+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Siblings sharing a room or not?

Opinions wanted!
    Fingers crossed it seems that our nightly game of musical beds is coming to an end... DD is consistently sleeping through the night and DS wakes still but only once a night and I'm successfully returning him to his bed yay!
    So here is the conundrum, DD had been sleeping in a guest fold out bed in DS's room, they love sleeping in the same room.
    I'm thinking should I try to push them sleeping in separate bedrooms (so she can sleep in her proper bed!) or do I move the 'proper' bed and make up one of the rooms nicely for the both of them?
    If they sleep in the same room id only be moving the beds, clothes would be separate and it does make for faster bed time ...
    I'm just not sure I want to take the plunge... The hard decisions of parenting lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm interested!

We've tried a couple of times as DS is super keen to share with his sister but it never worked out. They're 3 & 1

Thanks
    Reviews
    It works great for us, he wakes less when she's in his room so that's why she's been there for most of the year, I even found them in bed together a couple of times ... Spooning lol
    Mine are 4 and 2.1/2
    DD doesn't seem to wake up when he cries she might shuffle or muter something but she doesn't seem bothered by it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ciaomamma For This Useful Post:

ExcuseMyFrench  (27-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My girls have shared a room since they were 8months and 21 months. They love it and sleep so well together. There's been a few hiccups but for the most part it's the best thing ever

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm about to take on this aswell but with a 9yr age diff. DS 9 wants to share with new baby when they move into room once out of our room. Will be with us for a couple months in bassinet then I'll move them together. We have the room as our house is 5 bedrooms.

With your situation could the kids have bunk beds at all or as you suggested have their clothes in a seperate room and let them share for a while just to see how long it will last

Thanks
    Reviews
    For ages we had a sleeping room and a play room. It worked great. I have no problems with kids sharing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it works good for them and they sleep better, I'd set up the room so they can share. 2 of my daughters share, it works well for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My older 2 share a room and it works fine. We do it out of necessity as my oldest doesn't cope well by himself at night time (nightmares; he still often sleeps with me but less now that he shares with his sister). They are 7 and 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids don't sleep no matter where they are (2 have medical reasons and 2 are just cheeky) but I have all four in one room. Their choice. Once they are asleep, no one wakes anyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    If they're both happy I would leave as is.