+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    you're an inspiration to me! I think I might try and introduce a bi-weekly sweep. just the downstairs/main run through too. maybe build to a weekly vacuum.

I hate our vacuum so I blame that as part of the problem. it lives upstairs (no storage downstairs) and it's so heavy and awkward to lug down the stairs and use. sigh.

once I am back at work I've told dh we're getting a cleaner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Washing is an endless battle here too. 5 people - 2 older kids in school uniform, DH with 2 different uniforms, a toddler and me having a thing about not liking to reuse towels more than once means a sh*tload of washing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a vacuum cleaner and a stick vac. The vacuum cleaner I use 2 times a week. The stick vac 3-4 times a day. Often I give it to one of the boys to "play" with. Kills two birds with one stone.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (26-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a cleaner come once a fortnight. She spends three hours here and makes my house look amazing! It means I don't dust and only have to do the bathroom every second week. It's daily maintenance, washing and the floors. A cleaner when I returned to work was a non negotiable for me. DH was in full agreeance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow you're all making me feel super inadequate. Now, I don't have children, so it's just DH and I, but OP we are much like you. Our "tip" status means I can't remember the last time things were cleaned, and dirty dishes need to be pulled out of the dishwasher to be hand washed to use.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

amyd  (28-06-2016),TheGooch  (26-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    Wow you're all making me feel super inadequate. Now, I don't have children, so it's just DH and I, but OP we are much like you. Our "tip" status means I can't remember the last time things were cleaned, and dirty dishes need to be pulled out of the dishwasher to be hand washed to use.
    Phew! I was starting to think I was the only one! This is me too.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

amyd  (28-06-2016),TheGooch  (26-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    I just had to post haha. I knew there were more like me out there but thought maybe they were too scared to speak up haha.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (26-06-2016),Stretched  (27-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Here I'll go through the bathroom twice a week, vacuum every 2 days (light carpet), dishes daily or put in the dishwasher, load of washing everyday but that will change in 2wks when No2 comes along. Currently there is a folded load that needs to go away, sheets are every 2 wks, floorboards weekly. My DS has a chore chart for each day of the week so he has responsibilities that he has to do daily, he makes his own bed, puts his laundry away, takes out trash, helps sort the washing, clears table after dinner, feeds the dog. If he does his chores he gets pocket money if he doesn't well bad luck he won't get it. Maybe your DS can have a chart (not sure on their age sorry) and make them stick to it. I'm on leave now for a year so I've been going through each room one by one to sort them out. I've also made a list for indoors as outdoors for my partner for things he needs/has to before bubs comes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just had to post haha. I knew there were more like me out there but thought maybe they were too scared to speak up haha.
    Someone's got to fly the flag for the truly messy folk. I'm that person that will spend a day frantically cleaning before I have company and then still greet them with "please excuse the mess."

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

ButterflyMa  (29-06-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (29-06-2016),MrsTugs  (26-06-2016)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    Add me here ladies!
    We regularly have dishes from the last meal to do with the dishes from this meal.
    There is a never ending supply of washing to be folded and put away.
    I love a clean house. I just don't love it enough to stress over. I wish I did. I bet DH wishes I did too! Haha