+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @turquoisecoast if you struggle with mess, this is what hardcore BLW (no spoon feeding at all) looks like 90% of the time 😂 but I totally recommend it, another benefit is their mouth muscles start working hard from a young age, rather than just swallowing. Her speech is fantastic and I had an OT tell me it's most likely because of BLW.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1467026650.001671.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1467026660.641591.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1467026669.163023.jpg

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (28-06-2016),misskittyfantastico  (27-06-2016),turquoisecoast  (27-06-2016),wobbleyhorse  (27-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    God I didn't even think about bub meal times before work. far out. could I not just blast off to work on the days I'll be going back and he eats at daycare? I highly doubt we will have time in the mornings for fluffing about.

how does everyone else do it!?!
    @JR03 adorable! I'm not someone who deals well with mess but I may need to just let it go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @turquoisecoast yep we did breakfast at daycare, just make sure you explain what BLW is because no one at our centre seemed to know! They were big on self feeding where possible anyway, so I just explained that we do 100% self feeding. They just let her get messy and I'd send plenty of changes of clothes.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (27-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS was 4months old and he had the good old fashioned rice cereal. I introduced a new mashy veggie every week until I built a proper little meal for him. In the end his fav was chicken mince and veggies, loved his weetbix and still does, as he got older his tastes broadened a lot. Spag bog he was devouring by the time he was 10months old.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    God I didn't even think about bub meal times before work. far out. could I not just blast off to work on the days I'll be going back and he eats at daycare? I highly doubt we will have time in the mornings for fluffing about.

@JR03 adorable! I'm not someone who deals well with mess but I may need to just let it go!
    Possibly. It may depend what time you drop off bub. At my childcare they can eat breakfast but finish before 7.

You can always spoon feed for breakfast and have BLW for the remainder of the meals.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Breakfast at daycare before 7.30 am TCS.

Thanks
    Reviews

I start back at work next week and am definitely going to leave breakfast for daycare. I need to be out the door at 6:20. DD doesn't have breakfast until 7:30 normally anyway as she is BF as soon as she wakes up.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

When DS was in daycare i took their brekkie and they fed him as i started at 8 and still had to drive to work. They supplied lunch and afternoon tea i also always supplied a pre-dinner dinner for them to feed DS before I picked them up after work around 530

14. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @turquoisecoast you've been given heaps of advice so far but for what it's worth... I'd start off by buying a high chair now if you haven't already. Start with DS sitting in his chair at the table while you eat your meals. We started this around 4 months of age so DD could watch us eat (we wanted to do BLW and this approach is big on them watching you first which made sense to me. I was similar to you in that I always ate when she was asleep!). We ended up trying some homemade mashed veg (I started to panic a bit at 5ish months as everyone else seemed to be eating) but DD has always preferred to feed herself so spoon feeding and purées were never successful here.
    She is eating a good variety of foods now and has a combination of food that we are eating and specific slices and mini foods (like quiches, pasties, muesli bars, veggie slice, rissoles etc) I make for her and freeze. Because she's not a big fan of spoon feeding I put yoghurt into reusable pouches and she sucks them. She'll eat baked beans and porridge or soup from a spoon but that's it everything else is with her own hands.
    Re meal times etc. yes it takes forever. It is really so much harder and more time consuming when they're eating! Each meal takes half an hour for us plus still breastfeeding 3 times a day. Feels like all I do is feed her, cook and think about what to feed her I find it hard to get out of the house on work days but luckily I don't start at a set time. I actually bought a second high chair which lives in my ensuite so that DD can eat breakfast while I shower and get ready, that really helps!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have a super easy to clean high chair (like the ikea one). For the summer - no clothes (just nappy) is easier to clean. Depending on your flooring - could use a shower curtain or mat under the chair.

Its all fun really. And there are cleaner foods for days where you are in more of a rush.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post: