+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    Could you just reply each time with a thumbs up emoji and say thanks one step ahead of you ive already done that but good suggestion.

If you give that same response a few times my guess is she might tae a hint
    Agreed, keep it light! I wouldn't say "but good suggestion", sort of like an invite for more you know. This is a good approach, she probably means well, she's taking an interest and it means she's probably treating your little one really well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is she saying things that are stating the obvious or things that are questioning your parenting?

Yes the nits thing is obvious and annoying, but she is being thorough and not leaving anything to chance. That's probably not about you and more about the type of person she is.

I would try hard to suck it up and not call her on it. If you upset her she could agitate your ex and he could decide he wants more custody. Things are good now. I would roll with it and just humour her.

If they've been together 3 years they're probably about to either break up or have a baby. If she has a baby she will be too busy to annoy you.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

LittleBug'sMum  (27-06-2016),VicPark  (26-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Is she saying things that are stating the obvious or things that are questioning your parenting?

Yes the nits thing is obvious and annoying, but she is being thorough and not leaving anything to chance. That's probably not about you and more about the type of person she is.

I would try hard to suck it up and not call her on it. If you upset her she could agitate your ex and he could decide he wants more custody. Things are good now. I would roll with it and just humour her.

If they've been together 3 years they're probably about to either break up or have a baby. If she has a baby she will be too busy to annoy you.
    Good point. Maybe she's not even thinking about the OP's parenting, maybe she is just anxious about possibly having a nit infested house.

In which case maybe if there is something serious like nits the OP could take control of the situation and let her ex know what she is doing to get rid of the nits... Before his GF has a chance to stick her nose in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As a step parent i probably have been guilty of accidently stating the obvious. Although we got along ok and there wasn't ever tension between birth mum and i.... i also never made contact with her myself. I left that to df. I felt it wasn't my place.
    We could easily sit and chat face to face even on our own. No dramas.

I think you can either
    - let it go....
    - respond to her. "Thanks. Already done it 😃"
    - say something to your ex
    - call her on it.

Id probably work down that list as time went on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My partners (now ex) gf used to do this. I found out later on it was him telling her to txt me.
    We (her and I) are now good friends, lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like the thumbs up idea. that's a good one. Its definitely not him telling her to text me. He wouldn't tell me how to parent. I'm thinking its either her way of showing me that she can step up and be a role model and constantly wanting to remind me or her being b****y as she doesn't like me very much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My husband's ex wife used to email me info about step-parenting courses and other printed matter about step-parenting. Gees, it used to absolutely rile me because believe me, she was (is) far from the model parent. She gave up eventually.