Closed Thread
Page 35 of 68 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks GG and KateGC - still getting used to this thread and how it works but appreciate the thoughts.....I read that Courier Mail article and wondered if there were in fact any legal implications. When i mentioned this to a friend of mine they warned me to get legal advice! hence the reason for asking the question to see if anyone had experience with legalities if any existed.....i think that article maily referred to surrogacy but i got a tad worried when it talked about OSDE....not sure too how they would police it and believe the DE rules here in Oz are pretty tough for those of us trying to conceive and need DE....like many of you our journey has ended in one way but perhaps is opening through other doors.....its comforting to read the stories of success and otherwise just to know there are others out there with similar desires and worries.....it can be hard but we are still hopeful ....baby dust to all and hoping one day i can post our success story here too ......

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 1MoreTry For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (14-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't personally seek legal advice, we plan on returning for a 2nd DE cycle in the next few months and am not worried about any legal ramifications. I believe it's one of those laws that may be on the books but they don't prosecute, at least that's the case for surrogacy I've been told. Best of luck ❤️

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AussieAmerican For This Useful Post:

1MoreTry  (14-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreTry View Post
    Thanks GG and KateGC - still getting used to this thread and how it works but appreciate the thoughts.....I read that Courier Mail article and wondered if there were in fact any legal implications. When i mentioned this to a friend of mine they warned me to get legal advice! hence the reason for asking the question to see if anyone had experience with legalities if any existed.....i think that article maily referred to surrogacy but i got a tad worried when it talked about OSDE....not sure too how they would police it and believe the DE rules here in Oz are pretty tough for those of us trying to conceive and need DE....like many of you our journey has ended in one way but perhaps is opening through other doors.....its comforting to read the stories of success and otherwise just to know there are others out there with similar desires and worries.....it can be hard but we are still hopeful ....baby dust to all and hoping one day i can post our success story here too ......
    Welcome! You need to read this particular thread from start to now (and this is the 3rd or 4th restarted topic) to understand the process, the journey, highs and lows.
    Yes there are issues with surrogacy. Donor eggs no. Do not believe words of people that don't understand this part of fertility treatment and how it works.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Juventina For This Useful Post:

1MoreTry  (14-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Juventina been stalking somewhat before joining but thanks for advice.....going down the ED route was initially quite scary and daunting but these posts have alleviated many of those fears and whyr hoping soon to travel to Greece.....of course nothing is certain but we can only try......

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 1MoreTry For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreTry View Post
    @Juventina been stalking somewhat before joining but thanks for advice.....going down the ED route was initially quite scary and daunting but these posts have alleviated many of those fears and whyr hoping soon to travel to Greece.....of course nothing is certain but we can only try......
    Absolutely! Taking the first step is daunting, however lovely people on here are with you right through your journey. The good, the sad, the bad, the ecstatic times and the tears.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Juventina For This Useful Post:

1MoreTry  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @1MoreTry as the other ladies have indicated don't let this put you off. The article was written on the eve of donors coming from South Africa to Brisbane. There was a bit of media coverage at the time and the donor coordinator had given an ABC radio interview and then the Courier Mail article came out. I can assure you we (the recipients of the donors that came to Brisbane) were extremely nervous as our Brisbane Dr had already received legal documents from South Africa to stop what he was doing and our cycles were delayed.

With DE it all boils down to whether or not the donor is being paid (and if they are behind the scenes, we are unaware) but up front and on the breakdown on our contract etc, they are not. The are reimbursed for loss of income etc.

A legal friend of mine said to me when we spoke about getting legal advice. '...is anything any legal eagle tells you going to actually change your mind, if not then don't bother. Go and do what you want to do to get your family.'

Needless to say that we are 19w+3d and we still have some contact with our donor, it isn't daily and she doesn't want constant contact. But it is so nice to know that when the time comes if our kids want to know about her or meet her, she's there.

Good luck with your dream...and stop reading the papers!!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

1MoreTry  (15-08-2016),AngelD  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AngelID thank you @annbamm so sorry to hear how sick you've been! Yes thank God bubs is ok!!! @1MoreTry welcome @gorgeousgeorge - what contracts do we sign in Greece and is it definitely all legal? One more thing to freak me out - not good timing @Gen72 thanks for your post on all of this!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

1MoreTry  (15-08-2016),AnnaMM  (16-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    @AngelID thank you @annbamm so sorry to hear how sick you've been! Yes thank God bubs is ok!!! @1MoreTry welcome @gorgeousgeorge - what contracts do we sign in Greece and is it definitely all legal? One more thing to freak me out - not good timing @Gen72 thanks for your post on all of this!
    @Rhino - the only contract we signed in Greece was with a Notary - this was because DF and I are not married. Basically if you're married, you're fine - check with Dr Nikos if you need to bring your original marriage certificate with you or if a copy is sufficient (or one of the married girls who's been can tell you ). If you're not married, then the document that is prepared states that your partner accepts responsibility for the resultant embryo/child and that you agree to receive embryo's created from donor eggs. Cost was E70 and has to be done before egg pickup/fertilisation. The Notarised doc requirement also exists if you're a single lady on your own.
    What you are doing is legal in Greece - in fact the anonymity is law over there. My understanding of that article was that it was more focussed on surrogacy, rather than DE, and IMO it wasn't as clear as it could have been - scaremongering as gorgeousgeorge said

16. The Following User Says Thank You to AngelD For This Useful Post:

1MoreTry  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @Angelid I'm married so will check with Dr N if we need to bring original etc... thanks phew

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Rhino hi yeah sorry i didnt mean to worry you, i just remember someone mentioning they had to sign stuff with dr.n./a notary. :-)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (15-08-2016)