+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littleriv View Post
    Thanks babybeeno, i didnt appreciate the distinction in definition. Yes i was hoping for cooling and heating. However, cooling is the priority for upstairs. We have a gas point downstairs- i have not used gas heating before, so the gas point sits empty as i huddle around my oil heater. I think i need to explore gas heating for downstairs.

This is a forum you asked a question. If you have gas run with that for the house. If the point is downstairs you most likely only be able to have one of the fake fire place Heaters (my neighbour just installed was $4400). Or a wall furnace which I had a quote for in a seperate part of my house and the quote was $3000 just for that so we skipped on that and are after an extra duct run downstairs from the new system that was installed in the roof last month. I've found living in houses with only electric for heating was a lot more $$ then gas

Advice is get 3 quotes. Some companies don't even come out to do the quoting anymore they want you to send floor plans of your house so they don't have to bother with the effort. We went with climat in SA they are also in VIC so if your there give them an email.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (28-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    Was this for refrigerated as the price sounds way to high for reverse cycle
    Reverse cycle. Big house (5 bed, 3 living, study, etc). I was probably ripped off 😂😂

Thanks
    Reviews

Default cost of ducted reverse cycle air con

We bought our place with ducted reverse cycle already there so can't help in price. However I will say whilst the cooling aspect is great - the heating is awful. It is dry air, it gets stuffy and the second you turn it off the place is cold again - because there is no radiant heat like you get from a wood fire.

It is also expensive. So if gas is an option for heating I would go with that and just get cooling ducted.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (28-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Reverse cycle. Big house (5 bed, 3 living, study, etc). I was probably ripped off 😂😂
    That is the same price we were told when building our house of similar size.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (28-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our reverse cycle cost 12k to install when the house was built. Shouldn't make too much difference though as it was one of the very last things they do (house was practically finished when it got installed). 4 bed, 2 living areas.
    Best money I ever spent. We use the heating for about an hour in the evenings then turn it off, I find our house holds the heat really well. We run the cooling at about 20% in summer, it's very efficient.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (28-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you live in an area where Evap is possible I would get Evap and gas reverse cycle. Was cheap for us $1300 installed xdh did it lmao! Just bought the parts lol. That's for 6 vents we also have a wall air con though that was here originally before. I prefer the Evap though I get too cold with the normal air cons

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Reverse cycle. Big house (5 bed, 3 living, study, etc). I was probably ripped off
    Your place is same size as mine. They always try and sometimes rip women off. When I'm doing stuff for house I always use my dads email then a few days later or so I send one from mine to get a price comparison. My dad was a builder so is my DH so I play hard ball

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are looking at building and for a 4 bed house we were quoted $10k to add ducted rc air con.