+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisau77 View Post
    This is unconventional but used by a lot of colleagues, frontline or advantix ( yes dog stuff) a few drops on head does the trick for quite a while.... There's so much further advanced products in the animal field for parasites than in human, the technology being used on nits is early 1980s or earlier....
    Oh wow! Is it safe ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosey01 View Post
    Oh wow! Is it safe ?
    I don't know if it is safe however I know a few doctors that actually do this on their kids! They said to only put the littlest drop on it not whole pack.
    I couldn't do it though

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to get them badly in highschool of all places, I could be infested for 6 months at a time and the only thing that worked for me was dousing my hair in vinegar, leaving it over night under a shower cap, then washing out and daily hair combing in the shower until they went away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    AHHHHHH lice. PIA they are.
    DD had them constantly for about 6 months. Ive used pretty much everything on the market hahah. Started with MOOV...didn't work, them used two bottle of KP 24...didn't work. The last one I tried was neutralice...finally worked. It was the best one. worked in one go, easy to comb as its a conditioner type one.

Since then I spray teatree/water mix every day onto her haor to keep them away. So far, no more lice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow! Is it safe ?
    It's done heaps, I get that amount on me reg when doing dog treatments anyway. Humans metabolise pyrethrins very well and imadicloprid has a zero withholding on our food as a pesticide. I will do in my ds when needed. My parents shampooed me in flea shampoo back in the day and it worked well, by I'm 37yo not sure about resistance issues these days with those drugs ( flea shampoo is old fashioned) but they're still more advanced than the human stuff and I was at Childcare in the early 80s. Don't get the top spots in ur mouth it makes ur lips tingle badly though!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisau77 For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (28-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As per instructions, I don't get a drop of frontline/advantage/etc on when applying. I also won't let the kids pat our dog after treatment (until after dog's next bath)and when pregnant would make DH apply it.

A quick google shows info like this. I couldn't link the WA one on my phone as its a PDF but it states that it is actually against the law to use these products on humans.

http://www.poisons.co.nz/fact.php?f=5

Please, random strangers on internet, don't put this stuff on your kids!

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (29-06-2016),BH-KatiesMum  (29-06-2016),gingermillie  (28-06-2016),LittleBug'sMum  (29-06-2016),LoveLivesHere  (28-06-2016),Mod-biscotti  (29-06-2016),mrswhitehouse  (28-06-2016),smallpotatoes  (29-06-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (29-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    As per instructions, I don't get a drop of frontline/advantage/etc on when applying. I also won't let the kids pat our dog after treatment (until after dog's next bath)and when pregnant would make DH apply it.

A quick google shows info like this. I couldn't link the WA one on my phone as its a PDF but it states that it is actually against the law to use these products on humans.

http://www.poisons.co.nz/fact.php?f=5

Please, random strangers on internet, don't put this stuff on your kids!
    Yes can I echo this. Please don't use systemic animal pesticides on children. They are labelled not for human use for a reason

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (29-06-2016),LittleBug'sMum  (29-06-2016),Mod-biscotti  (29-06-2016)

Mod-biscotti is online now Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Oh wow! Is it safe ?
    No, it is not safe and it is an offence to use these products on humans, for good reason!
    Without realising the risks, parents are self-medicating their children with dangerous insecticides. The active ingredient of concern found in animal flea treatment products is called Fipronil.

“Fipronil is a phenylpyrazole insecticide and acts to block the normal functioning of the central nervous system in insects and also mammals.” (WA Department of Health, 2008)

According to the Beyond Pesticides website, symptoms of exposure/poisoning from Fipronil can include headaches, nausea, dizziness, weakness, irritations, lethargy and convulsions. In short-term studies adverse side effects occurred in the central nervous system in all test species.
    And here >> http://www.public.health.wa.gov.au/c...il%20FINAL.pdf
    Last edited by Mod-biscotti; 29-06-2016 at 06:17.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (29-06-2016),BH-KatiesMum  (29-06-2016),Blessedwith3boys  (29-06-2016),Bond Girl  (29-06-2016),LittleBug'sMum  (29-06-2016),Mod-Uniquey  (29-06-2016),Stretched  (29-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lisau77 View Post
    it's done heaps, i get that amount on me reg when doing dog treatments anyway. Humans metabolise pyrethrins very well and imadicloprid has a zero withholding on our food as a pesticide. I will do in my ds when needed. My parents shampooed me in flea shampoo back in the day and it worked well, by i'm 37yo not sure about resistance issues these days with those drugs ( flea shampoo is old fashioned) but they're still more advanced than the human stuff and i was at childcare in the early 80s. Don't get the top spots in ur mouth it makes ur lips tingle badly though!
    omg

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (29-06-2016),~Marigold~  (29-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    WTF. Why would you even take the risk putting frontline on your kids?
    There are products meant for humans that kill lice well and if you repeat after a week the babies are also dead and life cycle ended.
    Absolutely no need to use a product meant for animals