Closed Thread
Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hello there, don't worry i have already done all those things you have suggested, tested card and made a small withdrawal, going to bring 2 diff cards etc i do not trust citibank, just have this bad feeling my card will get sucked into the machine when i am over there lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @lissimmo oh and dont forget to inform any banks you are planning to use that you are going overseas to greece and the dates you will be there. If you dont do that, they may think the foreign transactions are suspicious and freeze your account as a precaution. :-)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lissimmo me lol too :-) i get it. Honestly, im telking you not to worry but thats not hrlpful. Doesn't help me when others say 'dont worry'. I still do. I take like 3 eftpos cards and 2 credit cards to be honest. It is also my nightmare that i end up stranded in a foreign country with no access to cash. But its never hapoened. If you are prepared, you will be fine. Lol, if your nightmare comes true, msge us on bubhub and I'll lend you twenty bucks wire transferred emergency money lol! Im sure your card wont be eaten but if it does you'll have a spare one and surely both of them wont be swallowed! The last time an atm swallowed my xard was like 10 years ago because i was drynk and shoved it in there backwards even though the machine was trying to spit it out and save me from my drunken self. So other advice is: use the atm when you are sober and dont forcefully shove your card in backwards. :-)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Those typos make me sound like im drunk now. Im not. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @lissimmo oh and dont forget to inform any banks you are planning to use that you are going overseas to greece and the dates you will be there. If you dont do that, they may think the foreign transactions are suspicious and freeze your account as a precaution. :-)
    lol don't worry ive done all that too im pretty organised, ive also rang about getting roaming on my phone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lucky8 i missed your post about your transfer. Yay, that sounds like you got a good cycle/eggs/blasties. Thats such a relief. I worry about my donor having a disaster cycle. So 2/5 transferred? Meaning you had 5x day 5 blastocytes and you transferred 2, do there are 3 embies left to freeze? Do you know whether the others have made it to freeze yet? Oooh, im so excited for you. Gosh i so hope everything works out. Was it you talking about the train? I love that little thing. I havent been to athens since 2008 so im glad its still there. Im going on it for sure! How good is the food hey?!! Im glad youve enjoyed your trip and have had good cycle so far xox

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Lucky8  (14-07-2016),Rhino  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Juventina How are you going lovely lady? You have been in my thoughts very much lately and I wanted to write to you too. Im thinking that if i was you, it would be hard to be hearing about everyone else being excited about their trips when you are grieving. I also think i would be really sad and ****ed about not being successful with a donor cycle. I feel like now that ive sacrificed using my own eggs, i should be entitled to success, iykwim? Its like FFS universe! I made a hard decision already, so why cant you give me a break! I felt like finding out about donor ivf was my saviour and the thought that the option i thought was going to save me, might not work either, is pretty terrifying. To be honest, i dont truly believe yet that it wont. Even though i know thats unrealistic. I dont think I'll believe it might not work until after i get a negative outcome. Ive been thinking today about how i felt about first doing ivf. I was so excited coz i truly believed science would give me a take home baby. I knew it might take 2-3 cycles, i hoped not but i truly thought everyone got a baby after about 3 ivf cycles. I now know that isnt true. Ive been thinking that even though i learnt this lesson, ive kinda approached my new idea of donor ivf, in exactly the same way. I got all excited and even though i hoped not, i told myself it might take 3 cycles if i was very unlucky. Im thinking i need to work on adjusting my way of thinking because in a way, im making the same mistakes as i did with own egg ivf. So im thinking, you know what? If a normal healthy fertile young woman does ivf, (like your donor) it is reasonable to assume it could take 3 full cycles, she could have one full on disaster cycle just by chance, she would only prob get 2-3 good blasties each cycle, she could get preggers and miscarry for reasons totally unrelated to the ivf aspect of the conception, etc.. So im thinking instead of expecting donor ivf to be a magical definite solution, i should be expecting it to just be like restarting 'normal' ivf. It could take 3 cycles. Hopefully it wont but it might. I should remember there are no magical sciency guarantees. Ive not considered at all what might happen to me if i did 3 full stim cycles of donor ivf because i dont believe it will happen to me and its to scary to think about. There are ladies on other donor bubhub threads that are doing their 3rd and 4th donor cycles and my heart goes out to them. It must be just as hard to hear aboutvthe first time lucky-donor ivfer's as it was for me to read about the first time lucky-own egg ivfer's when i was doing my 4th failed own egg cycle/5th and 6th embryo transfers.
    Juventina, i am so so happy though that you are in a position finacially, emotionally, physically etc.. to be able to be orgsnising your second try. Im really glad you want to go again and that you can go again. xox
    I hope that my post is not upsetting, morbid and raining on our communities parade. Whatever we do, im glad to be doing it together with all of you, take care bubhubers and sorry for all the crazy long posts!

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (17-07-2016),AnnaMM  (14-07-2016),Juventina  (14-07-2016),Lucky8  (14-07-2016),Rhino  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge

The little train is called the happy train . It's on our to do list for tomorrow morning ! It's had mixed reviews in trip advisor - I think most people go for the hop on hop off bus but I'm giving the happy train a go !

We also are going to the benakki museum as I can't keep still & need an outlet !!
    The food - we found a place where locals eat around corner of our hotel in Plaka . Inexpensive , no fanfare , just decent inexpensive food . Will dig up the name of interested .

3 ordinary back up blastos which embryologist who is a a high achieving young lady was not 100percent happy with but good enough for me - but the 2 transferred were 4aa's . 1 good enough to freeze only . We have severe male sperm issues at play so we were happy with results .

going to get a blood test to check progesterone & oestrogen levels again this morning in case my dosage needs to change . Never had this done back at home . Feel the attention is greater than my Monash Ivf transfers - just saying !

I don't want to leave Greece as it means cold weather & back to work ... Yuck ....
    Last edited by Lucky8; 14-07-2016 at 18:17.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

Juventina  (14-07-2016),Rhino  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge Thanks so much for your lovely post. I think rather than us constantly replying to posts about issues like how to use an ATM machine it is more than appreciated that some members including yourself haven't forgotten the reason why we joined this particular thread....and that is to get support about our journey; of which many of us have been having a very hard time lately.

I am doing ok...I get sad at times and certainly have my off hours! however now that we've spoken to Dr N again and there is a set plan in place (and my flights are booked) that at least we have something to work towards now and not just that feeling of emptiness and nothing.

It is frustrating at times to read of people's success especially at their first attempt, but just as upsetting seeing people in my life 15 years younger than me have their family when they're in no way ready emotionally and financially to cope.

I am incredibly lucky that financially and work wise I can pretty much take off when I need to, so I timed it for my least busiest time at the company I own.

Again, thanks so much for your beautiful words...you are truly "gorgeous".

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Juventina For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (14-07-2016),Rhino  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Juventina

Hiya , Just wanted to say I have been thinking of you & what to write . I have a dear friend who has 3 children & never had an issue herself with fertility but shown great compassion empathy & support .Her advise was we (like me & her reaching the goal ) need to look at this scientifically - it's a numbers game . She has a highly analytical mind so no surprise ! These words helped me immensely to pick myself off the ground & start again .
    We used to work together so it's like we work together on this baby project now

I've heard that the fact the body can implant is a great achievement in itself , so your half way there .
    Rest up , pamper yourself - don't take your eye off the prize !

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lucky8 For This Useful Post:

AngelD  (17-07-2016),Juventina  (14-07-2016),Rhino  (15-07-2016)