Closed Thread
Page 24 of 68 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Phew..glad Dr N will be contactable in Aug - I'm sure I'll have a few questions before we head off in Sept! He must get so many emails etc.... but he really is great getting back to us!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (28-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

I have been very quiet on here of late.
    As some of you may remember, I had been to Embryoland twice, once in October ended in very early MS and again In January with no luck.
    End of June DH and I started our way back over to use our last 2 embryos from our second cycle we decided to make a holiday of it, spent 3 nights in Dubai highly recommend it just loved Dubai we then flew to Rome and got on a cruise went around Italy, Turkey and the Greek Islands was just stunning.
    Disembarked in Athens we were so excited to see our dear friend Kostas and receive is special warm welcome hugs, this man is not just a taxi driver to us but we call him a dear friend/family and stay in touch even when we come home. I know a lot of the ladies talk about using him, but please do, he is the most genuine beautiful man you will ever met who makes the journey that little bit more special. Plus he has 3 children and wife to feed.

We also got to spend time with @AussieAmerican and her DH was very special, our trip was truly magical, Athens has very much become a second home to us.

Was lovely to see Dr Nikos again and all the his wonderful staff, who work so hard for us to have our dream.
    Sadly our 3rd trip was unsuccessful which has left us and Dr Nikos shocked and devastated.

We have more research and tests ahead of us, and if we can come with an answer as to why my body rejects our perfect lil embryos then we will keep fighting.

I'm not asking for advice on the thread just wanted you all to know where we are at. But if you ladies have a similar issue please PM me.

Best of luck to all the new ladies making plans for your trip ahead, if you need any help with your plans feel free to contact me.
    Congrats to all the new mums and the others who have just got there BFP.

xx
    Last edited by kategc; 27-07-2016 at 15:43.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kategc For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (27-07-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (28-07-2016),kcraig  (30-07-2016),Rhino  (27-07-2016),SharonG  (28-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @kategc sorry I'm crashing your thread but I couldn't read and run. I've also had 2 bfn from 2 donor cycles and its gut wrenching. Have you been tested for immune issues? That would be my advice to have that checked before you go again. We are in the middle of having more tests too before I go back to Hawaii for my last transfer. I still have 8 embies there but financially we can't keep going back again and again. Anyway just a thought.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lastchance75 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (28-07-2016),kategc  (28-07-2016),Rhino  (27-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @kategc I pray you find the cause and that one day soon you get a BFP! I'm starting to look forward to meeting Kostas and Dr N face to face

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

kategc  (28-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kategc, spending time with you and your other half was such a highlight for us!!! ❤️ So thankful we've crossed paths

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AussieAmerican For This Useful Post:

kategc  (28-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kategc you have been in my thoughts a lot of late. I am truly disappointed and devastated for you and hubby. I do hope that additional testing can help clarify what is going on and that you get your much deserved own family. Take care. I am glad you got to go on your wonderful holiday and to see the lovely extended family in Greece with Dr Nikos and Kostas.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jaydee32 For This Useful Post:

kategc  (28-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @kategc hello lovely lady, we havent spoken personally before but i just wanted to say i have followed your journey and i feel for you. I appreciate you sharing your story on here. Sigh...seems impossible that one could be so unlucky after moving to DE ivf. Would have though you'd used up all your 'unluckyness' on OE cycles. Also thinking you must have spent a fortune :-(
    Im not sure if you are on other threads but i know of other ladies in your predicament (not that that really helps) but i guess, just trying to say you are not alone.
    As you said you were happy to talk, i was wondering if i could ask, does dr.nikos help you with knowing what tests might be useful? And had doing the DE ivf been any use as a diagnostic process, i.e. has it helped to show up any issues that may not have been apparent in OE ivf? And if its not too personal could i ask about if you have egg and sperm issues?
    Im not trying to pry and i hope i dont seem insensitive but i guess im doing that thing where you start working on a plan b (or c, d, e...) for worst case scenarios and getting prepared for what i might do if i find myself in the same situation.
    You sound very positive and strong about things so thank you for being a role model and offering to help others when you must be suffering yourself.
    I hope and wish for all good things for you and your partner xox

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

kategc  (28-07-2016),Rhino  (01-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @gorgeousgeorge I have sent you a pm

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kategc For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (29-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in Greece #4

Kategc. No words. That is all.

Actually yes. I'm crying for you both right now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, we are all good. Putting all energy into researching testing to find a solution. No point worrying about what hasn't happened, rather focus on what can happen xx

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kategc For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (30-07-2016),Juventina  (30-07-2016),Rhino  (01-08-2016)