Closed Thread
Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky8 View Post
    @gorgeousgeorge

The little train is called the happy train . It's on our to do list for tomorrow morning ! It's had mixed reviews in trip advisor - I think most people go for the hop on hop off bus but I'm giving the happy train a go !

We also are going to the benakki museum as I can't keep still & need an outlet !!
    The food - we found a place where locals eat around corner of our hotel in Plaka . Inexpensive , no fanfare , just decent inexpensive food . Will dig up the name of interested .

3 ordinary back up blastos which embryologist who is a a high achieving young lady was not 100percent happy with but good enough for me - but the 2 transferred were 4aa's . 1 good enough to freeze only . We have severe male sperm issues at play so we were happy with results .

going to get a blood test to check progesterone & oestrogen levels again this morning in case my dosage needs to change . Never had this done back at home . Feel the attention is greater than my Monash Ivf transfers - just saying !

I don't want to leave Greece as it means cold weather & back to work ... Yuck ....
    so true about monash lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lissimmo For This Useful Post:

Lucky8  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A question if that's ok...

Dr N wants us in Athens on Day 12 or 13 or my cycle. I've started the Pill (not used it for 20 years so can't recall) as my cycles are not easy to plan around (regularly irregular so 2nd packet will end 2nd Sept.)...

My question is - on the Pill (if anyone knows) do you start your period on the first day of stopping the Pill (I haven't had a cycle yet to see what happens on those 7 red pills (sugar tablets) yet)? I can't book flights if I don't know... And staying an extra week (few days either side) costs quite a bit!

I'm just trying to get an idea. Thanks for your help (am a bit embarrassed about asking to be honest as this feels like a silly question)...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Rhino Hi :-) whenever i stop the pill i usually get a bleed 1 or 2 days afterwards. Its never taken more than that for me but i guess thats still not all that reassuring? Hopefully everyone else will pop in and if they all say the same thing that might be more reassuring. I have confidence that dr.n knows what he is doing but you will feel better after you speak to him xox dont feel silly asking anything- bubhub is my google now.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

lissimmo  (17-07-2016),Rhino  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rhino

I haven't been on the pill much myself as well - no need when dr's say the swimmers are too slow !! I only recently had to get back onto it for this cycle .

The instructions I received by both FS in Melbourne & Greece is that withdrawal bkeeding will start a few days after taking the sugar pill .

Hope this helps .

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @gorgeousgeorge and lucky8 it's the 1,2 or few days that concern me .... I have to book our flights to get there by Day 12 or 13. How someone figures that out is beyond me We may have to just stay longer in Athens... but that means up to 4 days earlier than he wants us and still having to stay to the end Sept - that's a lot of time/$ for accommodation/food etc! I think I'm starting to sweat the small things again... so much for positive thinking....

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rhino For This Useful Post:

lissimmo  (17-07-2016),Lucky8  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rhino mine takes 3-5 days to appear after stopping the pill.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rhino, not much help but have you asked dr.n to find you a cheap apartment to stay in, he says 30-40euro per night. Just thought if you didnt know he can organise that for you and were planning staying in a hotel, the apartment option will at least halve the cost of accomodation. But maybe they still count the first sugar pill day as day 1, even if you dont actually bleed on that day. Ive always read that its not a real 'period' when you r on the pill and take the sugar pills. So maybe check with dr.n, maybe if doesnt matter if you dont actually bleed on the sugar pill- day 1, i.e. you still count it as day 1?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol, now im freaking out too. Im not on the pill because dr.n said if im regular we just organise the transfer around my period dates. But what if i ovulate naturally before the transfer? Does that matter? Does the progynova just keep your lining from deteriorating. What if i crazy magically got preggers with my own egg at the same time they put in the donor embryo? Can that actualky happen? Are we supposed to abstain after my last period before i go over there???????????? Sigh...at least ive got time to worry about all that for a while yet. I'll ask dr.n all that next time i speak to him. I know what you mean about sweating stuff mate! Ive never heard of anyone coming back from embryoland saying they stuffed up their cycle/ transfers dates though, so that is reassuring.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @gorgeousgeorge - no I hadn't aksed Dr N about accomodation - I'll add tha to my list! I have all those same other questions you mentioned too - as does DH!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rhino yeah dr.n can find you a nice place near the clinic and athens has a great metro system so you can get anywhere easily and cheaply. The apartments from what ive read from other ladies on here who have stayed are lovely, clean, modern, cooking and washing facilities, balcony, wifi, etc... so that will be way cheaper than a hotel, so thats something. Im planning on going to the food markets too so we can eat cheap breakfast and lunches and only buy dinners at restaurants. My guess, and i stress GUESS, is that the progynova might just sustain your lining even if you do ovulate, so your body wont start to break it down after ovulation if there is no natural implantation of your own egg. I.e. the progynova might just tell your body to keep the lining going and yeah, thinking day 1 will be day 1 of the sugar pills even if you dont bleed. But not sure. If i find out before you, I'll def let u know. Im trying to just trust in dr.n and believe that he knows what he is doing, sometimes it feels nice to just be able to let it all go. I worry mostly about my donor having a disaster cycle, but try to remind myself he always has 2 donors for you, so at least ive got a back up, never had that with OE cycles obviously and of course worrying that it wont work and how that will affect me mentally and not getting any frosties. Im planning on making a 'second go' budget soon to see if and when i would be able to afford a second full cycle so that if i get a bfn, I'll know when i can try again even if that means waiting 12 months or more. Im not sure how old you are lovely? Im 36 so, although i desperately want a baby asap, im thinking realistically ive got 3-4 years to scrape together every spare cent i earn, which will suck BUT ive still got time and an income to rely on for my plan d, e, f,g... z :-) Plan z is 3 failed full donor cycles. I refuse to think about failing a DE cycle more than 3 times because there will be no more letters left in the alphabet after that.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (15-07-2016)