Closed Thread
Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Oldladywantsababy I definitely agree with you regarding donors and their egg quality, we just have to remember that they are exactly like us except a younger version so the same rule that applied to us is the same for them, up until the age of 30 you can realistically expect 60% of eggs to have issues by the time its 35 it's 70% and 40 it's a whopping 95% have chromesomal issues, so if you can, the younger the donor the better @gorgeousgeorge the Bahceci clinic might be worth looking at for you as they're not too expensive and have a 3 cycle guarantee as well I can give you the coordinators direct email if your interested
    Last edited by stacey10; 11-10-2016 at 16:32.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (11-10-2016),Oldladywantsababy  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, we went and saw Lynn Burmeister our FS, today and she has recommended that we try Cape Town Fertility or a clinic in Greece. She didn't actually name the clinic, but gave us a name and email address. I've sent off an email, but am trying to find the clinic where the doctor is.
    Does anyone know of Dr. Steve Sircos? The email she gave us was drstefanos@hotmail.com I'd really appreciate any insight into this! Thanks so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @siansmum if the clinic is "embio" ive read only bad things about it on this thread. Have you read through all of this thread? I cant remember who posted or when but its worth reading the whole thing. Also ask on the over 40's thread because they might know too. Ive heard interesting things about LB too so make sure she's not recommending clinics because she gets a kick back and id check out all the clinics in both places and read all the threads you can :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge it's me that doesn't have one good thing to say about embio, plus another lady popped on to recount her horrid experience as well and I've just spoken to another lady on another forum who has just had the "embio" experience as I have unfortunately called it anyway that dr isn't from Embio so that's good !!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=siansmum;8584691]Hi ladies, we went and saw Lynn Burmeister our FS, today and she has recommended that we try Cape Town Fertility or a clinic in Greece. She didn't actually name the clinic, but gave us a name and email address. I've sent off an email, but am trying to find the clinic where the doctor is.
    Does anyone know of Dr. Steve Sircos? The email she gave us was drstefanos@hotmail.com I'd really appreciate any insight into this! Thanks so much

Hi @siansmum ,

i went with dr Stefanos Syrkos in July . I have to warn you that communication via email can be quite frustrating ! However he is a reputable surgeon from Australia -but as he deals with your case directly the Comms can be quite challenging from overseas .
    He travels a lot as well so keep this in mind , Although the team he works with help each other out so you always have back up clinicians should he be unavailable . He works at Genesis , but also liases with iakentro for certain patients like myself .

Dr Syrkos is a straight shooter so won't necessarily do the pr thing , so be aware of this as well If that may concern you .

in terms of kickbacks LB gets , I don't believe that's the case . She gave us many options and was in no way forceful with any recommendations .
    Her connection with dr Syrkos is they had worked together . He still has a connection Melb uni .

Out of curiousoty Did LB suggest South Africa over Greece ?

Good luck in your decision making .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lucky8 thanks for clearing that up, i just vaguely remember someone mentioning an aus fs who recommended based on a commission :-) How are you doing @Lucky8? xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @Lucky8 thanks for clearing that up, i just vaguely remember someone mentioning an aus fs who recommended based on a commission :-) How are you doing @Lucky8? xox
    Hello @gorgeousgeorge ,

im stuck at a work conference / training session this week ! I'm in the dandenongs so at least it's picturesque we are given an assignment at 7pm & our group just finished at 10 pm - we finished earlier than other teams .

i think there are rumours that another FS in Mel has some association through a cousin in Greece .

Welcome back home . How are you feeling xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lucky8 that sounds intense mate, i hope you're getting paid overtime. Do you get some special prize for finishing first? It sounds like a horrible school camp after dinner activity lol ;-) Yeah, im good, just organising to go over again and praying praying praying that it works this time or we get frosties to save $ on repeated transfers if needed :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @Lucky8 that sounds intense mate, i hope you're getting paid overtime. Do you get some special prize for finishing first? It sounds like a horrible school camp after dinner activity lol ;-) Yeah, im good, just organising to go over again and praying praying praying that it works this time or we get frosties to save $ on repeated transfers if needed :-)
    @gorgeousgeorge

overtime che ???? I'm a Salaried employee so no overtime darn it .
    ok so I must have missed the memo , are you planning to go back very very soon?

you are young it will work , I have faith that you will succeed .
    You've got time on your side , that is a BIG advantage .

Xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lucky8 yeah, im salary too- its like bloody charity work sometimes (lots of the time!) Im waiting for official bfn on friday and coping by preparing for my next plan :-)