+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Usually it's dishes left from breakfast, beds not made, stuff on the table, Lego on the floor and clothes on the bathroom floor. I tidy the house every night and do a big clean on Saturdays. Laundry is a forever thing in my house I'm just chasing my tail with it. Sunday night is the best cause the house is clean, food prep done, laundry put away... By Wednesday its a whole different story. As long as it's not dirty a few bits and pieces laying around is fine by me. I also have animals which adds additional cleaning. I vaccum every week and mop every week. But I really need to get that cordless Dyson for during the week. Also anti bacterial wipes are my life, I wipe the bathroom down with those during the week, actually I wipe everything down with those.. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly? My house never gets to the state where I describe it as a tip. But I have anxiety and clean/tidy probably a little obsessively. For me, any more than a dozen or so toys lying around is enough for me to call halt on all activities in the house and getting everything put away. I'm very particular about beds being made in the morning, loads of washing being folded and put away as soon as they're dry as well as cleaning very regularly.

But I know I'm a little out of the ordinary on this. I feel in control of things when I have a tidy and clean house.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (26-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends on my anxiety levels. I tend to get a little OCD when my anxiety is high. But with small kiddos around I can't get it done so anxiety is worse.

When my anxiety is ok I tend to have less hugh standards. Not ok for me is kitchen has dirty dishes everywhere. No benches wiped down, bathroom all icky. And stuff everywhere and not vacuumed.

My house has been the tip I described recently. Its slowly getting better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For me I like things to be tidy. Dirty floors stress me out. I've done my time in share houses and for me dishes not done for so long you have to wash something to make a sandwich is really stressful. Ditto for washing left in machine to go mouldy, dirty toilets etc.
    People have different standards of what is ok for them, but I'm thinking it gets to the point of having no clean dishes, no clean clothes etc it can become a bit of a vicious cycle. Where it might take 15 min to clean up 1 day of dishes, it's a massive job to do a whole weeks worth.
    From your previous posts I know your situation is complicated OP, so I hope you're not waiting on your home help for too long, I know my cleaner is a godsend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post

But I know I'm a little out of the ordinary on this. I feel in control of things when I have a tidy and clean house.
    Exactly the same. Loss of control generally sends my anxiety into overdrive. Being late (that is always DH's fault lol), not knowing where the finances/savings are at, having a messy house. On the flipside when my house is spotless and I know the budget for the next month I feel in control and my anxiety is low.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A messy house makes me really anxious too. At the absolute worst, my house is never more than 30 min - 1 hr away from spotless. Of course the kids will get toys out etc, but clutter stresses me out. I try to clean up the kitchen & kids do the toys at least 2x per day - after lunch & after dinner. I clean the kitchen usually after brekkie too. I find if I do it more often, it will only take 10 minutes 3x a day, then one big clean once a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    If my house is in its absolute worst shape:
    Kitchen - may take max of 30 minutes to get back in to 'super clean' state. Dishes are never left unless they're soaking, and benchtops get wiped down after something has been made each time. I don't want cockroaches and ants in my kitchen, and am paranoid about food poisoning so like to have the kitchen clean.
    Bathroom - only takes 20 minutes to clean. It never goes more than two weeks without being done. Toilets at least weekly.
    Floors get swept twice a day...vacuumed twice a week. Washed every 5 days or so (they got washed daily when we had babies on them).
    Tidy up happens at the end of every day. I hate mess but allow the kids to play how they want through the day...then they take anywhere from 10-30min to clean up at the end of the day.
    Beds are made every day, sheets washed every 1-2 weeks. If beds aren't made I say my house is a tip. I think an unmade bed makes the whole room look messy and it drives me nuts.
    ok please tell me how you find time to sweep floors twice daily. do you live in a house that shares the same dimensions as a postage stamp? there's no effing way that would ever happen here. as much as I'd like it to. just can't even fathom finding the motivation or time for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I definitely agree with the control/anxiety thing. a clean house makes me feel much better.

something you will never see in my house:

clothes on the floor. ever.
    unmade beds.
    piles of washing waiting to be folded and put away.

really, if I could just get on top of the floors, I'd be one happy lady.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    ok please tell me how you find time to sweep floors twice daily. do you live in a house that shares the same dimensions as a postage stamp? there's no effing way that would ever happen here. as much as I'd like it to. just can't even fathom finding the motivation or time for it.
    😂 Well I don't live in a big house so it only takes a few minutes to give a quick sweep through(not the bedrooms...just main run through). But, we have 8 kids running in and out of here daily on average as well as two dogs...so it is needed. The vacuum comes out to do the whole house...doing under beds, lounge, moving chairs etc. my whole house can be vacuumed in 20 minutes.
    I have relaxed on my floors heaps...when I had babies crawling on them I would vacuum daily, sweep two-three times and mop 1-2 times a day (Enjo, so mopping would take 5 minutes). I found cleaning a large house horrific...we downsized partially cause I hated the maintenance of a large house!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will add there is ALWAYS washing to be done or waiting to be folded here. I hate the endless cycle that is washing for a largeish family. I was so on top of it until our family increased and it just takes forever to fold everything. I hate it. I only have one basket, though...I refuse to have more than one...it helps keep the washing undet control when you only have one basket to fill. Washing is never anywhere but in the basket...or on my bed...no big washing piles on my couch or dining table etc.