+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow @Yoghurt she sounds like a horrible bully

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    not really. I've lost it over the phone to the ATO once. I'm pretty confrontational but nothing has annoyed me enough or warranted my full wrath lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    I work in settlements too and the only time I've really lost my cool with a company was....you guessed it, St George Bank! Very similar reasons. Plus them "losing" a 2 million dollar cheque. Mostly, the reason I've lost my cool with them, has had more to do with their unhelpful attitude than the actual mistake.

Usually, if I get really angry with a company or shop, I get very quiet and state my case firmly. I kind of feel like I "lose" if I start to yell.
    Agreed - they were just so incompetent and had no sense of urgency it really made me cranky - especially as we've been with them for ten years - we took all the trust accounts and general accounts off them and the branch didn't give a rats - I did get a call from one of the head office business bankers and of course he was very sorry and "shocked" at their attitude but I just refused to deal with that branch again and ended up getting better service and better rates with NAB

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes I have - earlier this year when I picked up a layby from Target. I drove nearly an hour home to then find that about $50 worth of stuff was missing. When I went back, was told that it was bad luck because they couldn't tell whether it was genuinely missing or I was making it up due to the time that had lapsed. The staff member refused point blank to go see if they had missed a parcel. In the end spoke to a manager who told the staff member to look out the back again & surprise surprise it was there. Given that it took 3 requests for a manager & blatant denial from the staff member that she could have been wrong I don't feel bad about it (I actually worked for Target for many years and would never have treated a customer how I was treated)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pointless1 For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (25-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I once got really cranky and had a rant at Origin when I had called for the 3rd time to get my electricity connected after moving. The guy was spinning some rubbish about what was going on, when the person I had been speaking to previously had said something completely different (and I am pretty sure the first person was telling me the truth). The guy kept going on about how it was all my fault (it absolutely was not). I'd asked 3 times to speak to his manager, with no acknowledgement. DS had started to cry because he was hungry and at 4 months old and breastfed, no one else could feed him. I told the guy I'd had enough of listening to him lie I had to go because I had to feed my 4 month old son, and told him a manager had better call me back within an hour or I would be calling the ombudsman. The guy said now wait just a minute, your son can wait, and started on with his rubbish again. I didn't scream, or even really yell, but I did raise my voice and let rip about how incompetent he was, how I'd already spoken to someone who had told me otherwise, and my son couldn't wait for his incompetence as a 4 month old wouldn't understand please wait while I spoke to the liar on the phone. DH took the phone off me before I could continue any further.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Do the scammer phone calls count? I went off at one of them once. 3 phone calls a day for about a week and I was sick of it, so screamed down the phone for them to F off. Was quite satisfying. And we went a good 6 months without any scam calls.

As for proper legal businesses, no. I've gotten cross and held my ground when they've stuffed up/been incompetent, but I don't think I've ever gone off or yelled at anyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I haven't but have got my partner to go in before.
    We ordered a heap of furniture once (over $7000 worth) told them the delivery date needed got a receipt and email advising that it would be done on that day. Come 2 days before moving I ring to organize times as my partner took day off to be at house and I was in meetings all day. Got told that they didn't have a order. So I went into the store taking all my stuff just thinking its s muck up. I got accused of stealing the receipt (even though it had all my details on it) got told I would not be able to afford the order etc etc
    After that they said they should talk to my partner about it. I laughed and told them that's not the best choice but ok he would be in tomorrow as he just got home from working away.
    We went in the next day they started the same stuff (he pretended not to be with me to see how they treated me) then he came in let rip on them. What do you know it was all available to be delivered that day . My partner is pretty scary looking and can't stand people talking down to me especially the stuff they said to me as we paid in cash for it all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope never because I know what it's like! I won't hesitate to speak up though if I'm not happy but will do so respectfully and/or ask to speak with a manager.

I swore in conversation with a Telstra rep over the phone once telling them how 'effin ridiculous' their policy was and got hung up on.

I work in pharmacy too and we get it ALL THE TIME! It can be about anything from the lack of carparking to the why the dr prescribed a drug they knew wouldnt be subsidized followed by hideously racists rants. Sht, Ive even had stock thrown at me and received death and sexual assault threats for refusing Sudafed sales. You learn to deal with it. The people who have it the toughest are the best customers. They are very patient and understanding. It's the ones who are only there for something minor who are the ones who think the world revolves around them and that we should do their script before the other 12 people already waiting.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

rosey82  (24-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am ashamed to say yes i did once. But i was a customer and i lost it at another customer. A guy in front of me bought a particular meal and with the meal you got either a coffee or orange juice. Not both. The girl gave him the drink he wanted then he wanted the other one as well. The girl explained you could only get one and would have to pay for the 2nd. She said it heaps of times. I was hungry and tired and in the end told the guy off. He just kept going and in the end i shoved hus tray to the side and his drink fell over. He didnt say anything just walked off with his stuff. As we were leaving later i saw the same man rifling through the bins out the front. Feel guilty about it to this day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. At Centrelink. When my bubba was born I filled out the paid parental leave forms online then took in the booklet that had the info signed by the hospital on the back.

The woman said you couldn't do it online and I had to fill out the whole booklet. I asked her to look online so she could see what I was talking about. She refused. This went on a while. She adamantly refused you couldn't do it online even though every single question in the booklet was the same.

I went troppo. They were so incompetent. I was the raving looney shouting about them being terrible at their jobs. I don't really regret it to be honest they were bad at their jobs and rude.

Turns out you only need to fill in up to question 12 in the book if you e done it online.