Closed Thread
Page 43 of 68 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Laiylabelle thank you for sharing that you now have a gorgeous little girl I need to focus on positive outcome for us right now and that helped!!!

@AngelD I'm sorry to hear you're high risk pg ! Praying the next 3 weeks go by without incident for you!! And thanks for info on progesterone! (is Utrogestan the progesterone?). I'll put that on my list for Greece

@Yasna that's fantastic - so you're going for a sibling for DS! Speaking to you was the start of my journey to Dr N so thank you!

@francesthecat great for you as well - project sibling!

Not long now for us - next Tue we leave yikes! Started the progonova 3 days ago (really shouldn't have read the info in the box again - scary side effects!).... Have the cash organised, qantas cash card ready to go, apartment set up by Dr N (amazing guy really!)! Now to start the packing in between clients

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (05-09-2016),francesthecat  (05-09-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (05-09-2016),Yasna  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @francesthecat Wishing you all the best! @Yasna Fingers crossed for you!!! @AngelD hoping that things go smoothly @Rhino Can't believe you're going next week...time has gone so quick

So here's a question for all you girls of which I've been giving some thought to. When do you say enough is enough? Without knowing most of your ages from memory do you have a cut off point? Do you think about what it's like (for example to be 48 and then to be potentially leaving a 20 year old by the time you're 68?)
    We've had this discussion the last few weeks and as someone who is an only child (I'm 39, Mum is 60, father passed away when he was 53) I am very mindful that at the moment the end of the line stops with me and the reality is that even if we have just one child (let's say next year...I'd be 60 when the child is 20) that it's pushing on the older side.
    Yes I know many woman by choice are having babies later in life...but when do you stop and put your own desperation aside for the sake of a future child and their needs and reality situation? The case of the 67 year old last month (donor eggs in India) was just ridiculous, and as much as I feel for people...I even think 47-48 is getting past it, with many expectations they'd get family to care for a child if something happened to them. (which I know anything can happen to any of us at any age). We had friends who tried until they were 50 for 20 years and they had to make that tough call.
    So what's your thoughts on this? Your cut off age? Is it something you and your partner (if you have one) agree on? Ours is me being 43 at the very latest.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Juventina For This Useful Post:

BeckyGC  (06-09-2016),francesthecat  (05-09-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (05-09-2016),Rhino  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @AussieAmerican thanks so much for that info about the pgd process and costs, its really appreciated and has given me food for thought. If you dont mind me asking, dud your results influence you to transfer 1 or 2, and did your pgd emby stick? (i hope it did xox)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @francesthecat hi :-) i read your struggle to conceive at the beginning of this thread and others but i never found out that the story had a happy ending, and so i am sooo pleased for you that it did xox i hope your next journey is smooth sailing xox
    Last edited by gorgeousgeorge; 05-09-2016 at 17:55.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (05-09-2016),Rhino  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rhino next tuesday!! Thats exciting mate. You'll be back just before i head of, will be thinking of you xox

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge, you're most welcome ❤️. We we're going to transfer 2 regardless of testing or not, we just wanted the best shot possible of having a Bub. Unfortunately it did not work for us but we also have a history of miscarriages so there is more coming into play with my body. Our embryos were great quality but for whatever reason they didn't work. Best of luck 😊

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AussieAmerican For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (05-09-2016),Rhino  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Juventina View Post
    @francesthecat Wishing you all the best! @Yasna Fingers crossed for you!!! @AngelD hoping that things go smoothly @Rhino Can't believe you're going next week...time has gone so quick

