Closed Thread
Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Rhino and yes, its definitely all legal in greece :-) I sent you an email with some stuff i do before i go anywhere oseas :-)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Thank you @Angelid I'm married so will check with Dr N if we need to bring original etc... thanks phew
    I just emailed a photocopy of our marriage certificate. All was good

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Juventina For This Useful Post:

1MoreTry  (15-08-2016),AngelD  (16-08-2016),Rhino  (17-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen72 View Post
    @1MoreTry as the other ladies have indicated don't let this put you off. The article was written on the eve of donors coming from South Africa to Brisbane. There was a bit of media coverage at the time and the donor coordinator had given an ABC radio interview and then the Courier Mail article came out. I can assure you we (the recipients of the donors that came to Brisbane) were extremely nervous as our Brisbane Dr had already received legal documents from South Africa to stop what he was doing and our cycles were delayed.

With DE it all boils down to whether or not the donor is being paid (and if they are behind the scenes, we are unaware) but up front and on the breakdown on our contract etc, they are not. The are reimbursed for loss of income etc.

A legal friend of mine said to me when we spoke about getting legal advice. '...is anything any legal eagle tells you going to actually change your mind, if not then don't bother. Go and do what you want to do to get your family.'

Needless to say that we are 19w+3d and we still have some contact with our donor, it isn't daily and she doesn't want constant contact. But it is so nice to know that when the time comes if our kids want to know about her or meet her, she's there.

Good luck with your dream...and stop reading the papers!!!
    Thanks @Gen72 ! Great to know n comforting! It certainly hasn't swayed our decision but feel for ur situation with delay....looks like however it all panned out in the end congratulations!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelD View Post
    @Rhino - the only contract we signed in Greece was with a Notary - this was because DF and I are not married. Basically if you're married, you're fine - check with Dr Nikos if you need to bring your original marriage certificate with you or if a copy is sufficient (or one of the married girls who's been can tell you ). If you're not married, then the document that is prepared states that your partner accepts responsibility for the resultant embryo/child and that you agree to receive embryo's created from donor eggs. Cost was E70 and has to be done before egg pickup/fertilisation. The Notarised doc requirement also exists if you're a single lady on your own.
    What you are doing is legal in Greece - in fact the anonymity is law over there. My understanding of that article was that it was more focussed on surrogacy, rather than DE, and IMO it wasn't as clear as it could have been - scaremongering as gorgeousgeorge said
    @AngelD thats how i took it too ie. Primarily bout surrogacy and it wasn't at all clear about DE overseas nor was it clear whyr to find more info......for me its an obvious choice for many who choose to go OS if they can and there are brilliant results to show....the cost of DE here appears high relatively speaking and we aren't that comfortable with a known donor anyway....too close for comfort.......

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1MoreTry For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (16-08-2016),Rhino  (17-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scan today at around 21wks all good and I'm having a girl

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AnnaMM For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (16-08-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (16-08-2016),Rhino  (17-08-2016),SharonG  (16-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @AnnaMM oooh, a little girl, that's sooo exciting!!! Lol, I'll take whatever i can get but id love to have a little girl. So exciting and i love little girl stuff. Im so glad your scan went well xox

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (16-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Lovely, at this stage heading over late September. All depends on the next menstrual cycle... Started day one of cycle today, now to work out how to take the pill!!! Thank you for thinking of me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're a legend, thank you! Any wisdom you would like to part with? We're off at the end of September, so so so excited.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations @AnnaMM that is awesome!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 1MoreTry For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (17-08-2016)