Closed Thread
Page 44 of 68 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rhino wishing you much luck with your trip!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1MoreTry For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (05-09-2016),Rhino  (06-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @1MoreTry luv your username! It could apply to all of us, i reckon. Great news about your dr.n skype and nice to meet you. Keep us posted on your progress :-)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

1MoreTry  (05-09-2016),Rhino  (06-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lol, i was bloody hoping this thread would pick up again after august. Looks like it's all cranking up again.
    @Positano1 hello, im dragging you back in again to ask intrusive personal questions ;-) Ive been rereading this thread from the beggining (again!) And i was wondering, did you end up doing set or det and did you change your mind along the way? Im not just being nosey, im kinda still struggling with the set or det thing as i get closer to actually going. My heart says just trust dr.n and do what he suggests but my heads telling me different. And please, no hard feelings if you'd rather not share. (Lol, im aware that im wanting someone to tell me what i should do, which is not possible.) Im trying to tell myself to just let it be until the decision has to be made and to do it in consultation with my fs but its hard because i know my australian fs, whom i also trust and respect would never do det first go with a proven donor :-) )

Oh and does anyone else know, do embryoland freeze embies in separate vials and are freezing costs per embryo? Ive been trying to leave dr.n alone over august but it might be time to send another neurotic email with a billion questions ???
    Last edited by gorgeousgeorge; 05-09-2016 at 22:39.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (06-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Catching up!

Its been a while but i hope everyone is progressing with their journeys as they wish it to be.....

@Juventina you have posed an interesting question and its something my DH and i have pondered over many times @gorgeousgeorge and @SharonD i share your views.....its a difficult line to draw and very different for everyone i am sure....for us we started our journey later in life and were blessed with DD after a few heartbreaking miscarriages.....post baby no.1 and life was grand....then came what seemed like a never ending series of failures and more heartaches with our babies gng to bless the heavens.......before we knew it we were hitting 46 and still our hearts yearned for another healthy baby.....every failed pregnancy as the years went by were seemingly insurmountable....but we persued our dream and still continue to do so because we wish more than anything for a sibling for our little lass who constantly wishes she had a sister or brother.....she keeps us young despite our ages and whilst we know life is instantly changeable we have put into place as much as we can if something terrible were to happen.....right now we've given ourselves just 'one more try' in the hope that somehow our dream will become a reality......but wer also aware that age, finances and desire wud eventually stop us.....when and if that day comes and we aren't able to hold another precious child of ours i know we will mourn along with so many others......but until that day the 'hoping' doesn’t fade for us....if we had a sibling for our DD despite our age we will love and care for them both until our dying breath...for myself i know in my heart of hearts i couldn't keep gng through more failures beyond 47 and i so admire those who have.....but who knows i might just change my mind where there is still a glimmer of hope but i am certain my heart and mind will know when its time to pull up stumps.....

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1MoreTry For This Useful Post:

Juventina  (05-09-2016),Rhino  (06-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @1MoreTry luv your username! It could apply to all of us, i reckon. Great news about your dr.n skype and nice to meet you. Keep us posted on your progress :-)
    Thanks @gorgeousgeorge love urs as well! Yes will keep updated and glad to hear of everyone else's happenings too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooops multiple posts sorry!
    Last edited by 1MoreTry; 05-09-2016 at 23:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @gorgeousgeorge love urs too! Its great to hear of everyones happenings will keep updated on here too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol, i was bloody hoping this thread would pick up again after august. Looks like it's all cranking up again.
    @Positano1 hello, im dragging you back in again to ask intrusive personal questions ;-) Ive been rereading this thread from the beggining (again!) And i was wondering, did you end up doing set or det and did you change your mind along the way? Im not just being nosey, im kinda still struggling with the set or det thing as i get closer to actually going. My heart says just trust dr.n and do what he suggests but my heads telling me different. And please, no hard feelings if you'd rather not share. (Lol, im aware that im wanting someone to tell me what i should do, which is not possible.) Im trying to tell myself to just let it be until the decision has to be made and to do it in consultation with my fs but its hard because i know my australian fs, whom i also trust and respect would never do det first go with a proven donor :-) )

Oh and does anyone else know, do embryoland freeze embies in separate vials and are freezing costs per embryo? Ive been trying to leave dr.n alone over august but it might be time to send another neurotic email with a billion questions ???
    Hi @gorgeousgeorge,

I'm happy to help any way I can but I'm not up on acronyms (maybe baby brain is just taking over again) so I don't know what you are asking me sorry.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (06-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone one week to go before we leave!
    @Juventina hard question - I have changed. Originally I'd decided 45 was the oldest I'd want to be - but as life would have it I'll will be 47 when (hopefully) I have my baby from this Greece trip. We have a glimpse of new hope when we heard about donor egg overseas! We have talked about this subject a lot and both of us are quite young looking for our age, healthy and fit. But I do worry about the concerns about pregnancy and birth for 'older' women. We know this is our last chance - That's likely the reason over the last month I've slowly gotten increasingly stressed and emotional... I do however know and have all my life, people who have been raised by grandparents with lots of love and more time with them as well... It really is a very personal decision!

@1MoreTry glad your first skype call with Dr N! It does get exciting and terrifying from there

@gorgeousgeorge I'd contact Dr N with your questions! You at least have questions - I come across something then freak out - you at least to think of the questions way before! I don't know if we should have our embies checked before transfer - don't even know what we'd have to consider to do that!?! Hadn't even thought of freezing costs - the only reason we'd do that is to donate the embies as this is our last chance and we won't be going back.

So much happening in Greece over the next couple of months! Good luck everyone!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (06-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    In relation to freezing embryos at Embryoland it's a one of payment of 500euro for 5 years.
    Best of luck to the women heading over soon xx

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kategc For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (06-09-2016),Rhino  (08-09-2016)