Closed Thread
Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Newbie

Hi ladies
    I only just found this forum and I wish I had found you ladies 2 years ago but I thought I would add my DE adventures for the ladies that are starting on this journey . I have had 15 attempts at IVF using my own eggs , 5 miscarriages all in 10years until I got my AMH levels of 1% my only option was ED . At the time I only knew of one Clinic which was Genesis through a FS so I went there .i must admit being Greek my self the way it was didn't surprise me .Yes I did have good and bad experiences but in the end I got exactly what I want . My journey to Greece started in sept '14 and I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl June '15. I rented an apartment in Athens for 8weeks and loved every minute of it . If anyone has any question about accomodation or my journey I'm also happy to answer .
    Last edited by Nonaz; 06-09-2016 at 17:53.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nonaz For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (06-09-2016),Rhino  (08-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Rhino i do so hope things work out for you first go. Im not trying to tell you what to do but i would maybe discuss freezing embys if you havecsome left over just in case you change your mind, i.e. even if in a few months or years you get the urge to try afain, you wouldnt have to pay full cycle costs again BUT i totally respect that its your decision and support you 100% in whatever you do decide xox
    @Positano1 soz lovely lady, i was asking about single embryo transfer (set) or double embryo (det) transfer. I saw that you were like me, in thinking a single transfer was what i think i should do but was wondering if you changed your mind at some stage throughout your long journey. Thanks for sharing. Im just trying to consider my options and gather as much info on others experiences but i can do it by personal message if its a bit too intrusive on the forum
    @kategc thank you for the freezing cost info
    Last edited by gorgeousgeorge; 06-09-2016 at 19:43.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (08-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Nonaz welcome, im so glad u got your baby! Yes, it must have been hard doing it on your own/ no other ladies to talk to about it. bubhub was what first even let me know overseas ivf existed and this thread inspired me to actually do it (and not feel like i was crazy or that it was too scary)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (08-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Welcome

Welcome @Nonaz . Im at Genesis as well so thrilled to hear someone else went there to ! May I ask which dr you were with . I haven't been on the sight much after returning from Greece a few weeks back as life has been a little busy . Looking forward to getting know your story & experience .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (06-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @Rhino i do so hope things work out for you first go. Im not trying to tell you what to do but i would maybe discuss freezing embys if you havecsome left over just in case you change your mind, i.e. even if in a few months or years you get the urge to try afain, you wouldnt have to pay full cycle costs again BUT i totally respect that its your decision and support you 100% in whatever you do decide xox
    @Positano1 soz lovely lady, i was asking about single embryo transfer (set) or double embryo (det) transfer. I saw that you were like me, in thinking a single transfer was what i think i should do but was wondering if you changed your mind at some stage throughout your long journey. Thanks for sharing. Im just trying to consider my options and gather as much info on others experiences but i can do it by personal message if its a bit too intrusive on the forum
    @kategc thank you for the freezing cost info
    @gorgeousgeorge we ended up transferring two each time. It was a huge decision as we really didn't want twins for many reasons, including health reasons of the babies and myself.

Dr K has a very high twin rate. I'm glad we did the two now though as I might not have my one had we just done one. There is evidence transferring two helps increase chance of one taking, not just statistically.

Good of luck with your decision. Let me know if you need anything else.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (06-09-2016),Rhino  (08-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Positano1 thank you so much for your reply and your time spent telking me about your experience with the double/single dilema. Its helping me to work through this aspect of my upcoming cycle. Are you still on bubhub in another forum so i can stalk you and see how your pregnancy is going? (If not, when bubs comes, will you pop back in and share your joy with us? (Only if you want to though, sometimes i dream about being able to completely forget about ivf and infertility and never look back, so to speak so i would totally understand if you felt that way too) xox

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (08-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky8 View Post
    Welcome @Nonaz . Im at Genesis as well so thrilled to hear someone else went there to ! May I ask which dr you were with . I haven't been on the sight much after returning from Greece a few weeks back as life has been a little busy . Looking forward to getting know your story & experience .
    Hi Lucky8 I went with Dr Pantos he was lovely to me I can't complain the only thing was the waiting times drove me crazy only cause we have been spoil there and as I said being of Greek heritage and being to Greece quite a few times I accepted that ,that how things are there they are very laid back when it comes to people waiting . Other than that they really looked after me I remember after I had my blood test which was done there a week later I had a massive bleed to I rung him and he got one of his nurses to arrange this injection so she rang me to go in and they gave me this injection and told me it was very common they sent me home on bed rest and his nurse kept ringing me every couple of hours to see how the bleeding was .She was so good and kept reassuring me not to worry.she was a god send I must say. The only thing I have to say and a lot of the girls have said it as well stock up on the meds there as it is so cheap my hand luggage coming home was full of meds as they had me I so many . I must say they did choose a matching donor as I have a lot of people comment that she looks like me little do they know

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nonaz For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (08-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lucky8 hi:-) its nice to hear from you again, hope you are going ok xox @Nonaz just thought id mention, if you write to someone and put the @ symbol before their username, they will getca notification and/or email message to let them know someone has written to them on the forum. Just so you know and it can help get faster replies, if you're asking a question or need a response :-) (sorry if that sounded know-it-all-bossy-boots) Just that it took me a while to figure that out myself :-) )

16. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (08-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @gorgeousgeorge and no you are not being a know it all I appreciate you letting me know

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nonaz For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (07-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Nonaz

Nice to meet you !

Although I had issues communicating from Australia as there were time delays from Greece ,I found my dr very prompt & if he was busy in surgery in order to speed things up we had a back up dr who was terrific . My husband was surprised we had more free time than anticipated ! We basically just rocked up to Genesis & it was managed when we were there . Blood tests scans etc .Our egg donor agency was done via Iakentro which was my request as I'd heard it was a very progressive egg donor agency . In hindsight I could have done it all at Genesis but had heard mixed reviews on the forum which had put me off .

I will be getting in contact with Genesis soon as it didn't take on our first go . I have a mthfr issue which can have unknowns & getting further testing to get more clarity on the meantime . Will think of some questions to !
    Last edited by Lucky8; 07-09-2016 at 07:07.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (07-09-2016),lissimmo  (08-09-2016),Rhino  (08-09-2016)