+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default teen- post miscarriage periods

So i was taking contraception Depo-provera and somehow I feel pregnant (we assume we didn't wait long enough for it to kick it). I had no idea I was pregnant until a few months ago I miscarried. Biggest shock of my life, as you can imagine. I absolutely hated depo provera and it made me depressed and other side effects etc. So once it wore off I had basically 5 mini "periods"( withdrawal bleeding) within the space of a month. Anyways so it's a month later and I got my period but it was incredibly light and only lasted two days. Is this normal for your body to have trouble regulated the cycle again after a miscarriage and going off depo provera??? Really worried.

So hoping someone with any experience or similar situation could share their experience about periods after miscarriage and if this is normal?

thank you so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yep completely normal after a m/c for things to take a bit to settle down. You've also come off depo so between the 2 it's no wonder your cycle has gone nuts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello. I haven't been on that form of contraception so can't help you there, but I do know after a miscarriage it can 'confuse' your body for a little while. Your next period (or couple of periods) after a miscarriage can be shorter or longer, lighter or heavier, it is completely normal for it to be different in some way. How it is different varies from person to person as our own bodies are all different and deal with hormones etc in different ways. Especially if you've also come off your regular contraception too, your body will also be getting used to this at the same time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Completely normal. Did you see a doc after?