Closed Thread
Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with @Positano1 , can't go wrong with islands she has recommended ! I miss them already we booked everything online . Booking.com accommodation . & the main ferry line was super easy to organize Online to . Although heaps of agencies everywhere if you prefer . Taxi dropped us off at the harbour , too easy . I wish I was there . So beautiful .
    Last edited by Lucky8; 18-09-2016 at 11:21.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (18-09-2016),Positano1  (18-09-2016),Rhino  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We went to Santorini and Mykonos, first time took the ferry, second time took flights, super cheap some were only $30 one way but we did book in advance for those, still might be worth looking as they do have fire sales to get rid of any seats

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (18-09-2016),Rhino  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alicat77, I'm so sorry it doesn't look like your trip was successful. Thank you for being so kind and supportive of others whilst you're going through this sad time. xxx

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Natalie73 For This Useful Post:

Alicat77  (18-09-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (18-09-2016),Rhino  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just saw 60 minutes doing story on egg donation tonight. Diane Johnston is featured on it. I always found her story a little strange.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

Alicat77  (18-09-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (18-09-2016),Monty73  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rhino glad everything is going to plan! Best of luck for your transfer on Tuesday

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Monty73 For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Homy welcome to the thread December will come around very quickly! @Juventina and @Bradders and everyone else thanks for your well wishes! @AngelD thanks for that info – we were wondering if/when we’d get info on the quality of blastocysts and freezing etc... so overwhelming we simply don’t think of things when in the clinic @infinity888 we had 9 eggs collected from our donor then 6 fertilised(Dr N said before that he'd be happy with 8)
    While in the clinic we’ve seen a lady with her maybe 1 ½ or 2 yo who Dr N spoke of as one of his... she’s very blonde and blue eyed – very cute!
    Thanks @gorgeousgeorge – great idea – we looked online and found a travel agent. He called us back and we told him what we wanted. He just called back again and we found out that the ferries to the islands are on strike for 48 hrs on the day we had hoped to go – so our island trip just got shorter .... hrumf. We leave on Tue 27th and our transfer date is likely to be Tue 20th . We were planning on one day for me to relax (Wed 21st) then head out Thurs 22nd (but now have to wait until Sat 24th. But to be honest I'd have preferred to head home - we just booked the dates Dr N had suggested for us. Guess all was so well coordinated....oh well. I don't know if flights can be changed - we haven't looked into that. @Positano1 – that sounds so wonderful.... ‘i’m 30 weeks now’ can’t wait to say that!!
    Thanks everyone!! We are getting very excited now – can’t wait until Tue!!!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (19-09-2016),Homy  (20-09-2016),Monty73  (18-09-2016),Natalie73  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rhino hi again, it will be worth going to the islands even for 3 days. You will love it. It would be a shame to go all the way to greece without an island visit. I promise its worth it :-) (you can ring your airline and ask about change flights but there usually a $100+ fee per ticket depending on the type of tickets you have and you have to pay the difference between what the new flights cost would be, if any. I.e. if the new flights are $200 more in price, then you would have to pay that in addition to the change flight fee. So my advice is, save the money on fees and changing flights and visit an island or two. Waters like 22 degrees and aquamarine blue in the Aegean. Sooo lovely xox

14. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelD View Post
    @Natalie73 the $10k will be in Aussie - cost in Euro is €6,500 for the donor, transfer costs, then there could be a further €500 for embryo freezing if you have some spare - we hadn't budgeted for the extra, but Dr N let us fix that up once we got home (thank goodness). Good luck with your trip. - would head back to Athens in a heartbeat!!!!
    We're now 10w3d and starting to breathe a bit easier - further along than we've ever been and all looking good so far @Rhino hope your numbers stay good, fingers crossed for transfer - do you know what day? @gorgeousgeorge when do you head off?
    Babydust to everyone heading over soon xxx
    AngieID, thank you for responding. I know we can't put a price on the possibility of having a bubba but $10 000 Australian is way more affordable than in Euro! Congratulations to you!!! So very exciting and heart warming to hear how far along you are... I bet your heart is full of joy and you're smiling from ear to ear. I'm getting so excited now, we are off this Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Natalie73 For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (19-09-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (19-09-2016),Rhino  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Positano1 , I watched her on 60 minutes . What part was strange may I ask ? Was it because she organizes local donors but went overseas ? I don't know much about local donors to be honest , we went straight overseas !

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

lissimmo  (20-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalie73 View Post
    AngieID, thank you for responding. I know we can't put a price on the possibility of having a bubba but $10 000 Australian is way more affordable than in Euro! Congratulations to you!!! So very exciting and heart warming to hear how far along you are... I bet your heart is full of joy and you're smiling from ear to ear. I'm getting so excited now, we are off this Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    @Natalie73 very exciting, we leave on sunday, we might cross paths :-) best of luck mate xox

20. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (21-09-2016)