+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeh I have a 7 seater so fitting someone would be no hassle but it's just finding someone to come. I have an appointment the same day hubby comes home but because he won't be here in time, I was doing that one alone too but I managed to get a friend to come with me. But she lives 3 hours away, and same distance as I am from town, so that's a 7 hour each way trip. She is also working those other days.
    Everyone here in town is either working, looking after their own kids or going to be away as its the first day of school holidays and the last Friday at the end of school holidays.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Babysitting by a local high school student? Ask at local day cares if there's someone who does babysitting and isn't rostered on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby_Tuesday15 View Post
    Babysitting by a local high school student? Ask at local day cares if there's someone who does babysitting and isn't rostered on?
    There's no local day cares to me. Only a preschool. And same issue with the highschool student with the amount of time. I will be leaving at 7am and might not be home til 8 or 9 at night which is a lot for a teenager to take on. It's a lot of time for something to go wrong

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Once-off care

Look for Babysitter who isn't a high school student. When I was looking, a lot of Stay at home moms want to do it for cash. I used one full time for a week. More expensive but I see that $ isn't a problem for you. Look at family daycare, they might have spots for the day but having 3 kids might be difficult. They can only care for 8 kids at once.it depends on the family daycare policy).

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Could there be any uni students around you? For most it will be between semesters so they might be looking for extra cash - bonus would be someone studying an education or health care related course.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    Could there be any uni students around you? For most it will be between semesters so they might be looking for extra cash - bonus would be someone studying an education or health care related course.
    It's have to be in town as there are no units here so not sure how I would find out/contact them

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    It's have to be in town as there are no units here so not sure how I would find out/contact them
    Maybe a website like findababysitter?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Do you need to be in the therapy appointment with your 4 year old? My 4 year old stays in the room on his own - I understand things may be different for your little man however if you are not needed in the room you could look after your other 3 kids close by..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Do you need to be in the therapy appointment with your 4 year old? My 4 year old stays in the room on his own - I understand things may be different for your little man however if you are not needed in the room you could look after your other 3 kids close by..
    The therapist is quite interactive with me. Because we only see her fortnightly, she likes to make sure we are involved in what she is doing so we can continue it at home. I also don't know how my son would cope in there on his own. He can't speak well enough to tell her anything, answer questions etc. it's quite intensive and she is quite full on (in a good way) and he needs help sometimes

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (27-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you considered borrowing some ipads or if you have them downloading some cool games to keep your older ones entertained for the time while theropy is going on?