+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow. It is a scary thing, isn't it?

I didn't have it too badly - diagnosed towards the end, and induced at 39 weeks. I didn't really feel unwell though - which kinda makes it scarier, that I had all these things going on, but didn't feel it myself. I'm being investigated for some potential liver problems atm, and I'm wondering if it might be related to the PE.

I'm worried that if I got pregnant again, I might get PE again too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had PE with my first. As a result my ds was born at 33 weeks by c-section. I didn't feel unwell either. It was picked up at my routine obgyn appointment. I was hospitalised immediately but my son was delivered a few days later as I developed pulmonary odema...very unpleasant.

My son, though premmie, was healthy and came home after some time spent lazing around under the lights at SCU and beefing up a little. He hasn't had any noticeable on-going issues.

I was also worried about developing PE a second time. Luckily though my second pregnancy was straight-forward.

If the biological father/sperm donor is the same as your previous pregnancy you'll be less likely to get PE again than if your are pregnant to a new sperm donor/partner. My Endocrinologist put me on calcium and asprin during my pregnancy as it appears this has some benefit in preventing PE, apparently.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Albert01 For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (29-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much, @Albert01. We are hoping to use the same donor ☺ I will have to ask about calcium and asprin, if and when we get pregnant again.

Glad to hear uour son is doing well, and that you didn't get PE the second time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just popping in to say im almost 36 weeks now and still no signs of Preeclampsia and I'm being monitored very closely so nothing has been missed this time. Im feeling so much healthier this time around. I think it's quite unlikely ill get preeclampsia this pregnancy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 3cats1pug For This Useful Post:

BB77  (01-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 3cats1pug View Post
    Just popping in to say im almost 36 weeks now and still no signs of Preeclampsia and I'm being monitored very closely so nothing has been missed this time. Im feeling so much healthier this time around. I think it's quite unlikely ill get preeclampsia this pregnancy.
    Yay!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pleased to hear it, @3cats1pug! Hope it all goes well! Not long now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome news! When did you get it last time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Reneeharry View Post
    Awesome news! When did you get it last time?
    My bp started creeping up the last couple of weeks. And i had high bp the last week (40-41) and during labour.

The preeclampsia came post birth. Bp ok the first couple of days after birth but swelling was horrible. Readmitted on day 6 with preeclampsia - bp 160/110, intense swelling, abnormal liver enzymes, headaches. Put on meds then. Needed them for 7 months after the birth. Every time i tried to reduce the dose bp would creep up.
    After the 7 months my bp has been excellent. I do have some permanent kidney damage though as a result.

Looking back i feel like the preeclampsia was niggling from the 2nd trimester. I started getting pitting oedema from 22 weeks, dizziness, headaches. I was very swollen all over, and measured full term from 32 weeks. I had polyhydraminos though so it's hard to say what was what.