+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Newbie to IVF

Hi everyone, I am due to start IVF ( picking up my drugs on Tuesday ) some time later on next week. As this is my first cycle I am very terrified/excited/nervous/ anxious but happy that my DH and I may finally conceive. Can anyone offer any advice or stories that they may have experienced thru the IVF journey.
    I haven't told that many people that we will start IVF incase it is unsuccessful.
    I'm not exactly sure how I'm meant to be feeling right now so anyone else going to thru the same experience or could offer some advice I'd love to hear from you 😊

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SammieP For This Useful Post:

positive vibes  (26-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm also starting my first ivf cycle next week and feel exactly the same as you fingers crossed we both get lucky first go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh nice, do you have any children already? Can I ask how old you are ?
    It's all a bit scary and daunting isn't it?! Main thing is to stay positive I think, easier said than done hey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a 3 year old and I'm 27. It's definitely daunting and a little overwhelming

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SammieP View Post
    Hi everyone, I am due to start IVF ( picking up my drugs on Tuesday ) some time later on next week. As this is my first cycle I am very terrified/excited/nervous/ anxious but happy that my DH and I may finally conceive. Can anyone offer any advice or stories that they may have experienced thru the IVF journey.
    I haven't told that many people that we will start IVF incase it is unsuccessful.
    I'm not exactly sure how I'm meant to be feeling right now so anyone else going to thru the same experience or could offer some advice I'd love to hear from you
    Hey SammieP,
    I'm in the same situation as you. I start my ivf meds next week pending my bloods (baseline) come back ok. I just got AF this morning so I should be good. This is our first time doing ICSI IVF. Petrified about the process and also scared as hell it won't work. Have to keep positive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So does that mean you start your first injection today? I have my fingers and toes crossed for you.
    I think I should be starting around Wed or Thursday so if you want a cycle buddy to help you get thru it let me know. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Getting bloods done today to check I am baseline (do you have to do this?) and the due to start tues/wed. I have been waiting about 6 weeks to start... So much waiting!! I hope it is a short journey for both of us. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well DH and I had a blood test on Friday in FS rooms and I'm picking up the drugs Tuesday to start on Day 2 of AF. According to my calculations should be around Wed or Thursday. They didn't say I had to wait for he results of the bloods at in, in fact they were quite keen to start me ASAP ( as I probably would have delayed it by a month)
    Do you have children already and can I ask how old you are ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No kids, 29. Been TTC about two years it I always had a feeling we would need to go down this road. Male fertility issues was a shock for us both though. What about you? Are you trying for your first?

Sounds like we will be starting around he same time eek!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I'm 36 and doc thinks I have endometriosis and a low ovarian reserve for my age. This is our first we are trying to conceive so we have to get a move on if we want 2. At this stage I would be blessed and over the moon if we only had one.
    I will be picking up my drugs tomorrow which I am really excited about. It's hard to know what to feel tho hey, so scary, daunting and exciting all at the same time. My worst fear is it doesn't work! Let me know how you go with your bloods