Closed Thread
Page 56 of 68 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rhino thinking of you today. I have everything crossed for you

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AngelD For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (21-09-2016),Rhino  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Positano1, I am involved with both the groups we meet up regularly. I know Di personally and she is a lovely woman who has been through hell.
    The woman on the EDA forum (donors) do not like woman going oversea's for embryo donation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Rhino im thinking of you and wishing you all the best for transfer today xox

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rhino best of luck for today!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Monty73 For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @LISSImo,

as as I said I regret making any comment. I was wrong and had nothing to base it on. I just didn't understand why Di had to go overseas. But I'm thrilled she has finally achieved her dream.

I was was a member of both groups for some time and met senior people from EDA. The donors were very critical of women going overseas and it wasn't until I saw an IVF counsellor that I realised I wasn't going to do my child major damage by choosing an anonymous donor.

Perhaps you you could help me. I'm rewriting my original article on egg donation and am desperately trying to interview a woman who has a child from a local donor. I just want to be able to inform women of all the options available in the hope of making their journey an easier one.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (20-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    no worries, she had to go oversea's as she had tried many times here 9 failed attempts and then was doing a cycle and got breast cancer.
    I could probably put you on to someone that has had donor children in oz if you like?

I was was a member of both groups for some time and met senior people from EDA. The donors were very critical of women going overseas and it wasn't until I saw an IVF counsellor that I realised I wasn't going to do my child major damage by choosing an anonymous donor.

Perhaps you you could help me. I'm rewriting my original article on egg donation and am desperately trying to interview a woman who has a child from a local donor. I just want to be able to inform women of all the options available in the hope of making their journey an easier one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @Positano1 im glad i watched it. All it did was make me feel better about skipping the torturous local donor process and going oseas :-)
    Ditto !

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (20-09-2016),lissimmo  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone - thanks for all your thoughts today!!
    @Natalie73 – Friday! Not long now . I wish you the best of luck!!! And @gorgeousgeorge Sunday woohoo
    @gorgeousgeorge thanks yeah we did decide to do the islands...and we ended up booking online. Our only concern now is getting to the port in time and picking up the tickets before 725am. We’ve decided to not use our ‘driver’ Chris (who Dr N had set us up with and is the owner of the apartament we are staying in) as he’s totally unreliable! So now we’re trying to figure out other ways to get there as we’ve not used the taxis or other transport so far... We’ve booked ferry to come back at 3pm and will go straight to the airport (that should give us heaps of time if transport slow/late etc)...
    @KikiB – I did as @gorgeousgeorge did – we ordered $4000.00 euro via Australia post then we picked an amount we thought we’d need and put that on our Qantas Cash card – that has been fantastic for paying the chemist, purchasing food at the supermarket and paying for our outings like entrance to museums etc. And it only takes a day or two max to transfer money onto the Qantas card at any time. I did that over a few days before we left as we have a $1000/day transfer amount on our bank per day. @Yasna – sounds great going to Italy next time ! I had wanted to go to Jeruselam at first but with all the safetly concerns we decided with my stressful personality post transfer would not be the best time to go there

AFM – Big Day! We asked Chris to pick us up at 11am so I could get to the clinic ‘on time’ – but he called us after 11am and said he’d spoken to Dr N and I didn’t have to be there until 12-1pm so he wouldn’t pick us up until later (like it's up to either of them when I book a ride!) ... well he arrived at 1240! I was livid and stressed -
    NOT HAPPY. I just wanted to get there early and relax before this huge day for me... Anyway we got there and were there 3 hours (lots of people arrived after us an a couple before us).

We only had 2 embies to be transferred – Dr N said others were not viable so nothing to freeze. It was actually a very difficult transfer – won’t go into details but I wasn’t expecting the pain I was in.... plus an incredibly full bladder (they ask you to drink before you go – but then huge delay and I was in so much pain just from that!)... Personally I wouldn't drink until I arrived at the clinic - or even until moved to the back room to wait if I do this again!

So very emotional day for me – but very happy we had two embies to transfer!

They wanted us to fill and forms saying we’d freeze more sperm before we go so they could create an embie before I fly over again in the future but I said no – we wanted to discuss alone first – we had already decided this was our last go and I was in no state to be pushed into anything else today...

Once home... I did feel a lot better- relaxing with DH and praying we’d be seeing a BFP within 2 weeks!

Sorry for long post... needed to get some of that out!

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (21-09-2016),AnnaMM  (22-09-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (21-09-2016),Juventina  (21-09-2016),Lucky8  (21-09-2016),Monty73  (21-09-2016),Natalie73  (22-09-2016),Yasna  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rhino what a huge day! Good to hear that you've got your two embies!
    Fingers and toes crossed. 🙏😀
    The waiting sounds like Greek time - how annoying! Somehow that country ticks over with all of that slackness/chaos. (My parents moved there 8 years ago, so I hear about it everyday, but my parents are really happy with the medical attention they receive. Apparently Dentistry amazing and super affordable compared to here... oops I digress...) Can you imagine that here? Not like Oz where we are pretty clockwork. We'd all be super strung out if everyone was on Greek time....

Waiting all that time with a full bladder - ouch! Was it similar to oz in that you could view the transfer on a screen while he was doing it? Was it nice and clear on screen?
    Do you mind if I ask whether you pgd the embies?

Or was is a FET?

It's amazing what we go through. I'm sending you the bestest vibes - may those embies thrive! Also good to hear that you visited an island 🌴 something different to Athens. Now for the TWW!

I spoke to super care about accessing super to do the next full stim as I will need the cash we have left for a Greece trip. Makes me sad to think I have to do that cuz I know I will feel it on the other side when I hit 65....

I did watch the 60minutes segment - I was happy she got to give her daughter a sibling - I know that feeling!!!! I read the posts about the donors too. I agree with whoever talked about catty women - there are some very highly strung people out there who don't know how to be happy for other women. Like others happiness somehow takes away from their own. Madness and quite frankly there's enough for everyone so celebrate 🎉 the highs! Be there for each other for the lows 😄

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (21-09-2016),lissimmo  (21-09-2016),Lucky8  (21-09-2016),Rhino  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did watch the 60minutes segment - I was happy she got to give her daughter a sibling - I know that feeling!!!! I read the posts about the donors too. I agree with whoever talked about catty women - there are some very highly strung people out there who don't know how to be happy for other women. Like others happiness somehow takes away from their own. Madness and quite frankly there's enough for everyone so celebrate ������ the highs! Be there for each other for the lows ������[/QUOTE]

So true about some catty woman out there
    You should see the crap these people are writing on Di's ivf page, aren't we all in this together not against each other������

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lissimmo For This Useful Post:

Lucky8  (21-09-2016),Phia  (21-09-2016),Positano1  (25-09-2016)