OMG another great Aussie brand hits the dust! | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default OMG another great Aussie brand hits the dust!

I can't believe what I just read! Target Australia are going to stop selling toys! What the heck is this world coming to? I know they are facing some troubles but gee. They are known as the one stop shop for everything baby and child. How can they do this? They have been winding back product range and quality for some time, and now they are going to do this! Here in Adelaide our choices are so limited and if Target are gone I don't know what I will do? K-mart has reduced their range of toys dramatically, the department stores are expensive and their range is awful!
    Last edited by scoulls; 26-06-2016 at 16:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Would you mind posting a link to what you read. I can't find anything.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I don't know where I heard it but I thought Target and Kmart were going to merge at some point. I think Target have been in trouble for a while.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scoulls View Post
    I can't believe what I just read! Target Australia are going to stop selling toys! What the heck is this world coming to? I know they are facing some troubles but gee. They are known as the one stop shop for everything baby and child. How can they do this? They have been winding back product range and quality for some time, and now they are going to do this! Here in Adelaide our choices are so limited and if Target are gone I don't know what I will do? K-mart has reduced their range of toys dramatically, the department stores are expensive and their range is awful!

I feel so cross about this I have started a petition. See
    https://change.orgp/guy-russo-target...p-selling-toys

Please sign and share.
    So there was a widely reported news article this week saying Target would stop selling toys completely. I hope this link will open for you but it has a correction at the end which says:
    "An earlier version of this story incorrectly said Target would stop selling toys. They are only culling their annual toy sales"

http://www.news.com.au/finance/busin...5c29b6f89b339e

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I actually went to target today and it's pretty crap (well this one was anyway). I was looking for some work clothes, geez they have gone down hill. The knit wear looks like something my grandmother would wear. The range is boring and the whole place is just "meh". On the up side I got discounted pjs for DS. Cause who the heck buys anything full priced at Target they literally have a sale ever week.
    Something needs to be done about target.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

The article I read is here http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/busine...5c29b6f89b339e. I just cant believe it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scoulls View Post
    Hi,

The article I read is here http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/busine...5c29b6f89b339e. I just cant believe it!
    That says they will cancel the toy sale - not stop selling toys altogether

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I heard that too. Crazy idea I think...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, you are right. It was a misprint. Heavens, how to get me fired up! Thank goodness they aren't , I was so upset. We do most of our shopping for toys there. Their range is normally pretty good.

Thank you! You have made my day!

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    @scoulls I am intrigued. You joined in June 2008 but have not posted until now.

Have you been lurking all this time? 8 years of lurking, I think that might be a new record

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (26-06-2016),binnielici  (26-06-2016)