Closed Thread
Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Yasna lol, i saw a photo of your baby boy at dr n's office and said hi to kostas for you :-) @Rhino thanks for your well wishes and hope you have an uneventful flight home.
    Afm... epu is tomorrow (wednesday ), my lining scan was all good yesterday so everything is on track so far :-)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (27-09-2016),Rhino  (29-09-2016),SharonG  (28-09-2016),Yasna  (28-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, just a quick check-in to see how everyone is going ... @Natalie73 and @gorgeousgeorge hope everything is going smoothly while you're in Athens, and @Rhino glad to see you're pupo, relaxing and ready to head home xxx
    As for me ... 12 weeks today!!!!!
    Got a little secret that I've been keeping from you all though. Turns out that we scored big time - both of our embryos took, as hinted at by my huge HCG at 5 weeks, but a big surprise at the 7 week scan was that one of the embryos had split into two, so yes, I'm currently carrying triplets!!! All are looking good, and we couldn't be happier . It does mean that this is a higher risk pregnancy, and will require some extra scanning and trips to Townsville for monitoring and the birth, such is life .
    Dr Nikos was very surprised and happy to hear our news, and did say it only happens about once a year!
    I've been extremely lucky on the morning sickness side of things, just some vague nausea and a greater than normal aversion to cooking , my only real symptoms have been tiredness, so bring on the second trimester!
    Sending baby dust to you all from me and the minions xoxoxo

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AngelD For This Useful Post:

1MoreTry  (10-10-2016),AnnaMM  (28-09-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (28-09-2016),kcraig  (29-09-2016),Rhino  (29-09-2016),stacey10  (29-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Angelid omg!!! Congratulations!' That's incredible news! Im so happy for you!! Triplets!
    @Rhino my thoughts are with you - you're half way true the TWW
    @gorgeousgeorge sending you the bestest vibes! :smiles:

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (29-09-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (28-09-2016),Rhino  (29-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wohooooooooooooooooooo @AngelD

Great news!!!!! I'd be freaking out, but extremely excited !! It's a beautiful thing ! I hope they are strong healthy babies and keep yourself well rested. Keep us updated!

@gorgeousgeorge its nice to know Dr Nikos is proud of his achievements, without him I wouldn't have a son to photograph. I have a photo of Dr Kanakas and me in front of his wall of success. I had to get a picture with my Dr.

I hope Kostas was the gentleman that I remember. I wouldn't hesitate using him again for my future stay in Athens, since It's like having a private chauffeur. Plus he's a really good driver and knows where to get the good food, not the tourist crap.

I can't believe how many women are getting multiples lately !! How wonderful !! Instant family !!!! I'm really happy for everyone. I have two friends going over to Greece in the next month, I really pray for them.

Keep me updated everyone. Love hearing your success stories. xx

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (29-09-2016),Rhino  (29-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelD View Post
    Hi all, just a quick check-in to see how everyone is going ... @Natalie73 and @gorgeousgeorge hope everything is going smoothly while you're in Athens, and @Rhino glad to see you're pupo, relaxing and ready to head home xxx
    As for me ... 12 weeks today!!!!!
    Got a little secret that I've been keeping from you all though. Turns out that we scored big time - both of our embryos took, as hinted at by my huge HCG at 5 weeks, but a big surprise at the 7 week scan was that one of the embryos had split into two, so yes, I'm currently carrying triplets!!! All are looking good, and we couldn't be happier . It does mean that this is a higher risk pregnancy, and will require some extra scanning and trips to Townsville for monitoring and the birth, such is life .
    Dr Nikos was very surprised and happy to hear our news, and did say it only happens about once a year!
    I've been extremely lucky on the morning sickness side of things, just some vague nausea and a greater than normal aversion to cooking , my only real symptoms have been tiredness, so bring on the second trimester!
    Sending baby dust to you all from me and the minions xoxoxo
    @AngelD wow!!! Triple congratulations! (3 babies for the price of one- bargain!) If you rang dr.n earlier today, i was in the office with him when you tried to call, i think. He didn't mention any personal info, just that a lady from australia was calling to "share her joy". I just showed your post to dh- he went white... then said, "ok so once a year so we're right then". Now he is just sitting next to me and occasionally exclaiming stuff like, 'holy crap' , 'thats crazy' etc...etc.. etc... It never rains, it pours hey :-) But seriously i wish you and your instant family all the best xox I bet dr.n tells me about the 'australian lady with triplets' at our next appointment. I'll be all like 'i know'. :-) :-) :-)

