Closed Thread
Page 22 of 68 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasna View Post
    Hey Girls...sounds like a few good news stories in here!!! I'm just going to post the wonderful taxi driver I used while in Athens. I met him outside the President hotel and he took me everywhere and I loved having him as my tour guide. Kostas is a true gentleman and really knows his way around Athens.

Attachment 82764

This is a picture of him, so you can recognize him.

Attachment 82765
    Yep. Thats the guy i needed. I told him all my friends say you're the best taxi driver in the world, lol. Thanks @Yasna, have taken your advice- off to embryoland i go!
    Last edited by gorgeousgeorge; 22-07-2016 at 16:12.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (25-07-2016),Yasna  (23-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasna View Post
    My update is that my boy is now 7 months old. He's a smiley happy and active baby, I couldn't be happier. Everyone says he looks like me, especially mum who says he has my nose and same head shape. Being a mother is the most beautiful experience, especially when I look into his smiling face and just melt, forgetting the nine other times I tried IVF, the pessaries, the clexane, the pills, the blood tests, the pregnancy tests, the stress !! ALL WORTH IT !!!

I've started to save for my next trip to Embryoland since I apparently have 2 more embryos on ice. I'd like to go next year around feb-april so it works in with my work as a teacher so I can work throughout my pregnancy ( that is 'if' i get pregnant) I'm a bit concerned I was only lucky this one time. If it doesnt work I will be very sad, since I'd like my son to have a sister or brother. Plus since i'm single and doing this alone, the financial part of it is rather difficult since I'm the only one making money. I have him in childcare and only see him for about 4 hours a day, its really depressing some days and I cherish every second I have with him. I pray to all the gods and goddesses that I am lucky enough to have the opportunity to have another baby. I can save the money, not go out, not spend on clothes and treats, but will it work? Only god knows and hopefully Dr Kanakas will try his best to make it work!!!! I can't wait to go back to Greece, eat the delicious food and this time perhaps go to Santorini or Mykonos.

I hope all you pregnant ladies are enjoying your pregnancies, my boy is getting bigger and I'm getting clucky and want another little munchkin in my life. I always wanted lots of children. I'm really praying that this time next year im pregnant happy and then I'll be complete. I miss being pregnant, feeling him moving inside me, eating everything I can get my hands on, and walking around feeling wonderful and blessed. It really is a beautiful experience carrying a baby. Hes nearly grown out of his capsule, its such a handy device, but soon I buy him a proper child car seat. Oh wow how time has flown. It feels like only yesterday I was jabbing myself with needles and shoving pessaries up my back door. The reason I shoved them there was because I worked during the day and I couldnt risk leakage and wasting precious progesterone. The aussie pessaries are very oily and leak easy, once again I advise you to buy as many Greek pessaries as possible because they are creamier and absorb better. Not as much leakage, the aussie ones made me feel like I got my period. Scary.

So many new girls in here giving it a go and so many of us still here lurking, once again, if you need to talk or ask about Embryoland and Dr Nikos, please feel free to contact me. I'm a proud mother who respects and admires Dr Nikos for giving me this opportunity. To have a family. I'm a bit emotional and nostalgic, I'd go to Greece now if I could afford it. I envy you girls who are there now, or going there soon, but I do wish you all the best of luck.

Ok, I'm off to go to bed early, my boy has been waking up at 3am lately, grizzly and teething I imagine. Either way, its been sleepless nights for me, but I don't care, since I would do anything for my child. Keep up the stories, I love having the odd read here and there.

Hi to all the girls I've spoken to before and remember to try the oregano chips while you are in Greece, so tasty !!!

Good luck and hopefully I will win the lottery and fly to Greece next month..haha
    @Yasna hi, i read all your posts and you helped inspire me to get off the own egg bandwagon, thank you so much! xox I remember i asked u once about costs of a frozen cycle and u weren't sure so i checked it out, i think its 'only' about $1000-$1500 plus your flight, so about $3000aud max. So you wont need to win the lotto, just a win on a scratchie will get you there! Keep saving and go give your frozen maybe-babies a chance, take care and again, thank you so much for posting and 'paying it forward'.
    Last edited by gorgeousgeorge; 22-07-2016 at 16:13.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (25-07-2016),Yasna  (23-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Natalie73 just email dr.n at embryoland and he will call you (he called me within 20 mins of sending my email on my mobile!) He will tell you the tests you need to do and answer all of your questions. But please check out other clinics and make your own choice. The better ones that ladies on here mention are embryoland, serum (but i didnt like them but other ladies did) and Iakentro (with a capital 'i') Choosing a clinic is hard, once thats done its incredibly easy, bizzarely easy compared to own egg ivf in australia. Im happy to share my research and explain my personal choices. xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wooohooooo, thank you so much lovelies for responding to my initial post. I emailed Dr N and he emailed me back instantly!!! So impressed. I'm about to respond to his email and then organise a phone call once my partner gets home from work. Let this journey begin, so excited for us all!!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Natalie73 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (23-07-2016),Rhino  (25-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please, please, please share..! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for responding!!!!!!!!!!! Donor IVF seems like such a big new world to navigate but you lovelies are making it much easier with these informative posts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting for you, baby dust and love coming your way!!! I've emailed Dr Kanakas and he responded immediatley. Blossom, how do I PM you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Natalie73 yep, i know what you mean, i just stumbled across donor ivf threads one day and was like omg! I have other options! It seemed a bit crazy but there were so many ladies doing it that i realised if they could do it, so could i :-)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (25-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies!
    I have been reading through the Greek threads over the past couple of months and am finally getting around to posting! I would like to thank everyone for their very useful and informative posts that enabled me to come to my decision. Following 2yrs of IVF as a single lady I decided to move on to egg donation in Greece. I contacted Dr N and got a response within 20 mins. He has found me a donor and I expect to be in Athens at the beginning of October. Very excited to be heading to Greece again, I have visited a number of the islands previously, but never Athens. Looking forward to that and hopefully heading to one of the islands.
    Good luck to everyone on their journey and congrats to all those who got their BFP's!!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Monty73 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (24-07-2016),Juventina  (24-07-2016),Rhino  (25-07-2016),SharonG  (24-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear this sad news. xxx