Closed Thread
Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge don't panic! Email Dr Nikos and check what he wants you to do. By my (admittedly fuzzy) calculations, if your cycle goes back to normal then you'd be arriving at just the right time?? around day 13? It might pay to go on the pill for this month as a just in case - that way you'll know that the lining is nice and thin for the start of your de cycle, and the progynova can build it from there. Wazza had me do a day 2 check scan which set my mind at ease, and by day 14 when Dr N scanned me it had gone from 2mm to 8mm. Admittedly I don't have lining issues as a general rule. If you need microgynon let me know - I have leftovers which (hopefully) won't be needed . @Rhino, send Dr N a reminder email about the accommodation. He's always so busy that it may be that he's forgotten to give you the info. Take a look on Airbnb too - I saw some lovely apartments for very reasonable prices there. Definitely get yourself some travel insurance - you just never know - ours was done with our travel agent and was Covermore. You sound like you're on track with everything cycle wise, so remember to breathe, and if you have any worries or concerns contact Dr N.
    As for me ... got my beta results yesterday and hcg was 2930 14dp5dt, so really happy with that. Dating scan 2 weeks from today

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AngelD For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (10-08-2016),Rhino  (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    @SharonG and @Chanel78 I'm sorry you've got 'morning/afternoon/night sickness'!
    @gorgeousgeorge your vivid stories made me cringe!! It's one of my fears as well! I don't even know if my Mom had it (she can't recall anything about her pregnancies (time, day, length etc.. - strange!)....

I'm on my countdown - 5 weeks before we leave!! I had been worrying about my cycle doing something crazy but so far so good! (other than the 2 day massive migraine I've just had - hormones ). One more month on the Pill then starting proganova and then we're off....

Dr N said he'd organise accommodation for us but haven't heard back as yet... I'm easily stressed and have asked him to let me know (I need all ducks lined up!)...

A question... Any major things to think about in regards to travel insurance? We have to stay for 2 weeks as we may have issues up front so we want to ensure everything's covered that we may need... thanks!

I'm dreaming of holding a couple of little bubs around June next year!
    Rhino I highly recommend staying at the Athens Lotus Hotel. They have a hotel and apartments. I have stayed in both three times. Easy location to get around from and great hotel. Good prices and clean.

good luck.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

just a quick post to let you know my article is out in Good Health magazine now with Giaan Rooney on over.

ive tried to attach a picture of the cover but I can't work out how to on here. Hopeless at technology.

I hope you you are all doing well and I see lots of you are getting ready to head off. Enjoy it and relax if you are in the hands of Dr K.

Also anyone searching for accommodation check out the Athens Lotus Hotel and apartments. I have referred a few people and all have been happy. You can email Anna directly at the hotel and ask for best rate, then compare what she offers with Booking.com.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Positano1 cool, thanks for the reminder, im getting it today!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

May I first start by saying to the women heading over very soon, RELAX Dr Nikos will have it all sorted for you. Traveling to the other side of the world is scary the unknown but put your faith and trust into this man, I understand its hard when emotions and hormones are high.
    As you are aware I have been 3 times and I still trust this man 100% and will go back a 4th once I have some answers. Never ever would I do IVF in Australia again, after receiving the care we have in Greece and I know this goes for the other clinics there too.
    With you AF arriving early/late don't worry, my body through early AFs before our first trip and I was out of sync with donor. Dr Nikos wasn't worried at all, we had a few days at Santorini while my lining was thickening up and did a FET. If you are concern email him or skype he will reassure you.

Accommodation i'm a little confused as why Dr Nikos is seeking it for you, there is lots of hotels, apartments airbnb to choose from. The man is the most busiest FS I have ever come across then adding accommodation to the list?
    Our first trip we stayed at Lotus apartments like @Positano1 said great location you can walk to the square, restaurants, cooking facilities,great wifi (which I need as I work still while away) only time we took taxi was to Dr Nikos clinic.
    last 2 trips have stayed at President Hotel, as have only been there for a few nights, was perfect right next door to clinic. Wouldn't stay there for longer period personally as it is only a hotel room and I like my space.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kategc For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (10-08-2016),Rhino  (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kategc and everyone else, thanks for the reassurance xox [MENTION=142967]Rhino im a planning freak so I'll get organised soon and can send you a copy of my 'to do' list if that helps? Its just general stuff i do for going overseas :-)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AngelID and @gorgeousgeorge thanks for the info on travel insurance! Was never a question about getting it - just didn't know which to get (so many options!)... and yes please @gorgeousgeorge I'd love your list!! Thank you so much!!

@AngelID - great news and good luck with scan in 2 weeks! I did email Dr N about the accommodation - just waiting for a reply - but thanks I will also look at AirBNB and other options now too.

Thanks @Positano1 I'll look into the apartments I'll try to remember to get the magazine too way to go!

@kategc .... relax trying! I know - it was weird but Dr N just said - don't worry about accommodation I'll sort it out! I thought it was weird as well.

Good luck to all who are heading over Sept/Oct - praying we all come back with BFPs!!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (10-08-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AngelD great second beta !

15. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge @Rhino I leave 7 weeks on Saturday so not far behind you too! Dr N also told me he'd look for my accommodation?!?! I did think it was odd and thought how does he have the time. I am actually looking myself on Airbnb but nothing booked yet. He has decided to put me on the pill which is a relief as my cycles are short, about 23-25 days but tend to go haywire at the worst possible time on IVF cycles.

Sorry to the ladies suffering with bad sickness, I won't say morning as I hear it's all day!
    @AngelD congrats on the excellent beta!
    @Positano1 I read the article and it was really good, thanks for sharing. I think Dr N will be busier than ever after people read that and it will help so many women realise they have options. Well done you!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Monty73 For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (10-08-2016),Positano1  (10-08-2016),Rhino  (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I meant to ask, does anyone have Dr N's mobile number that they could pm me? He asked me to text him on day 1 which is imminent.... Thanks