Closed Thread
Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Been diagnosed with gestational diabetes at 17 weeks. What a monumental pain in the bum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMM View Post
    Been diagnosed with gestational diabetes at 17 weeks. What a monumental pain in the bum.
    Oh that's no good Anna. Hope you're doing!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Juventina For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (15-07-2016),Rhino  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

life and pregnancy and new cows have taken over and I haven't been on for a while.

I'm joyfully 21 weeks and enjoying every minute. Baby never seems to sleep.

I have written an article for Good Health magazine's September edition which comes out in August on my egg donor journey and trips to Embryoland. A bit nervous about sharing this personal journey with the public but I wanted to help other women who are still fighting a losing battle with their own eggs.

For those who don't know I had three trips to Embryoland and was determined I would succeed.

I'm already dreaming of returning to have another one, which is scaring dear husband.

I hope my experience might help some of you.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (15-07-2016),brimrush  (19-07-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (16-07-2016),Jamellabeth  (30-07-2016),Juventina  (16-07-2016),lissimmo  (17-07-2016),Lucky8  (15-07-2016),Rhino  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AnnaMM sorry to hear that... like you need anything more to worry about after your journey to this pregnancy!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge - thanks I sent email to Dr N and he's set up a skype call for Sunday so hopefully after that we can plan our flights!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @AnnaMM that is a pain in the butt. If its any help, this can be quite common and managed. A lady i work with, who is the healthiest person i have ever met, and im talking doing triathlons, bike riding like 50km a day, doesnt each anything with more than 10% sugar, has no fat on her at all- she is just sinew and muscle, eats porridge with water and was horrified by the thought if ne having my porridge with milk, never drinks, never smoked etc, etc, etc got gestational diabetes with her first son, so dont beat yourself up about it. It can happen to anyone. Enjoy your water porridge and low GI diet :-( ;-) But seriously though, i hope everything goes well and the dr.s r looking after you. @Positano1 i think thats fantastic that you are sharing your story. I hope thry paid you a bazzilion dollars for your story. Ive genuinely thought about contacting one of tjose terrible sensationalised current affair shows to sell my story although i dont have anything to tell yet lol ($ for my story would help to offset bloody ivf costs!) I remember you from other threads about 2 years ago when i first started stalking. I know you must have written this all before but if you wouldnt mind and you have time could you refresh my memory. Im worried about what if i do 3 goes and no luck. Do people keep trying donor ivf like 4 or 5 times or more or do the FS tell you to give up after a certain go. What do people do if repeated DE doesnt work? Did you have a different problem each time? Why do you think it took 3 goes? So sorry about all the questions and please, no hard feelings if you dont want to write about it again here :-) I will definately buy the mag. So glad everything worked out ok in the end and that you're bubba is all good n snuggled in.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (15-07-2016),Rhino  (17-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AnnaMM

So sorry & hope it's not too tricky to manage for you xx

@Positano1 I will be looking for the September issue of the mag !
    Last edited by Lucky8; 15-07-2016 at 23:28.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (16-07-2016),Positano1  (16-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @gorgeousgeorge just to answer a couple of your questions, Ive seen ladies into their 8 try + more at d/e, many change clinics hoping a new clinic and a fresh approach work, some go on to have further testing, eg, mthfr, factorV Leiden, nk tests, uterine biopsies etc. Many find a combination of changing clinics with a new protocol is enough. Also there are clinics that will just keep on transferring without looking for a reason why it's not working, yes it is a numbers game but if after 3 tries it hasn't worked I would look into a new clinic if the clinic your going to isn't looking into why it's not working for you

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (16-07-2016),Lucky8  (16-07-2016),Rhino  (17-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @AnnaMM that is a pain in the butt. If its any help, this can be quite common and managed. A lady i work with, who is the healthiest person i have ever met, and im talking doing triathlons, bike riding like 50km a day, doesnt each anything with more than 10% sugar, has no fat on her at all- she is just sinew and muscle, eats porridge with water and was horrified by the thought if ne having my porridge with milk, never drinks, never smoked etc, etc, etc got gestational diabetes with her first son, so dont beat yourself up about it. It can happen to anyone. Enjoy your water porridge and low GI diet :-( ;-) But seriously though, i hope everything goes well and the dr.s r looking after you. @Positano1 i think thats fantastic that you are sharing your story. I hope thry paid you a bazzilion dollars for your story. Ive genuinely thought about contacting one of tjose terrible sensationalised current affair shows to sell my story although i dont have anything to tell yet lol ($ for my story would help to offset bloody ivf costs!) I remember you from other threads about 2 years ago when i first started stalking. I know you must have written this all before but if you wouldnt mind and you have time could you refresh my memory. Im worried about what if i do 3 goes and no luck. Do people keep trying donor ivf like 4 or 5 times or more or do the FS tell you to give up after a certain go. What do people do if repeated DE doesnt work? Did you have a different problem each time? Why do you think it took 3 goes? So sorry about all the questions and please, no hard feelings if you dont want to write about it again here :-) I will definately buy the mag. So glad everything worked out ok in the end and that you're bubba is all good n snuggled in.
    Hi Gorgeousgeorge,

I'm a journalist so writing my story was pretty natural.

I am 43 and the only problem was my age. I was fortunate to have a director of Monash IVF as my FS here. I used him 10 years ago for my son (unexplained infertility - I put it down to more time needed and incompatible husband )
    Anyway he has supported me through my journey and concurred with everything Dr K has done. Neither doctor ever recommended invasive procedures or drugs. A endo scratch was mentioned by both but both agreed there is little evidence to suggest it has any effect on a woman who has already had a child.

So I was just unlucky. The first time I think my own hormones took over and I got my period straight after transfer so the timing was just wrong. The second cycle we did a natural cycle with no drugs. My ovulation was monitored here and as soon as it was detected I was on a plane and having a day 5 transfer. The third time my cycle was suppressed with Synarel and I think this was what finally might have got me there.

I hope this helps.

Enjoy Greece. It is a special place and full of magic. I recommend the Lotus Hotel. I have stayed there for all my trips.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (16-07-2016),Rhino  (17-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMM View Post
    That is a pain. I don't know anything about it. I had no problem with my first son. I go for my sugar test in about a month so I think that is the routine for diabetes.

I hope things improve for you. Pregnancy is an interesting journey. I love the all changes it brings.

I hope you are enjoying feeling your little one growing inside you. We are very lucky.
    Last edited by Positano1; 16-07-2016 at 09:40. Reason: emoticons not work

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Positano1 For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (16-07-2016)