Totally trivial MIL WWYD | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    lol I really shouldn't BH after a glass of wine, 2 hours later this is already a non-issue and I'm embarrassed I posted. (Although maybe because it's just been 2 hours since DS went to bed and I've already forgotten what he smells like?)
    But I appreciate your thoughts, and taking them into consideration I think the best option is to not say anything and just push through the crying and get him washed before bed. And give him a lazy dinner so I don't have to spend as much time on that!
    We can't afford full time-childcare but I'm supposed to be putting in full time hours so I'm reluctant to sacrifice any toddler-free time as I use it to catch up on work.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (26-06-2016),misskittyfantastico  (25-06-2016),Yogis Mumma  (26-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by deku View Post
    lol I really shouldn't BH after a glass of wine, 2 hours later this is already a non-issue and I'm embarrassed I posted. (Although maybe because it's just been 2 hours since DS went to bed and I've already forgotten what he smells like?)
    But I appreciate your thoughts, and taking them into consideration I think the best option is to not say anything and just push through the crying and get him washed before bed. And give him a lazy dinner so I don't have to spend as much time on that!
    We can't afford full time-childcare but I'm supposed to be putting in full time hours so I'm reluctant to sacrifice any toddler-free time as I use it to catch up on work.
    But think how people could run with it?! Would be great entertainment!
    "When your MIL smells bad"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    ummm I think you're being over the top. sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Surely just a quick shower would get rid of it?
    Not necessarily. My good friend 'lends' me clothes yet I don't have the heart to tell her wearing them gives me a headache - she uses normal washing detergent (as opposed to sensitive) and my nose can literally detect the clothes 3 rooms away. After I have re-washed them. Very super annoying.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

deku  (27-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had this same issue with my MIL when my DS was a baby.
    I adored his newborn smell and everytime she held him, I would have to change him and bath him. Ugh! It was gross, my beautiful baby boy smelling like a middle aged woman.

DH spoke to her and FIL and it hasn't happened again, I think she was spraying herself before she came in to our house.

I miss that beautiful newborn smell

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alicia111 For This Useful Post:

deku  (27-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I would just suck it up OP, and shower him when he gets home.
    I'm glad you've decided this is the way to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL, I don't get headaches from my mums perfume, but often if mum has been over and cuddles the cat, you can smell her perfume on her LOL. We all comment about it, you smell like Nanna LOL. What you have described reminds me of that hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd say something. And once you work out how let me know. I'm still trying to work out how to tell mil not to wash my kids clothes at her place because I can't stand the smell!