+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That photo of him at 9 days is just gorgeous!! You're right, he looks like he's really concentrating

PS. God I love newborns in singlets!!

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

deku  (24-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What a beautiful story, apart from the sleep deprivation that we all get to experience. Love both of your pic's. Thank you for sharing them as they are quite intimate.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

deku  (24-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much @deku. I had a similar story as yours but unfortunately al the topping up of EBM just made my boy lazier and lazier. As my boobs got fuller he would only feed as much to take the top milk and not work for the hind milk. His bobbie sucking/attachment was terrible which probably didn't stimulate my boobs enough. I was pumping most of it out by the end. I think I'll avoid the bottle completely with this one. I didn't really have a supply issue, I don't think, just a really lazy feeder. I have heard that breast shields can be great for these situations which is what I might try next time.

Well done and congrats on your persistence! What an AMAZING achievement and a beautiful story. well done mama!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WinterJade For This Useful Post:

deku  (25-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterJade View Post
    Thanks so much @deku. I had a similar story as yours but unfortunately al the topping up of EBM just made my boy lazier and lazier. As my boobs got fuller he would only feed as much to take the top milk and not work for the hind milk. His bobbie sucking/attachment was terrible which probably didn't stimulate my boobs enough. I was pumping most of it out by the end. I think I'll avoid the bottle completely with this one. I didn't really have a supply issue, I don't think, just a really lazy feeder. I have heard that breast shields can be great for these situations which is what I might try next time.

Well done and congrats on your persistence! What an AMAZING achievement and a beautiful story. well done mama!
    Thanks, and you too!
    Luckily/unluckily (it was a bit of both!) it was just as much of a battle to get DS to take a bottle at first too, so he never developed a preference for the bottle. I also kept using the slow flow newborn teats the entire time, even when he was having EBM at daycare at 18 months

Good luck for your #2, I hope it goes more smoothly this time!
    We're still a while away from having a second but I think I'll make an LC appointment while I'm still pregnant to get a plan in place to hopefully get off to an start! There's no way I could handle all the pumping with both a newborn and toddler/preschooler

8. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

WinterJade  (25-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @deku I don't know why, but reading your journey made me teary. Your determination is absolutely amazing. I hope other mums who go through similar problems can read this and know that it is achievable. Congratulations!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SookiLala For This Useful Post:

deku  (04-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by UmmInayah View Post
    @deku I don't know why, but reading your journey made me teary. Your determination is absolutely amazing. I hope other mums who go through similar problems can read this and know that it is achievable. Congratulations!
    awww thanks so much!