+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SammieP View Post
    Hi ladies I am 35 and DH and I have been trying for 6 months to conceive our first. I have been told I have a cyst on my right ovary and the FS seems to think I have endometriosis and am having the cyst removed in October.
    We have been so stressed about about TTC that we have opted for IVF this month
    Wow that's a big step, thanks for sharing. I sometimes forget that we have IVF as an option if it doesn't happen naturally. I always think of IVF as something for people with physical fertility issues, silly I know. I'll be keeping a few thousand aside from the sale of our house just in case!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    Hi girls can I join in ?
    We're both 37 (well I will be in 2 months) and have an almost 2 year old.
    We conceived first time around really easily. The first month we actually DTD during the right week of the month and bam! Knocked up! Easy smooth sailing first pregnancy. 3 hour labour.
    Since then though, I'm a couple of years older, and have put on 20kg. I was already overweight to begin with. Not sure what impact that will have on TTC. Some research says no impact, others say it will.
    I hope it works out similarly second time around. At 37, I'm conscious of time ticking. Ugh!
    Same here, DS was a happy accident so I never expected to have any trouble this time. But like you said I'm a couple years older and worse for wear now! Hate that ticking clock!

Thanks
    Reviews
    BFN at 10dpo this morning. Don't really have any symptoms so I'm not hopeful. Booked in to see a naturopath tomorrow afternoon to get some support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi can i please join. Im 37 ttc no.2. Have a 3yr old dd and had 8 losses. tests have come back normal. I do have mthfr c1677t and protein s deficiency but docs arent concerned about them. I take asprin for them and dud my own research and realised i need other medication for mthfr so i see a naturopath for that. Af arrived today, 1 day late. Hoping to see some bfp's in july ☺

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilbub4us For This Useful Post:

rhee1980  (28-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd love to join in too. I'm 38 and have been ttc #2 since august last year. My DS is 2 1/2 and before having him I always wanted a 3-4 year gap between kids. Now I just want one now! Lol. We conceived 3rd cycle when trying for him but it was a blighted ovum. It took another 9 months to fall pregnant with DS so I kind of expected this to take a while. When I did get pregnant it was 3 months into a health kick of eating well and going to the gym. So when af arrived last cycle I decided to start the health kick again and will give it 3 months before I head off to the Dr about it all. Down 2kg already so I'm crossing everything this works. Currently 6dpo...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NicT For This Useful Post:

rhee1980  (28-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    Hi girls can I join in ?
    We're both 37 (well I will be in 2 months) and have an almost 2 year old.
    We conceived first time around really easily. The first month we actually DTD during the right week of the month and bam! Knocked up! Easy smooth sailing first pregnancy. 3 hour labour.
    Since then though, I'm a couple of years older, and have put on 20kg. I was already overweight to begin with. Not sure what impact that will have on TTC. Some research says no impact, others say it will.
    I hope it works out similarly second time around. At 37, I'm conscious of time ticking. Ugh!

May I just say that yes I have heard that being overweight can affect your chances of conceiving but when I fell pregnant with DD3 last year, I was the biggest I had ever been at 103kg. I got insulin dependent gestational diabetes but that was the biggest drama. Had a pretty good pregnancy and a healthy baby. I fell pregnant at 38, now I am 39. Admittedly DD3 was an accident, a very happy accident, but don't stress yet!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marchbundle For This Useful Post:

MUG81  (30-06-2016),TheGooch  (18-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Saw the naturopath on Wednesday. She was very confident in being able to help us conceive, called me a 'baby' at 36 haha!
    She gave me Vitex to help with ovulation and a mixture of shatavari, peony and licorice to help with building a healthy welcoming lining for implantation.
    Going to start taking tomorrow morning now I'm sure I'm not pregnant (13dpo BFN and very low dry cervix). Fingers crossed!
    Oh and she also said I need to drink waaaay more water, something I think most of us are pretty bad at

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rhee1980 For This Useful Post:

MUG81  (02-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rhee1980 View Post
    Saw the naturopath on Wednesday. She was very confident in being able to help us conceive, called me a 'baby' at 36 haha!
    She gave me Vitex to help with ovulation and a mixture of shatavari, peony and licorice to help with building a healthy welcoming lining for implantation.
    Going to start taking tomorrow morning now I'm sure I'm not pregnant (13dpo BFN and very low dry cervix). Fingers crossed!
    Oh and she also said I need to drink waaaay more water, something I think most of us are pretty bad at
    Good to hear the naturopath is confident in helping you. Hopefully you'll have that positive test soon!
    So nice to see that there are other older Mums trying for more babies.
    I am getting more and more frustrated as the days go by. I am a dig from my DD last year and all these younger women are pregnant without trying and then telling us who are ttc 'oh it will happen when the time is right'!!! It's getting harder to not tell them to keep it to themselves!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @rhee1980 i love my naturopath. i believe she helped us with our one and only successful pregnancy. I'm hoping for just one more. Its hard watching my mothers group all have 2 or more kiddies in the last 3 years and ive had 5 losses in that time

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilbub4us For This Useful Post:

rhee1980  (01-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lilbub4us....I am sorry for your losses. I've had one miscarriage and it was early but I still felt like I'd failed that baby, though I know rationally it was nothing I did. How old is your child? I hope you get your sticky bub soon.