Closed Thread
Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in Greece #4

Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    I know about using supercare to help facilitate early release of super for ivf but anyone ever heard of it being approved for o'seas donor ivf? Just looking at my options in case i need to do more than 1 cycle. I'll give supercare a call but was just wondering if anyone on here has actually tried to do it. Thanks ladies :-)
    I enquired about this with Supercare and they said no / this was their exact email reply:

"I have consulted with my team and unfortunately we strongly believe the DHS will decline an overseas quotation, only because the service is readily available in Australia.
    I completely understand your circumstance with "Donor egg" and respect that going overseas is the better option.
    Supercare would be more than happy to assist with your application should you decide to go with an Australian Clinic."

I had some very nasty calls with them after this email as I was quite offended about the comment that the 'service was readily available in Australia'. If donor eggs were so accessible here why would I be considering going overseas!!!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kuwtk For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (09-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky8 View Post
    @ lissimmo , unless the meds control it - eg enough progesterone & enough oestrogen at the time of ed transfer ?
    hope so

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @kuwtk thanks for replying to my question. I kinda figured they would say something like that. Bummer. Now i just need to figure out another way to get 10k. Might start buying a scratchie every week. Sigh... I hope things are going well for you on your journey xox

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Finally in Athens

Hey ladies hope you are all well. I've been stalking the board but haven't been posting. Congrats on your BFP's and my heart goes out to all those with BFN's . We arrived in Athens yesterday and were picked up by Kostas, what a beautiful man, so thank you girls for the suggestion. Met with Dr Nikos and I'm beyond happy with the care so far. Husband had to have a quick blood test for cystic fibrosis seeing as I was the only one that was screened in Australia. My lining scan on CD 13 was 6.8mn, not the thickest but Dr Nikos was happy enough, I have chronically thin lining. We are looking at a transfer in 7 days if the donor is ready. It's all a bit surreal, so thankful for this opportunity.

On a sidenote are any of you ladies doing PGS testing? I know it's not necessary with DE's but we are doing it regardless, want to avoid/better our chances of a THB.

Also, have any of your partners had a "normal" SA and low levels of DNA frag of sperm but have high levels of sperm aneupolidy? I'm 33 and just a bit stumped as to why most of our embryos end up being chromosomally abnormal.

Good luck to all of you who have recently been in Athens and all of you arriving shortly.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AussieAmerican For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (09-07-2016),Juventina  (10-07-2016),kategc  (11-07-2016),Lucky8  (09-07-2016),Rhino  (12-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge , I gave up with the super thing ! It was giving me a headache so ramped up my hours to save more to cover it lol

Update : 11 eggs collected , 9 viable for Icsi etc , 5 hanging in there so far .. 2.5 days to go to reach 5 days blasts

The suspense is killing me now !!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (11-07-2016),AnnaMM  (11-07-2016),kategc  (11-07-2016),Rhino  (12-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AussieAmerican

isn't Kostas a treasure ,Nice to be welcomed to Athens by him , a great ambassador ! Enjoy your stay , we're loving it here . I'm with Iakentro/Genesis , transfer Wednesday . Time flies ..

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

AussieAmerican  (11-07-2016),kategc  (11-07-2016),lissimmo  (12-07-2016),Rhino  (12-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone looks like we are heading over to Athens in October for a transfer. I'm kind of freaking out about all the logistics. Has anyone done it with a pre-school age child in tow? What sort of things are there nearby to keep them interested? We need to stay local in Athens for 10 days apparently. During that time has anyone managed to go on day trips and see stuff and if so where? Also is it best to stay in accommodation near the clinic or somewhere else that's more central?

Also has everyone taken meds to synch cycles? We were told last night that if my cycles are pretty regular there's no need and we just need to take meds to thicken up lining but I'm a bit confused on how timing works if your not synced with meds. Has anyone been through this?

Sorry about the million and a half questions but I literally feel like my heads going to explode with all the logistics LOL

I'm going to read through this thread over the next few days so sorry in advance if these questions are answered. Hope to get a bit more of an understanding of how things work over there soon!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to me+he&she=three For This Useful Post:

lissimmo  (12-07-2016),Rhino  (12-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @me+he&she=three

We've been between Athens /islands for 12 days now . We are in an island called hydra at present & we noted that there are heaps of young families here , a few Aussie's to . Might be an option to dissapear from Athens & enjoy the fresh air . It's a 1.5 hour ferry ride away & just gorgeous . No cars on this island . The beaches are pebbles /rocks though but plenty of kids playing at the Castello beach here . Get to beach early to secure a recliner though (10am ish) Kids here are enjoying donkey rides to & yummy icecream bar at the marina . If I had children -which is the plan -my husband & I said we would come back here for a holiday !! Much easier than the commercial islands as not toooo many steps eg Santorini .

In terms of location in Athens we chose Plaka as its central , clean safe area - recommendation from a friend who'd been here recently . Love the location , so easy .

There's a cute little train in Athens , that's like a hop on hop off bus that I would like to try that goes to the main highlights . It travels through the streets on wheels . Saves walking which might suit your situation . If I'm allowed will do this after my transfer , when back in Athens .

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

lissimmo  (12-07-2016),me+he&she=three  (12-07-2016),Rhino  (12-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @me+he&she i also have regular cycles so i am also doing the same as you, no drugs except the progynova to help with lining. I think this is because the donor will sync with were you are at (not the other way round). I was worried too being used to taking all sorts of stuff with own egg ivf. I dont have time to chat atm but welcome and good luck. I'll be in athens late sept - early october too

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

me+he&she=three  (12-07-2016),Rhino  (12-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sad News

Hi Everyone

I am sorry that I have not checked in but we found out that the twins had died. We lost one at 6.5 weeks and one at 8.5 weeks.

They were fine at the 6 week scan, growing strong, my HCG levels were great and they both had strong heart beats.

I had no signs such as cramping, spotting or bleeding....just a niggling feeling a couple of weeks later, so I asked my GP for a follow up scan and at 9 weeks and 3 days we saw them on the scan but were told that neither baby had a heartbeat anymore.

We are shocked and grieving.

Love and best wishes to everyone.

x
    Last edited by ChinaDoll4; 11-07-2016 at 20:52.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ChinaDoll4 For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (12-07-2016)