Afm...epu was today. Dr n said more than 10 eggs were collected and dh's sample was excellent, so i feel blessed that everything is as good as it can be at this stage. I didnt ask him how many eggs. Its weird but in a goid way, ive gone all zen and am not worrying about a thing. Im sick of worrying about ivf. I feel like ive chosen the best most sensible option so there's nothing else I could have done. Im just totally relaxed. Its so lovely.

There was a single lady in the clinic today when we went for our appointment. I said to dh, "see that lady over there?" He looked and said, "hey, she looks like you". I nodded and waited for the penny to drop with him but it didnt. Then dr.n came out, said hello n said he was busy doing epu's and he would be with us shortly. Then the lady went with him. I honestly think she was our donor. Im gonna believe it anyway coz she looked like a nice lady, and seriously so much like me in the face and body type. :-)

Oh and im taking utrogesten (?), i forgot to ask dr.n but its supposed to go in my v-jayjay, yeah? And sorry if tmi, but can it give you the runs? I dont feel as though ive got a stomach bug and as soon as i inserted it, i had to 'go' iykwim?

Anyway, its lovely to see everyone thinking of me and it warms my heart to know you are all wishing good things for me, as i am for you xox

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (29-09-2016),Juventina  (29-09-2016),Rhino  (29-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in Greece #4

AngelD. Unbelievable!!! I am so happy for you and can only imagine Dr Nikos in his exuberant ways being so thrilled!!!!!

Gorgeousgeorge: Fingers crossed lovely. But so freaky re the lady. I think you're spot on as it's happened here previously.
    Last edited by Juventina; 29-09-2016 at 14:31.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Juventina For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (29-09-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (29-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AngelD massive congratulations on the triplets, I hope you have as uneventful pregnancy as you can have with triplets, I'm surprised you have to go to Townsville, I thought cairns base would have been able to cope! Make sure you look after yourself, plenty of rest and lots of protein so those babies can get nice and big, when is your estimated due date now? @georgeousegorge ya up the hoo hah as close to the cervix as you can, and if you can, just lie down or rest for 20 min after doing them so they can have time to absorb

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (29-09-2016),Rhino  (29-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone - we were really hoping and prepared (as much as you can be ) for twins, so an extra one just hasn't fazed us ... yet. As I said, I've had a super cruisy first trimester, so here's hoping that trimester 2 is just as good! @gorgeousgeorge your dh is so cute ... tell him that I'm happy to have taken one for the team I know you were struggling with the dilemma of whether to transfer 1 or 2 embies - do what sits right in your heart xo. When is your transfer day? I'm thinking it'll be Monday? Keep yourself busy - we did the vast majority of our touristy stuff around Athens while waiting for transfer - it makes the wait so much more bearable. @stacey10 Cairns hospital isn't a tertiary level unit, and my OB had checked with them and Townsville before I even had my first appointment! I know the last set of Cairns triplets went down there too - I've had my last scan here at home and now get handed over to the experts in Townsville for monthly scans, so I get to see my minions lots . They haven't adjusted my due date, just set a goal of 34 weeks, which is late Feb / early March.
    Will keep you all posted on progress, hopefully we get the NT results today xoxoxo

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AngelD For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (29-09-2016),stacey10  (29-09-2016),Yasna  (29-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AngelD will look forward to hearing how your going, I loved all the extra scan I got with the twins I must admit going back to a single pregnancy and just the basic care after having a twin pregnancy is abit of a let down in that regard let's hope you get to 34 wks you lucky thing !!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (29-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AngelD , that is incredible ! Well done on the trifecta

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (29-09-2016)