Closed Thread
Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Phia thanks!! Yes you can view the transfer on a screen while he’s doing it – not that clear though... We didn’t pgd the embies, we did fresh egg transfer. How great that your parents live here – somewhere to stay when you do come over?! I do feel for you having to access Super! One thing that some people over here don’t realise is we use all our funds for this and can’t just go out and eat at nice restaurants and buy lots of things and pay for heaps of taxi’s etc... I think our driver thinks that way!

Dr N did say he thought best when ever possible for people to have frozen embie transfers (so wants us to leave another sperm sample that he can use to create embies then when I’m ready I can just fly over and have transfer. Apparently he feels that’s best for those living overseas as he can ensure embies are high quality and ready to go before you even arrive. So anyone getting DE DS would definitely benefit from this! Also to cut down on two travelling to Greece – but I couldn’t travel without DH – I’d stress even more!

I'm feeling a lot calmer today and we are enjoying the idea of being pregnant! We're now looking forward to our Island holiday which will start on Sat - after the ferry strike is over!

Good luck everyone

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (21-09-2016),Lucky8  (22-09-2016),Phia  (21-09-2016),Yasna  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    @Phia thanks!! Yes you can view the transfer on a screen while he’s doing it – not that clear though... We didn’t pgd the embies, we did fresh egg transfer. How great that your parents live here – somewhere to stay when you do come over?! I do feel for you having to access Super! One thing that some people over here don’t realise is we use all our funds for this and can’t just go out and eat at nice restaurants and buy lots of things and pay for heaps of taxi’s etc... I think our driver thinks that way!

Dr N did say he thought best when ever possible for people to have frozen embie transfers (so wants us to leave another sperm sample that he can use to create embies then when I’m ready I can just fly over and have transfer. Apparently he feels that’s best for those living overseas as he can ensure embies are high quality and ready to go before you even arrive. So anyone getting DE DS would definitely benefit from this! Also to cut down on two travelling to Greece – but I couldn’t travel without DH – I’d stress even more!

I'm feeling a lot calmer today and we are enjoying the idea of being pregnant! We're now looking forward to our Island holiday which will start on Sat - after the ferry strike is over!

Good luck everyone
    @Rhino , enjoy your well deserved holiday !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (23-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Positano1 you could try posting on the ivf over 40's thread to ask about someone who used a local donor, lots of ladies on that thread :-)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Positano1  (25-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rhino

So glad everything went well with the transfer, we stayed at Chris apartment and couldn't agree more, that he was totally unreliable as a driver, he did the same to us when we had an appointment with Dr Nikos, he was late picking us up and it's the last thing you need is the stress of him. He was supposed to take us to the fairy in the morning and pick us up at 5.30am we waited and my husband called him and he was still in bed. We were so angry we just caught a cab to the warf. Would not recommend him at all, he just doesn't get it.

Anyway on a brighter note your PUPO enjoy xxxx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SharonG For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SharonG wow good to know! We luckily didn't ask him to take us to the ferry - we've called Kosta (@yasna's recommendation). He got back to us right away and said he would pick us up Sat morning. That's our only stress - making it to port on time! Chris was pushing for info on how we'd get to the port and we just said we bought a package through the travel agents which included that and trip to airport when we got back!

The apartment is well priced but using Chris other than the first day is not We were in Dr N office on Tue when another US couple were asking for help in finding a place to stay - they booked them in at the President's Hotel for $45euro and no hassel as across the road so they were happy with that...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

Yasna  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    @SharonG wow good to know! We luckily didn't ask him to take us to the ferry - we've called Kosta (@yasna's recommendation). He got back to us right away and said he would pick us up Sat morning. That's our only stress - making it to port on time! Chris was pushing for info on how we'd get to the port and we just said we bought a package through the travel agents which included that and trip to airport when we got back!

The apartment is well priced but using Chris other than the first day is not We were in Dr N office on Tue when another US couple were asking for help in finding a place to stay - they booked them in at the President's Hotel for $45euro and no hassel as across the road so they were happy with that...
    High guys I stayed at the president too and booked my whole time and left my bags there for our short trip to london and santorini in our room. That way we only needed carryon flights which were very cheap. Use the cabs outside there they were really good. Also had no probs on metro which is a five minute walk back up the hill. Plus food around there is awesome. Sat there is markets behind embryoland with fantastic fruit and veg which you wont believe.
    Wishing you all the best.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kcraig For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (24-09-2016),Rhino  (24-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @lissimmo if you could put me in touch with someone who has a baby from a local donor that would be fantastic, you can send me a private message on here and I can give you my email.

i watched Di on 60minutes and was thrilled for her. Her and her husband seem lovely and are obviously smitten with their baby. I cannot imagine dealing with cancer while trying desperately to also have a baby.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

Phia  (25-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Positano1 View Post
    Hi @lissimmo if you could put me in touch with someone who has a baby from a local donor that would be fantastic, you can send me a private message on here and I can give you my email.

i watched Di on 60minutes and was thrilled for her. Her and her husband seem lovely and are obviously smitten with their baby. I cannot imagine dealing with cancer while trying desperately to also have a baby.
    They are both lovely and going back to SA later in the year.
    Whats the mag the story will be in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    So @Rhino did you get to the ferry on time !! How's everything going ??

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Yasna yup - made the ferry - Kosata was fantastic! Picked us up on time!! We're on the ferry back to Athens right now - giving me a bit of time to catch up with emails and bubhub! We're straight back to Perth from here - hours of sitting YUK!

Naxos was great to keep my mind off of TWW! I am sooooo praying all is going well inside and that little embies are growing fast! I will POAS when I get home early but ...
    @gorgeousgeorge - have a brilliant time in Greece (as if that was not going to happen) and good luck on Wed!!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (27-09-2016),SharonG  (28-09-2016),Yasna  (28-09-2016)