Closed Thread
Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky8 View Post
    @Positano1 , I watched her on 60 minutes . What part was strange may I ask ? Was it because she organizes local donors but went overseas ? I don't know much about local donors to be honest , we went straight overseas !
    Did you enjoy it @Lucky8? I haven't watched it.

I shouldn't have said anything as I don't know her or her full story. I was a member of the group she runs and always found it strange that she never had a donor and then yes was very surprised when she went overseas. But I haven't fully followed her story as I said. I did spend quite a bit of time looking into local donors and on the two main donor egg fb groups. Some members of the other group are quite anti women who go overseas. xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (19-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Positano1 im glad i watched it. All it did was make me feel better about skipping the torturous local donor process and going oseas :-)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @Positano1 im glad i watched it. All it did was make me feel better about skipping the torturous local donor process and going oseas :-)
    @gorgeousgeorge I'm glad it helped you feel that way. It was an Ivf counsellor that helped me feel comfortable with going down the overseas route after several local donors had made me feel terrible for considering an anonymous donor.

I am very happy with our decision and it was a huge relief to be freed from the as you say the torturous local option.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (19-09-2016),Rhino  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies, another question for you: where did you get your euros to take to Dr Nikos? I know that there have been some previous posts on this but can't locate them. I'm assuming I can't just withdraw over 3000 euros from an ATM in Athens...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Positano1 View Post
    Did you enjoy it @Lucky8? I haven't watched it.

I shouldn't have said anything as I don't know her or her full story. I was a member of the group she runs and always found it strange that she never had a donor and then yes was very surprised when she went overseas. But I haven't fully followed her story as I said. I did spend quite a bit of time looking into local donors and on the two main donor egg fb groups. Some members of the other group are quite anti women who go overseas. xx
    @Positano1

Fascinatimg ! I don't understand the need for the nastiness - who cares if it's local or overseas , how bizarre .

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (19-09-2016),lissimmo  (20-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KikiB View Post
    Ladies, another question for you: where did you get your euros to take to Dr Nikos? I know that there have been some previous posts on this but can't locate them. I'm assuming I can't just withdraw over 3000 euros from an ATM in Athens...
    @KikiB hi :-) dr nikos told me to bring 3500k in cash, so you can order that online from australia post and pick it up from the post office or you can just go in to the post office and organise it. You can also order euros from a bank. the auspost option had better exchange rates than the banks. The remainder you can eftpos at the clinic, if its a visa/mastercard keycard and you press the credit button on the machine, most banks have no limit on the amount you can withdraw by eftpos that way. Just double check with your bank about the card you plan to use and limits on eftpos each day (and id have a back up credit card just in case.)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

KikiB  (20-09-2016),Rhino  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KikiB i know the posts you mean. Personally, the best overseas card options ive found was with citibank. They have an account where you dont get charged for using an overseas atm, they dont charge a currency conversion fee and their exchange rates are reasonable. So i use my citibank account and keycard when im overseas. If you press the credit button on eftpos (even though its your own funds) then there are no eftpos limits so you can use the card on eftpos as much as you want. Other options are to buy a travel card at the bank or post office and load it with euros before you go, then you just use it like a normal keycard. Im not sure about the fees, charges or exchange rates for travel cards and if you come back with money left on the travel card, then you have to exchange it back to aus dollars when you get home. So, try checking out what works for you but i found the citibank account was the cheapest, best option for overseas travel. Please feel free to ask anything else :-)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

KikiB  (20-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Rhino !! You would have had your transfer by the time you've read this so GOOD luck PUPO

Someone asked about cash...I just got euros here and carried cash. I used a lot of cash. In my secret safe spot. You could walk into the bank and ask for cash withdrawal from your card, most people speak English. I used my credit card to buy my ticket and it gave me free travel insurance.

Why would women be anti-people going overseas? some women are so catty and highly strung. They need to chill and mind their own business and get focussed on themselves and relax, instead of judging and criticizing others.

I still haven't contacted Dr Kanakas about my new 'project sibling' date, I'll email him soon...I'm very excited to try again, this time I will be more relaxed and less emotional. I'm so lucky and proud to have a beautiful happy strong son. I hope that I can have another baby, may the goddesses and gods watch over me. Its out of my hands.......

Good luck to all of you wanting to get pregnant! Everyone deserves to be a mum !!!! Its the best feeling in the world, being loved by and loving your child. I've never felt anything like this. I hope you all experience this beautiful joy and I wish you the very best luck. Sincerely. I know how much you want it.

Oh i missed the 60 min show, positanos magazine article...I wish you people would throw links in here.>>> I'd love to see them.

I'm working out what I'll be doing after transfer, since I think its only a week in Athens and then bye bye Athens. So I will have only about another week before heading home, make a nice holiday out of it, to relax and not worry about transfer and let nature take its course. I did that last time, had my transfer and went Island hopping. This time I'm thinking of Italy, northern Italy, drink Aperol sprtiz with Prosecco. Italy is gorgeous,delicious food, clothes and scenery.

Let me know where you went, I'd like a few options.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yasna For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (19-09-2016),KikiB  (20-09-2016),Rhino  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope so, that would be wonderful! How are you feeling? Did the procedure hurt at all? Did everything look modern and clean? Oh I have so many questions!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks a lot for the support and for the prompt replies 😘
    Last edited by Homy; 20-09-2016 at 03:54.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Homy For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (20-09-2016)