Closed Thread
Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Juventina well, January's not too far away, more time to save up more money too, i always think. Best to go do these things, when you dont have other life stuff interfering. If things dont go well for me, I'll prob be back in january sometime too-if i can access my super. Will you be doing a fresh cycle? And if yiu dont mind me asking, have you ever talked to dr.n about doing pgd or cgh (?) testing on embryos even if they are from a donor? I think im at a stage where the $ for that would be nothing compared to bothering to transfer, flying of over there and freezing any embys and id like to know if i am trasferring pdg normal embys and they dont implant, i think that would help diagnostically to find out if the problem is more than just my poor egg quality and i realky really only want to transfer 1 at a time. For me personally, due to some other health issues i have, I do not want twins. Just wondering if you have any info about that?. I will discuss it with dr.n myself when i get there though.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (08-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge you might want to bring the issue of pgs before you get there as many clinics do that on day 5 then freeze until they get the results back and you do a fet,generally it's not something clinics do on the one cycle, there are a couple of clinics that I have come across in north Cyprus that do the biospies on day 3 then they transfer on day 5 but they must have the lab that checks them very close by. I had asked about pgs with my Czech clinic and was told not to bother as the donors were young but in hindsight I should have then it would have saved me having to go through 3 early scans with this pregnancy to see if the eventual blighted ovum would turn into a baby plus it would have been easier mentally to know that i actually had 3 embryos instead of the actual 4 that I thought I had, anyway that's just my personal thinking on it and if you can afford it and they can do it all on the same cycle then I would go for it

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (03-09-2016),Rhino  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I haven't checked in for a while but wanted to let you all know I gave birth to little Charlotte in July.👶 Forever greatful to Dr Kanakas and his team. I know it's hard to believe your dreams can come true...but they really can! Good luck to all of you on this crazy journey - hoping you all get your bundle of joy at the end! X

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Laiylabelle For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (03-09-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (02-09-2016),Rhino  (05-09-2016),SharonG  (04-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Juventina View Post
    @LisaSimmo you miscarried? Did you end up going as you didn't post anything throughout your trip?
    I'm sorry if you felt your questions were stupid. I helped you a lot via on here and private message and certainly had no intention of making you feel stupid, but in all honesty (and please do not take this in a negative way) but you did repeat yourself over and over that many of us had answered in clear detail. Even when a previous poster had commented she miscarried, you ignored the post and asked another question that had been clarified many times. I know internet etiquette can be hard at times, especially with what we're all dealing with but you were responded to and assisted on every occasion.

I am terribly sorry to hear you've miscarried. So many of us have sadly this year and it's a horrible feeling. Why do you have no one and no support? I would highly advise to maybe go and see a counsellor to deal with your loss if you don't have any support around you.
    @LisaSimmo Just so other posters can see my entire post of which you chose to only copy half of it to make it seem like I was being insensitive which I wasn't. You complained in your previous post after week's of not posting that you were made to feel stupid. I was responding to your post as well as offering you support during your miscarriage.

Your reasons for not wanting to post through your fertility journey and treatment are entirely yours so please don't please blame the people in this group if you didn't get any support. How were we to know where you were at? For week's you were asking questions about ATM machines and withdrawing money and then nothing!
    Everyone on here as been supportive and nice to each other from what I've seen in my short time on here. And if you'd like me to copy and paste the private messages with advice I gave you on travel, I'm more than happy to. I am in no way a nasty person. And I among many others after also suffering a miscarriage after fertility treatment know where you're at.

Wishing you the best but I won't be commenting or replying to any of your posts from now. I sincerely hope you get better and get the results you're hoping for in the long run and do still believe a counsellor is a great help (it was for me).

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Juventina For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (10-09-2016),emski72  (03-09-2016),Rhino  (05-09-2016),SharonG  (04-09-2016),stacey10  (03-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge I'll PM You in the next couple of days to let you know where I'm at and the next options!
    @lailabelle Wonderful news! Beautiful name and trust you're feeling fantastic!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Juventina For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (03-09-2016),Rhino  (08-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @gorgeousgeorge

Not long until your trip, in regards to the PGd testing one of the other women from Dr Nikos had hers tested, they tested at day 3 and results were back for transfer at day 5. I don't think Dr Nikos does it often, but speak with him
    now about it if you are concerned regarding it.

All ll the best for the next coming weeks xx

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kategc For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (03-09-2016),Rhino  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, especially those heading to Greece this month! I have everything crossed for successful journeys - as Dr N says - he has 22 Australians going to see him this month! He must be doing something right .
    Just wanted to remind you to remember to stock up on progesterone while you're in Greece ... €7 a box (15 in a box) and over the counter rather than having to worry about finding a compounding chemist and spending a fortune here at home! We ended up buying about 18 boxes which is enough for 90 days - 3 a day. As others have said in the past, Utrogestan is much better than what we get here - not as oily/messy, but would still recommend a liner (sorry if TMI ).
    As for me, I've turned into a higher risk pg - high blood pressure already, so have had my first OB appointment, as well as a visit to an endochronologist, and am on weekly bp monitoring for now, but aside from that seem to be having a pretty good run, no real MS, just a bit of afternoon mild nausea and extreme tiredness.
    Everyone's journey is so different, we've all come to this point through emotional rollercoasters that no-one else can ever truly understand, and I'm so thankful for the support that I've found in these pages! Three weeks until we can breathe a bit easier xx

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AngelD For This Useful Post:

1MoreTry  (05-09-2016),AussieAmerican  (03-09-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (03-09-2016),Rhino  (05-09-2016),SharonG  (04-09-2016),Yasna  (03-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Juventina View Post
    @LisaSimmo Just so other posters can see my entire post of which you chose to only copy half of it to make it seem like I was being insensitive which I wasn't. You complained in your previous post after week's of not posting that you were made to feel stupid. I was responding to your post as well as offering you support during your miscarriage.

Your reasons for not wanting to post through your fertility journey and treatment are entirely yours so please don't please blame the people in this group if you didn't get any support. How were we to know where you were at? For week's you were asking questions about ATM machines and withdrawing money and then nothing!
    Everyone on here as been supportive and nice to each other from what I've seen in my short time on here. And if you'd like me to copy and paste the private messages with advice I gave you on travel, I'm more than happy to. I am in no way a nasty person. And I among many others after also suffering a miscarriage after fertility treatment know where you're at.

Wishing you the best but I won't be commenting or replying to any of your posts from now. I sincerely hope you get better and get the results you're hoping for in the long run and do still believe a counsellor is a great help (it was for me).
    lol i was not asking for support from this forum i was making point that i was made to feel stupid for asking questions. Isnt a forum about asking questions afterall? If you thought I was repeating myself you didn't have to reply either. Maybe look at your delivery in a more sensitive way. Most people on here are great and thanks to those for showing your support������ and to the people that liked the post

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kategc thanks for that advice about stuff, actually thanks to everyone for their advice about all sorts of stuff xox @AngelD i hope everything continues to go ok with you and bubs. When are you due?

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (03-09-2016),kategc  (03-09-2016),Rhino  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge my due date is 12 April ... DP is hoping for about a month earlier (around his birthday ). I'm holding off on joining a 'due in group' until I've reached 12 weeks - love the paranoia that miscarriage has left me with ... not! How's all your planning coming?

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AngelD For This Useful Post:

1MoreTry  (05-09-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (03-09-2016),Rhino  (05-09-2016)