Closed Thread
Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Alicat77 thanks for that info. Serum seems to be a reputable clinic so im sure you're in goid hands, did you do fet as a single lady or was this your second go at donor ivf, hence the fet? Have you got plans to go back? Anymore frosties? Im hoping that you give yourself time to grieve for this cycle and maybe get a plan b, c, d etc.. together for the future. Take care xox
    @infinity888 hi, i forgot to add, the clinic will choose the donor based on eye colour, hair, body build and skin tone. Proven donors too. You dont get pictures or identifying info as legally donors have to be anonymous. Serum and embryoland have good info on their websites too. I never checked iakentro but im sure they have a website too. Happy to answer any questions. Im kinda a newbie though as i havent gone yet but ive been at the same stage of trying to choose a clinic. Greece was a given over sa for me, because im half maltese (easy to find donors with my skin tone and closer to 'wog' features ;-) and because id rather holiday in athens than capetown.) I loved athens when i went there before (seems trivial but if youre gonna go oseas, why not go somewhere youd wanna go anyway.)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Alicat77  (17-09-2016),Rhino  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge im blonde haired and blue eyed. Fair skin so im ? Match ups from greece haha. However on their website i think they have polish donors to. Great information and help ladies. Thanks so much once i decide which thread im on ill be back. Lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to infinity888 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge I am single, serum have an embryo adoption option which is where you pay $3000 euro for 2 top quality blastocysts (day 5 embryo's), which is why I had a FET.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alicat77 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (18-09-2016),Rhino  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicat77 View Post
    @gorgeousgeorge I am single, serum have an embryo adoption option which is where you pay $3000 euro for 2 top quality blastocysts (day 5 embryo's), which is why I had a FET.
    Oh ok, i didnt know they did that Im so sorry it hasnt worked for you this time. Im about to go myself and im in a good place at the moment but i know I'll be crushed if i get a negative result. So, i dont knowvhow it feels yet, but imagining it scares me, so i really feel for you. Im thinking of you. It will be hard to redo bt too :-( i HATE going for bt when i know in my heart its negative. Surprisingly hard, i found.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity888 View Post
    @gorgeousgeorge im blonde haired and blue eyed. Fair skin so im ? Match ups from greece haha. However on their website i think they have polish donors to. Great information and help ladies. Thanks so much once i decide which thread im on ill be back. Lol
    Hi there my donor was Polish and am looking at my little girl 15 weeks. Embryoland and Dr Nikos Kanakas....so far we are fair with blue eyes at this point still and fair hair. I wish you all the best. Please go through our journey's in the previous posts. There are cab drivers and accom all provided that have been good and bad.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kcraig For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (18-09-2016),Rhino  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI everyone thanks for all the well wishes!!

Update: we saw Dr N again today - of 9 DE 6 have fertilised and continued to grow. He was very excited while we were there as a Melbourne couple just found out they were pregnant with twins. He is very excitable!! There are a lot of people at the clinic so much waiting around but air con and water available so all good!

Dr N prefers 5 day transfer so we'll have transfer (all going well) on Tue. Everything has gone so well so we are here way too long... we're now looking at possibilities of going to the island. Problem is we didn't research any of that and finding it hard from here. Dr N set us up with an apartment through Chris - he's also telling us about his upsets when people leave earlier than he was told as he loses out in money. We didn't have any say as we didn't book the apratment - Dr N did. I think I'm just very tired (jet lag) and not coping well with heat and emotions.

I am excited though and we're soooo looking forward to the transfer and a positive result!!

So many heading over soon - good luck and I'll be praying for a BFP for everyone!!!

Sorry I've forgotten names... but costs for us so far at Embryoland have been: cash up front $3500 euro. $848 euro to chemist for donor meds and 7 boxes of progesterone. (must remember to purchase more of that before we leave!). $2000 euro on credit card to embryoland on our second visit - unsure what for (that was after DH gave his donation and donor had her eggs.

Not sure what else is to come.... But obviously transfer costs...

Our donor is fair skinned and matched to me in height, eye colour, and weight. She is 20 yo uni student.

I'll update further on Tue after our transfer! Hopefully by then I'm over jet lag and we've set up something to do for the extra time we were asked to be here ....

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (18-09-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Newbie

Hye lovely ladies ! Posting for the first time, but I have been reading following this thread for few months now. This thread and others of similar subjects have added so much to my knowledge and understanding about options other than OE.
    I have had 3 failed attempts of ICSI. Reasons being DH's low sperm count and motility and mg AMH of 0.1 which is dangerously low in my case, as I'm only 34 years old. My last attempt at ICSI was from a well known clinic in Dubai and the doctor suggested that i should look into DE options and that Greece should be a suitable option for me , as I'm from Pakistan origin .

Reading about your experiences and positive reviews gave me the courage and hope to contact Serum and embryoland . Received instant replies from both clinics with basic outline of the procedure . After hearing such positive reviews on Dr. Nicos, I have decided to go with him . Have had multiple skype sessions with him as we are planning to be in Greece in December .

It's so lovely to see a group of ladies guiding and directing each other in this taxing journey of conception . It's an emotional roller coaster at times and support of people going through the same journey is simply wonderful . I will be taking guidelines from the experienced members of this . Hope you will be kind enough to support and guide me whenever I stumble upon this rocky path.

Just one question to start off with . I'm a little overweight , 70 kgs at 5'4" . Can anyone suggest if an ideal weight of around 60 kgs should be achieved before heading to Greece and if that helps in an easy conception.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Homy View Post
    Hye lovely ladies ! Posting for the first time, but I have been reading following this thread for few months now. This thread and others of similar subjects have added so much to my knowledge and understanding about options other than OE.
    I have had 3 failed attempts of ICSI. Reasons being DH's low sperm count and motility and mg AMH of 0.1 which is dangerously low in my case, as I'm only 34 years old. My last attempt at ICSI was from a well known clinic in Dubai and the doctor suggested that i should look into DE options and that Greece should be a suitable option for me , as I'm from Pakistan origin .

Reading about your experiences and positive reviews gave me the courage and hope to contact Serum and embryoland . Received instant replies from both clinics with basic outline of the procedure . After hearing such positive reviews on Dr. Nicos, I have decided to go with him . Have had multiple skype sessions with him as we are planning to be in Greece in December .

It's so lovely to see a group of ladies guiding and directing each other in this taxing journey of conception . It's an emotional roller coaster at times and support of people going through the same journey is simply wonderful . I will be taking guidelines from the experienced members of this . Hope you will be kind enough to support and guide me whenever I stumble upon this rocky path.

Just one question to start off with . I'm a little overweight , 70 kgs at 5'4" . Can anyone suggest if an ideal weight of around 60 kgs should be achieved before heading to Greece and if that helps in an easy conception.
    Welcome!!!
    And we'll done for choosing Dr Nikos. Even though our first attempt with him in June didn't go the way we hoped, we're returning in Jan.
    I am also overweight. Much more than you. For health reasons obviously a lower weight is always a good thing but don't beat yourself up over it if it doesn't happen.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Juventina For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (18-09-2016),Homy  (18-09-2016),Rhino  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rhino So happy to hear things are progressing nicely! You've been in my thoughts X

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Juventina For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (18-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ Juventina thank you. Will surely try to get the weight down . Thanks for the warm welcome 😀

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Homy For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (18-09-2016)