+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No but I've been on the receiving end many times. I've had a bucket of kfc thrown at me when I was 15, that was great. Plenty of other instances too where people have carried on like pork chops. My usual reaction is to just wait until they are done and go right, so what are you hoping to achieve? What can I do to actually fix/help you, I predominately deal with tradies now and they are usually pretty chill, with the odd exception.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I probably would have done the same thing but omg my heart is breaking
    I felt awful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    I have once and I do regret it. It was at an Australian Post worker over a passport application. In one section my husband had left out his middle name but he had put it in the next section. I grabbed a pen and wrote in my DH's middle name and the AP worker refused point blank to accept the application because it had been altered since my DH signed it. I was furious and tried to argue that if I had stepped outside the shop and written his name in and stepped back in then he would be none the wiser as to who wrote the name in. He argued that it was a federal offence for him to accept a known fraudulent document. I accused him of having small man syndrome and stomped out of the shop.

Note; I then went to another Australia Post shop and submitted the application. I did fess up to the woman there what had happened and she laughed and said I had probably struck the one AP worker in the entire state would would refuse to accept the document.
    Friend of mine had her birth registration form for her child refused because she used 2 different pens to fill it in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    "I went troppo" is a phrase that should be used more often, i reckon! Lol! I'm still chuckling! Thanks @WiseEnough!

Ps i am more a white cold fury person, not a yeller.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (25-06-2016)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Multiple times to Centrelink (lost it as in ugly crying down the phone).

The only other time I did was when I was renting a washing machine and a stereo from Radio Rentals. The payments for each item were due at different times and they had different biller codes, and once I paid the washing machine payment into the stereo payment code. Then I got a letter saying my washing machine payment was late and I had to pay by such and such date or would be charged a fee of $250.

So I rang them, explained my mistake, explained that I wouldn't be able to make the other payment when they asked, and asked if they could take the fact that I had clearly intended to pay my bill as a gesture of goodwill and intent on my part. They were unwilling to do so. I explained again that I couldn't pay the amount again that I had already attempted to pay (I was on Austudy at the time), and the woman told me I shouldn't rent things from them if I couldn't pay for it.

So. Yep. Lost it pretty good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A taxi driver once. DD was 6 weeks old and I had ordered a taxi to pick us up from the airport with a car seat. He arrives and then tells me that the car seat is stuck up the top but 'the best seat is mum'. We get into an argument, I tell him its illegal (which I discover now its not). He drives off. I call the cab company who tells me it actually isnt illegal and I ask them to pass on an apology.

Apart from that I have never been yelly, although I have been stern - twice recently on the phone - my old real estate misled me about submitting our bond form and then filled it out wrong so it took over a month to get our money back. I called to talk to someone about it and the girl said no one was there. I explained to her that the situation was getting ridiculous and then she looked into it for me. The other was with our bank. I was trying to move our house deposit into our new bank account so they could draw the cheques for settlement. I tried all day to transfer but the internet banking was down and its an online only bank. I called, waited 40 minutes only to be told it was now past 5 and they couldnt do it. I told him it was ridiculous and hung up.

I try and be nice having been physically theatened before and I pass on feedback for good customer service

Thanks
    Reviews
    Once when I was a teen. There was a pizza joint that shared a carpark with a grocery store. The delivery boys had a habit of parking right in front of the shop which was a no standing. A big truck (delivery for the grocery store) got stuck coming around the bend in the carpark because of the cars. I went in and said politely to the manager that the truck is stuck and can they move the cars. The manager told me to mind my own business. Whatever, I left so I could tell the truck driver that I tried but one of the delivery boys followed me out and started abusing me. Calling me a know-it-all little bish etc. Admittedly, I yelled back but then he went to hit me (took a swing but missed as I stumbled backwards) which is when my then boyfriend (a burly 6 foot plus fella) hopped out of the car so the kid backed off and ran back inside. Yelling abuse all the way mind you.
    So I went back in the store and tried to tell the manager. It became obvious at this point that he and the delivery boy were quite chummy as he wouldn't hear a word of it. I got quite yelly once he started calling me a liar and a drama queen. I left and called Police to report it. Blah blah blah, they looked at cctv and everything and the kid was sacked.
    The end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes very similar to op's post.

We used to get my son's thyroid and cortisol medication from a chemist his endo at this time wanted him to be on 75mcg daily and being the trusting person I am didn't notice and they were shorting my son's thyroid medication they were still giving him 25mcg and 50mcg on the weekend or something similar and we kept wondering why my son's levels were so low so next appointment I took all of my son's tablets to his endocrinologist and she noticed straight away I felt awful that I didn't notice I could have hurt my son real bad.
    So after the appointment I went up to the chemist and yeah basically blew up at them got all of the scripts we had remaining and changed pharmacies straight away they literally could have killed my son all their excuse was oh sorry we are a busy pharmacy.
    That's just not paying attention.

Thanks
    Reviews
    One of my in laws does this literally every time something totally minor (getting a meal late in a restaurant, having a tiny mistake made on an order etc) happens in life. He was recently threatened with the police in an indian take out joint after demanding a refund, and using racial slurs against the staff. Anger problems are not cool.

When I lose it, I tend to be assertive and fairly straight down the line on the phone/in person whatever, then go and cry somewhere else afterwards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    One of my in laws does this literally every time something totally minor (getting a meal late in a restaurant, having a tiny mistake made on an order etc) happens in life. He was recently threatened with the police in an indian take out joint after demanding a refund, and using racial slurs against the staff. Anger problems are not cool.

When I lose it, I tend to be assertive and fairly straight down the line on the phone/in person whatever, then go and cry somewhere else afterwards.
    My parents are like this too, they go off at the slightest mistake or when something is slightly wrong it's quite embarrassing. I can understand sometimes when there's a big stuff up or something really frustrating but with slight small things it's so not cool. They are really annoying and I'm glad we live so far away but recently when they visited I dreaded something like this happening.

So very highly strung, mostly you have to get over it and they never do over tiny things it's painful.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to zoz For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (26-06-2016)