Closed Thread
Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Quick question regarding time in Athens

Hello Ladies

First time posting here but long-time reader of this forum. After reading your inspiring stories, I finally contacted Dr Nikos yesterday and had my first skype call with him last night. He was very proudly showing me Positano1's article in this months' Good Health, so I have grabbed a copy for myself today!

A quick question for the ladies that have been through the process in Athens - is there any way to reduce the number of days spent in Athens? Dr Nikos mentioned 10 days would be needed but I wanted to see if I could get away with less than this. I am travelling to the UK in October and it looks like I may be able to go via Athens late September as my cycle has worked out, but I have a hard deadline to be in the UK by 7 October so need to shave a couple of days off the 10 if I can!

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KikiB For This Useful Post:

Positano1  (23-08-2016),Rhino  (24-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @KikiB Hi and welcome :-) That was me 12 weeks ago. I bought positano1's article too. I think the only way to take less time in athens is, if your partner goes earlier, so he makes sperm deposit and donor has epu. Then they freeze your embies. You can then turn up on your own fir a frozen emby transfer whenever. That way its like a frozen cycle and the dates will be more certain. I know a lady who did that to get her 2nd bub. She flew into athens, had transfer that day, stayed ivernight and caught the plane back the next day. If you are using donor sperm they can do the same- fet. :-) Just means if u using your partners sperm, you wouldnt be going together. Hope that helps :-)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

KikiB  (23-08-2016),Rhino  (24-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You also wouldn't have to do a fet, it could still be a fresh cycle, your partner could go now and leave a sample then you could just fly in for transfer and then off as well or he could be there for the day of egg pick up and you could go over a couple of days later

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (21-08-2016),KikiB  (23-08-2016),Rhino  (24-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stacey10 View Post
    You also wouldn't have to do a fet, it could still be a fresh cycle, your partner could go now and leave a sample then you could just fly in for transfer and then off as well or he could be there for the day of egg pick up and you could go over a couple of days later
    True! I didnt think of that. Lol, i could never send my lovely dh overseas on his own. He reckons he'd end up dead. Last time we were going through an airport, i said, "Geez airports are stressful!"
    He said, "I'm not stressed. I dont even know what we're doing. I just follow you. Im like luggage with legs."
    I'd have to make him dog tags saying "hello, my name is... if lost please return to gorgeousgeorge".

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

KikiB  (23-08-2016),Rhino  (24-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Positano1 i know you're prob not on this thread much anymore but just wondered how everythings going with you, well i hope xox R u on another thread so i can stalk you/get updates without bothering you? Regardless, take care and know, you are in my thoughts xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

How lovely of you to ask after me, especially today when I am feeling sorry for myself. Husband away, just found out tenants terminating lease of my rental property etc.

I'm not on the forum much but did get the email saying you had mentioned me

I am almost 27 weeks and feeling so uncomfortable. Stomach incredibly stretched and breasts don't seem to stop growing.

I found my pregnancy diary from my son from ten years ago last night and my entries are almost identical to this pregnancy. I'm also carrying baby exactly the same as last time - incredibly low. So interesting. Good to know it is not just age affecting me now.

Apart from the aches and pains and falling asleep again at 8pm I'm great.

You must be counting down the days now too. When do you leave in September? It will be a good time to go to Greece. Still warm but less tourists and Dr K might be just slightly quieter

I will be wishing you all the very best of luck, but I feel sure you will come back with very exciting news.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @Positano1 i know you're prob not on this thread much anymore but just wondered how everythings going with you, well i hope xox R u on another thread so i can stalk you/get updates without bothering you? Regardless, take care and know, you are in my thoughts xox

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (24-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Positano1 thats wonderful to hear! Im so glad all is well with you and bubba. Pity about hubby and rental place, so i guess life doesnt become perfect after a bfp? Hmm...i should keep that in mind ;-)
    Im off to athens in less than 5 weeks, excited and scared all at the same time.
    Thanks for you message and wishing you and your growing family and wonderful happy joyous future together xox

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Positano1  (24-08-2016),Rhino  (24-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @KikiB welcome! .. I have to stay 2 weeks! (and opposite to @gorgeousgeorge - I need DH there with me the whole time as I'd get lost, stressed etc without him ). Poor guy had to take extra time off for this. I hope you get everything organised for a quick trip!
    ' @Positano1 so happy for you (pregnancy) - and thanks for sharing where you're at right now ! Sorry you're on your own when tenants do that to you though!

We had our anniversary yesterday which was great! And only a slight tinge of selfish upset when SIL shared they'd just had a baby boy. (so need to get over that before I meet the little guy!)...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Rhino

As I said yesterday was just one of those days.

Dont beat eat yourself about your feelings towards your SIL news. I know how hard it is and some of us cope with it all better than others. It is never easy hearing about someone else's success when we have all fought so long and hard to fulfil our dreams. And what crappy timing on your anniversary. And don't feel bad if you can't completely put your feelings aside before you visit him. But be positive that it will be you soon.

QUOTE=Rhino;8552792]@KikiB welcome! .. I have to stay 2 weeks! (and opposite to @gorgeousgeorge - I need DH there with me the whole time as I'd get lost, stressed etc without him ). Poor guy had to take extra time off for this. I hope you get everything organised for a quick trip!
    ' @Positano1 so happy for you (pregnancy) - and thanks for sharing where you're at right now ! Sorry you're on your own when tenants do that to you though!

We had our anniversary yesterday which was great! And only a slight tinge of selfish upset when SIL shared they'd just had a baby boy. (so need to get over that before I meet the little guy!)...[/QUOTE]

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (26-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, just a quick update for you. We had our viability/dating scan today and had a heartbeat! Measured at 6w6d with hb 128 bpm, so all looking positive for now. Just got to get through the next 5 weeks and then can breathe a bit easier.
    For those of you heading over soon, good luck and keep your thoughts positive xxx

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AngelD For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (24-08-2016),Juventina  (25-08-2016),kcraig  (25-08-2016),Rhino  (26-08-2016),SharonG  (25-08-2016),stacey10  (24-08-2016),Yasna  (29-08-2016)