+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default People movers - what do you drive and what do you love about it?

So we are considering the next car and looking for something that has sliding doors and room for more than 5.... So who drives something like this and what do you love about it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Honda Odyssey. I love that it has sooooo much space inside but isn't that wide or excessively long so I find it easy to drive. I think it's ugly tho but that's not important to me! One door is sliding. Reverse camera. Love it!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Freyamum For This Useful Post:

gumnut babies  (25-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! Does it have many anchor points?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kia carnival. We have the 2012 model. There is a new shape/model from 2015.

So much space, 5 anchor points. Great boot space even when all seats in use. Doesn't feel big to drive.

Negatives are the two middle seats in both rows only have lap belts.
    It also has a million cup holders- more cup holders in the car then seats haha

The newer model only has four anchor points 😞 which is why we bought the older model.

Feel free to ask any questions.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mandmbaby For This Useful Post:

gumnut babies  (26-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gumnut babies View Post
    Thanks! Does it have many anchor points?
    Not sure on numbers (we only need 2), but this is one thing they got terribly wrong! The anchor point the middle row comes from the roof of car so the straps hang about kids head in 3rd row. In our case this has been ok as my kids mostly sit in the middle row and when use all 3 it's just mr7's booster seat. But we almost didn't buy on this point. The next model up has anchors on the front seat I think but they didn't update this cheaper model... Still costs $40k! And next model up only has 7 seats vs the one we got has 8. But it's a couple of years old now so might be worth finding out if they changed the anchor points due to many complaints

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Freyamum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours doesn't have a sliding door so not sure if you would consider it. But we have the Mazda CX-9. It's a fantastic car. Middle row has 3 anchor points. Rear row has none but there is a spot in the pillar that's designed to have a crab bar installed so it's nothing to get one of those put in if you need. It's has exceptional storage room for what feels like a small SUV to drive. We live far from the shops so our grocery trips are big. We can fit two 2x 42L eskies in as well as two whole trolley loads of groceries, as well as our 4 children.
    We have taken the car with adults in each of the rows with no complaint for space, with the exception that rear row has the floor a little close to the seat but definitely doable and still comfortable.

With both the rear seats up (50/50 split. A 60/40 for the middle) I can get my Steelcraft Strider compact with the normal seat and the toddler seat behind it with no issue. (It's not a small pram so good indication of size).

We are looking at getting rid of it because we need a 4wd. You can't get a bull bar for it and it's only 2wd so not suited to where we live at all, but I will miss it dearly. We travel 650kms or so on very rough dirt roads, every fortnight and it's never skipped a beat and has a very smooth ride still and handles well even on the sandy parts. Has a low centre of gravity so no roll over issues etc. It's a dream to drive. It chews fuel a bit but has great power. You can tow a car on the back and still go up hills at full pace. Picks up well if overtaking etc.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    Ours doesn't have a sliding door so not sure if you would consider it. But we have the Mazda CX-9. It's a fantastic car. Middle row has 3 anchor points. Rear row has none but there is a spot in the pillar that's designed to have a crab bar installed so it's nothing to get one of those put in if you need. It's has exceptional storage room for what feels like a small SUV to drive. We live far from the shops so our grocery trips are big. We can fit two 2x 42L eskies in as well as two whole trolley loads of groceries, as well as our 4 children.
    We have taken the car with adults in each of the rows with no complaint for space, with the exception that rear row has the floor a little close to the seat but definitely doable and still comfortable.

With both the rear seats up (50/50 split. A 60/40 for the middle) I can get my Steelcraft Strider compact with the normal seat and the toddler seat behind it with no issue. (It's not a small pram so good indication of size).

We are looking at getting rid of it because we need a 4wd. You can't get a bull bar for it and it's only 2wd so not suited to where we live at all, but I will miss it dearly. We travel 650kms or so on very rough dirt roads, every fortnight and it's never skipped a beat and has a very smooth ride still and handles well even on the sandy parts. Has a low centre of gravity so no roll over issues etc. It's a dream to drive. It chews fuel a bit but has great power. You can tow a car on the back and still go up hills at full pace. Picks up well if overtaking etc.
    Thanks! I've heard the new CX9 is amazing! Unfortunately where I live the car parks everywhere are sooooo narrow I really want the sliding doors to avoid opening doors into other cars

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyamum View Post
    Not sure on numbers (we only need 2), but this is one thing they got terribly wrong! The anchor point the middle row comes from the roof of car so the straps hang about kids head in 3rd row. In our case this has been ok as my kids mostly sit in the middle row and when use all 3 it's just mr7's booster seat. But we almost didn't buy on this point. The next model up has anchors on the front seat I think but they didn't update this cheaper model... Still costs $40k! And next model up only has 7 seats vs the one we got has 8. But it's a couple of years old now so might be worth finding out if they changed the anchor points due to many complaints
    Ah what a pity! I like the look of the Odyssey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have just bought the new Kia Carnival. I never wanted to be a minivan driver but I looovvvee the carnival. The features are great and I love all the electric sliding doors and boot.