD#2 was completely healthy but seemingly my body didn't play nice, a large PPH and myself into theatre and ICU for over 24hrs.

We have waited a few years to get to this point and i'm still a little nervous about it all.
    I'm hoping that frequent appts and getting to know my OB well will help me feel better about it all

North Lakes is a great option for us!

Thanks so much for the advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @twinklify

I have had a look at all their profiles and all do seem amazing which i guess is making the decision more difficult than i had anticipated.

I've had 2 natural deliveries and am really hoping to continue that, i also have some delivery trauma physically and emotionally so am hoping to find someone caring and understanding to those issues.

Both my previous pregnancies were under the Maternal Fetal Medicine Unit at the Mater so no option of private OBs then - this is new to us!

Kind Regards