So here's a question for all you girls of which I've been giving some thought to. When do you say enough is enough? Without knowing most of your ages from memory do you have a cut off point? Do you think about what it's like (for example to be 48 and then to be potentially leaving a 20 year old by the time you're 68?)
    We've had this discussion the last few weeks and as someone who is an only child (I'm 39, Mum is 60, father passed away when he was 53) I am very mindful that at the moment the end of the line stops with me and the reality is that even if we have just one child (let's say next year...I'd be 60 when the child is 20) that it's pushing on the older side.
    Yes I know many woman by choice are having babies later in life...but when do you stop and put your own desperation aside for the sake of a future child and their needs and reality situation? The case of the 67 year old last month (donor eggs in India) was just ridiculous, and as much as I feel for people...I even think 47-48 is getting past it, with many expectations they'd get family to care for a child if something happened to them. (which I know anything can happen to any of us at any age). We had friends who tried until they were 50 for 20 years and they had to make that tough call.
    So what's your thoughts on this? Your cut off age? Is it something you and your partner (if you have one) agree on? Ours is me being 43 at the very latest.
    @Juventina interesting questions, heres what i reckon based on my own views and some stuff i read that other people said that i hadnt thought of (but not saying this is what others should think):
    - ive never met anyone, despite what hardships theyve faced, who truly wished theyd never been born and there's a lot worse things in life than having old parents or even no parents
    - im a teacher and a lot of my kids live with their grandparents permanently, as their own parents are unable or unwilling to care for them. From what i see of them, living with their 60+ grandparents gives them a better, stable life than if they lived with mum or dad
    - age is quite relative, in a way, i.e. some 60+ years olds are healthier than 20 year old people with drug addictions. Some 60+ year olds run marathons n stuff, whereas there are many very unhealthy younger people in this world
    - it might also be worth considering income as well, if you were 50 but a billionaire, you could afford a nanny or help with bubba and would be able to set up a trust for your child
    -and yes, i agree with your point about we could go anytime, so you cant 'not have a baby' just because you cant guarantee them a perfect future
    -i hope this isnt upsetting, but im 36, so i havent considered a cut off time, im hoping ive got 5 years to keep working on it before i have to begin to think about it but i think i would consider drs advice about being to old to safely carry a baby, i.e. if it was likely me and bub could both die, then id definately take that on board
    - to be honest, i think everyone has to make their own decision on what's right for them and i think, in a perfect world, no one should be told they're too old to try and get more love in their life (obviously we dont live in a perfect world though, so that idealistic statement is easy to say, harder to apply)
    Anyways, thats just my 2cents :-)

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (05-09-2016),francesthecat  (05-09-2016),Juventina  (05-09-2016),Rhino  (05-09-2016),stacey10  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieAmerican View Post
    @gorgeousgeorge, you're most welcome ❤️. We we're going to transfer 2 regardless of testing or not, we just wanted the best shot possible of having a Bub. Unfortunately it did not work for us but we also have a history of miscarriages so there is more coming into play with my body. Our embryos were great quality but for whatever reason they didn't work. Best of luck 😊
    @AussieAmerican i am so sorry to hear that, i wish you all the best in your ongoing journey. I wish i could 'fix' things for you. I wish i could do that for all of us, take care of yourselves and know that i care too xox

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Juventina I will be 50 5 days after this baby is due, if this go hadnt have worked and I was 50 by the time I had more money saved I would have considered going to north Cyprus where there isn't an age cut off, I completely agree with everything @gorgeousgorge has said, I also don't think what that couple did was so bad either, they will give that child so much love, theyre probably set up financially, and there are lots of grandparents bringing up,their grandchildren and all the child cares about is that they're loved, just about all children/teenagers go through a stage where they're not interested in their parents, my mother had me when she was young so having young parents didn't stop that with me, I remember a boy in secondary school who had older parents and no one batted an eyelid or was nasty to him, as previously said, having your children by a certain age doesn't necessarily guarantee you'll be around for them and I think it's much better for a child to be loved by an older parent than to come from younger parent who really couldn't give a rats **** about them, sadly there are more children harmed by younger parents than by older ones

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

1MoreTry  (05-09-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (05-09-2016),Juventina  (05-09-2016),Rhino  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations! @SharonG and @Laiylabelle
    Sorry to hear of ur recent loss @lissimmo ...read ur article recently in good heath n i had my first skype with Dr K yesterday so i am excited but nervous too!
    Last edited by 1MoreTry; 05-09-2016 at 22:17.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1MoreTry For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (05-09-2016),lissimmo  (06-09-2016),Rhino  (06-09-2016)