+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DSD and DSS share a room... DSS is always waking DSD up and we now have consequences for that.

DSS wants to share with DD when she is older but I have been firm with no until he stops waking DSD, as I need to be able to trust him.

When we moved here we picked a 4 bed house so the kids could all have their own room, but DSD and DSS refused so are sharing and now the other room is full so can never be used as a bedroom.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Does anyone have any bedroom sharing tips? We've just loved dd (6) and ds (2.5) into the same room so we can have a play room for the kids (3 bedroom house). Last night was a nightmare my dd is on melatonin as she never seems to fall asleep on her own and it's not going so well lately. Neither of them wanted to sleep last night and were up until 11.45 but they are so keen to be in the same room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could you put DS to bed first? That way he's asleep before DD goes to bed, hopefully he won't wake if your DD doesn't go to sleep straight away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be making the rule that if they muck around, they have to go to separate rooms for a night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are trying to put him to bed first tonight it's now 9pm and he's refusing to go to sleep. I think i may have to kiss my toy room dreams goodbye, this was a terrible idea, I can't be sitting with the kids half the night to get them to sleep, too many jobs to do before work the next day. I really don't want to move house haha but maybe we should I cant stand the loungeroom full of toys anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are in a 3 bedroom house now and the boys have their own rooms (4.5y and 2.5y) but we will be moving to a 4 bedroom house next month and they will be sharing a bedroom. Go figure lol

They actually love sleeping together. Whenever we travel or stay out of town they share a room and it doesn't affect their sleep at all. It does take a little longer to get them to sleep though, because they mess around a bit.

One night I went in to check on them and they were both lying in DS1's bed reading a book together. They were very scared to be caught out! Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thought I'd update, it's been a while now and they have settled in well to the same room, don't wake each other up too often and we are loving the toy room

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PipersMummy For This Useful Post:

mrsboyts  (31-07-2016),Ruby_Tuesday15  (31-07-2016),witherwings  (28-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My boys are 5 and 2 and we're all still "co-sleeping"

You can read this for inspiration, though. Hope it helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have 3 share a room. Again there is room in the house for this not to happen but they like it this way.

There are three single beds and a large area to play. It is larger than most double bedrooms.

Kids love it and wouldnt jave it any other way. Yes there are times they try to keep each other up. They are 4, 6 & 7

They have bedroom time which is about an hour before lights out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    We have 3 share a room. Again there is room in the house for this not to happen but they like it this way.

There are three single beds and a large area to play. It is larger than most double bedrooms.

Kids love it and wouldnt jave it any other way. Yes there are times they try to keep each other up. They are 4, 6 & 7

They have bedroom time which is about an hour before lights out.
    This is what we are hoping for! Hopefully we will be as successful I like the sound of bedroom time before lights out!