+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jane , good luck with the first round of IVF. Do you know what day your meant to start? Are you waiting for AF also? We had IUI as an option but decided to skip it as we thought it would be a waste of time and money. We have only been trying for 6 months and I'm 35, but FS think I have endo which might make it harder for me to conceive. We kinda just jumped into IVF head first. We are terrified and excited all at the same time!

Positive vibes - no I haven't had AF yet which is strange, not even any symptoms. Had another pregnancy test and it was a BFN so not sure what is going on as its never late. Maybe stress is keeping it away!
    So annoying as this is the first time I want to see my period!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sammie P you must be so frustrated! Hopefully it arrives today and you can start soon. Stress plays havoc on my body too sometimes.

Surfergal are you doing a FET soon? That you for sharing your story. Lots of good IVF buddies on this tread. I hope it is a short journey for us all

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm due to start tonight SammieP based on my day one bloods. I have 4 nights of puregon then a scan and blood test on day 5. The doctor is worried about me hyperstimulating because I had a very good response to the drugs during IUI (I had to reach 700 and I got to 4000!) so there is still a chance that I may not essentially go ahead this month. I'm just trying to take it one stage at a time hopefully AF arrives and you can get started, it's a good feeling to get some control of a situation that we ultimately can't control! Hopefully everyone's IVF stories will be positive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Let me know how you get on with your drugs. I'm very scared at what the drugs might do to me. I've heard bad stories but still going to stay positive about the situation and can't wait for AF to arrive- wow never thought I would say that lol!
    What is our story Jane, how long have you been TTC for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've just picked up my meds
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Day 1 was really good SammieP no side effects other that a big bruise on my tummy. I am on a low dose though 150 gonal F. Watch this space.

Bubbles good luck with your injections exciting times ahead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you do the injections yourself?
    Oh I'm so dredding that part, I'm such a wuss!
    Still no AF!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been ttc for 3.5 years, no pregnancies, 1 failed IUI. FS says we have unexplained infertility. I took 33.3 of puregon for the IUI and felt fine emotionally....I've to take 150 this month so I'm also scared about what this dose will do to me! I inject myself - I wouldn't trust my husband to do it! He'd be too heavy-handed

positive vibes I'm starting tonight too, have you got a blood test and scan on Monday??

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Newbie to IVF

Yes injections myself, didn't trust DH either I have bloods on Monday and then scans later in the week I believe. Taking it day by day, hoping my body does what it is meant to.

Not sure what IUI is - I will look it up now. We went straight to IVF ICSI and haven't tried any other treatments.

Is anyone else doing acupuncture? I had a lovely appointment today... Have been going for a while as it really helps regulate my cycles and helps keep my anxiety at bay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We considered IUI but didn't really bother with it, thought it was a waste of time. I'm not doing acupuncture, but do you recommend it? Is it expensive? Which state are you in positive vibes maybe you could recommend someone?
    I'm a bit scared to do the injections myself, might have to work up the courage.
    Still no AF