+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Partner unsupportive of breastfeeding beyond a year

Quote Originally Posted by RedCreamingSoda View Post
    Fathers using breastfeeding as an excuse for why they are not well bonded with their child is an absolutely pathetic excuse and I'm shocked that so many mothers pay any attention to it.
    Completely agree. I bf my first for 2 years and dh never had an issue with bonding. Sounds like your dh is using it as yet another excuse. There's no problems with you breastfeeding, the size of your house, activities in the afternoon etc, it is the lack of support you have from your dh and no other family to back you up or help out. I feel for you op and wish I had some advice, apart from your dh needs a good hard talking to.

As an aside I never understood extended breastfeeding either until I had a baby who just never dropped feeds or showed less interested in boob. I just kind of figured dd1 would stop and she never did, and there is little information or support to help you wean when they are not keen on the idea. I now plan on feeding dd2 to 2 years if that's what she wants as well, and she's DHs little girl and sleeps just fine

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (27-06-2016),Skye Baby  (27-06-2016),smallpotatoes  (27-06-2016)