Egg Donation in Greece #4 | Page 53 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rhino So happy to hear things are progressing nicely! You've been in my thoughts X

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Juventina For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ Juventina thank you. Will surely try to get the weight down . Thanks for the warm welcome 😀

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Homy For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @infinity888 - ask .... it's why we're here! We went to Embryoland and the info we got about our donor was - age (29); height (163cm); eye colour (hazel); and the fact that she'd successfully donated before, as well as having a child of her own. The only thing that didn't match me physically was eye colour - I have blue/grey eyes - Dr Nikos was quite concerned, until he spoke to us - both DP and my mum have hazel eyes - and his relief was immediate .
    Dr N does 5 day blastocyst transfers - the embryologist will come and talk to you prior to transfer, tell you about the embryos quality and give you picture/s. She (Constantina) will also let you know if/how many are available to freeze and discuss options if none are of freezing quality. We nearly had to leave a further sample from DP, but luckily 2 improved to freezing quality by the time I had my transfer.
    I believe the law in Greece is for no more than 2 embryos to be transferred in a donor egg situation - you have to remember that these eggs are generally from much younger women and are of great quality - twins do happen. You get to decide if you want 1 or 2 transferred.
    Hope this helps xx

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AngelD For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (18-09-2016),infinity888  (18-09-2016),Rhino  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Homy don't panic too much about your weight - I'm the same height as you and was 72kg at transfer - I did lose about 4kg before we went over, and of course as Juventina said getting closer to optimal weight is a good thing. Taking off a couple of kilos before you go certainly won't hurt, but don't go overboard - keeping yourself healthy is key. Good luck for December, trust Dr Nikos, and ask us if your not sure about anything - we're all here for each other xx

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AngelD For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (18-09-2016),Homy  (20-09-2016),Rhino  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @angeID thanks so much for your reply. Yes dr N is calling me this afternoon so fx i have some answers. Lastly ladies on average how many eggs do the donors produce each cycle? I know each one is different but a general overview gives me an idea of how many i might get. Happy sunday everyone

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (19-09-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (18-09-2016),Rhino  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity888 View Post
    @gorgeousgeorge im blonde haired and blue eyed. Fair skin so im ? Match ups from greece haha. However on their website i think they have polish donors to. Great information and help ladies. Thanks so much once i decide which thread im on ill be back. Lol
    @infinity888 they have blonde blue eyed donors over there too coz greece has lots of different looking people. @Positano1 was concerned about that. She said in an earlier post she contacted a danish clinic about de ivf and they said they send their patients to embryoland :-)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Homy View Post
    Hye lovely ladies ! Posting for the first time, but I have been reading following this thread for few months now. This thread and others of similar subjects have added so much to my knowledge and understanding about options other than OE.
    I have had 3 failed attempts of ICSI. Reasons being DH's low sperm count and motility and mg AMH of 0.1 which is dangerously low in my case, as I'm only 34 years old. My last attempt at ICSI was from a well known clinic in Dubai and the doctor suggested that i should look into DE options and that Greece should be a suitable option for me , as I'm from Pakistan origin .

Reading about your experiences and positive reviews gave me the courage and hope to contact Serum and embryoland . Received instant replies from both clinics with basic outline of the procedure . After hearing such positive reviews on Dr. Nicos, I have decided to go with him . Have had multiple skype sessions with him as we are planning to be in Greece in December .

It's so lovely to see a group of ladies guiding and directing each other in this taxing journey of conception . It's an emotional roller coaster at times and support of people going through the same journey is simply wonderful . I will be taking guidelines from the experienced members of this . Hope you will be kind enough to support and guide me whenever I stumble upon this rocky path.

Just one question to start off with . I'm a little overweight , 70 kgs at 5'4" . Can anyone suggest if an ideal weight of around 60 kgs should be achieved before heading to Greece and if that helps in an easy conception.
    @Homy welcome :-) yes, this thread is amazing and the ladies are so supportive and helpful. Im happy to help anyway i can xox (i dont think being 70kg is a problem myself but i dont really know. I think if you are very obese they like you to loose some weight but 70kg isnt obese.) Maybe other ladies can give advice? I guess, in general, you just try to get as healthy as you can, wishing you all the best. December is not too far away.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity888 View Post
    @angeID thanks so much for your reply. Yes dr N is calling me this afternoon so fx i have some answers. Lastly ladies on average how many eggs do the donors produce each cycle? I know each one is different but a general overview gives me an idea of how many i might get. Happy sunday everyone
    @infinity888 i think you will love dr.n as soon as you see/speak with him. They try to get 10-12 eggs, same as a good fs in australia, so no overstimulation and good quality over quantity. The main thing to remember is the eggs are from young donors with good egg quality which makes a huge difference. You dont need 20+eggs if theyre good eggs :-) I guess, the de option gives you the same odds as if you, yourself responded well to ivf and had no fertility issues. So 10-12 eggs with same drop off rate of about 50% from day 3 to day 5 and hopefully you end up with 2 good fresh blasties and fingers crossed for a couple of frosties if you're lucky. They say odd of success are about 60% with a double transfer. So like any ivf, it can still take a few goes and that is normal. (I keep trying to remind myself not to fall apart if it doesnt work first go- trying to approach it like im getting a 2nd chance to start ivf all over again but with better odds than the 5% chance i was getting each own egg cycle) xox

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Natalie73  (18-09-2016),Rhino  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rhino hi lovely, glad you have got some lovely fertilised eggs xox if getting to the islabds is stressful, go to a travel agent i reckon. The island andros looked lovely to me so im going there for 1 night. Im sure a travel agent can help. Its much cheaper than santorini and mykonos and just as nice. The ferry company is golden star ferries and they leave from rafina port. But all the islands are beautiful so you cant go wrong. How many days after transfer are you there for? Anyway, i hope everything continues to go well xox

18. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @infinity888 they have blonde blue eyed donors over there too coz greece has lots of different looking people. @Positano1 was concerned about that. She said in an earlier post she contacted a danish clinic about de ivf and they said they send their patients to embryoland :-)
    That's exactly right @georgeousgeorge and @infinity888 plenty of Polish donors and I have seen some of the babies and they are very fair. Also one of the first women Imspokemabout Dr K accidentally ran into,her donor at the clinic and she said she was very similar looking to me.

I write this when I should be vacuuming and baby is as usual bouncing about inside me. I'm 30 weeks now and can't wait to meet my little angel.

I know now anyone going to Embryoland will also experience the joys of motherhood too ������

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (19-09-2016),Rhino  (18-09-2016)