+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 79 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay found you all 😆
    I saw my FS monday, so round 1 I responded good with my estrogen and progesterone but my LH was 1....not good apparently. My 2 eggs that fertilised were ok but she said the quality wasn't there. So next round I'll add the LH needle...because another needle each morning is just what every girl wants to hear is in her future!!😃 Also im going ICSI to increase my chances of fertilising the eggs they collect.
    Does anyone know whether ICSI can decrease the quality of the eggs....what's the risks?
    Also I had another ultrasound to check out my uterus after my period started on the crinone....and surprisingly i has 6-8 follicles in each ovary...so I'm now completely confused as i had less follicles when doing FET! It made me feel more hopeful about my next FET but then scared that im setting myself up for disappointment if i still have low numbers at collection ....anyone else had this happen to them?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to katham For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (30-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @katham glad you found us 😃
    Great you've got a new plan. I did a full ICSI cycle as I had such low egg numbers so they wanted the best fertilisation chance.
    My original plan was to do 50/50 natural and ICSI but when they only collected 4 eggs they changed it to all ICSI. 3 out of 4 were able to be injected, one died day 2. Embryo they transferred day 3 was really good and my frostie is also high quality. So doesn't appear it changed my quality. We have no male factors. And saying that my cycle resulted in a bnf which FS says is just a bit of bad luck. Good luck with your next cycle, hoping that extra injection makes the world of difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @katham - We went the 50/50 route on the advice of our FS. Of the 5 5d embryos, only 1 was from ICSI (20 eggs were fertilized in total). This annoys me every time I think about it, because we MAY have had almost double the number - and possibly never have to do a stim cycle again. However, I think we are the minority...

My FET is in an hour - luckily the hospital they do them at is 5 minutes from home so I'm killing time. I voted, made some snacks for DS, random internet black hole. I'd hope for more cuddle time, but DS has had an epic sleep this morning. He didn't do this when I was home full time!

I'm really anxious about this transfer. I've barely slept all week, and have chewed my cuticles down to nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @hopefull29 - Its good to have a friend who has actually been down the ivf route and knows what you are going through I have a similar friend like that who I have opened up to, I am going out with her this afternoon for a treat of cake after my result yesterday she just understands I need a pick me up 😊. Yes its great for us both to have a plan and move forwards, I decided against the down regulating for 3 months it was one of the options and something we may think about down the line if nothing else helps. As for being so positive hun I gave no other choice if I didn't try to stay positive I would crumble into a small ball and not cope with life its positivity that keeps us going, hope you're feeling positive too x
    @cag14 - Hope you are feeling better today x
    @katham - Glad you found us, I use LH injections in my cycles usualky Luveris and apparently it can really help quality so happy to do so. I use ICSI in my cycles too my initial cycle with Warren I did 50/50 but the icsi 'd embryos reacted better. I also need the ICSI for the pgd testing apparently they cant test embryos that haven't been icsi'd.
    @lileitak - You must be PUPO by jow hun hope all went well. Good luck in your tww x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    @lileitak - You must be PUPO by jow hun hope all went well. Good luck in your tww x
    Thank you! I've been PUP for 4 hours now, and only just went pee LOL. I had this irrational fear that the embryo would fall out.

It went really well this morning. The embryologist said it thawed perfectly, and was as good as a fresh one. So I will have everything crossed until Tuesday when I can POAS.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (30-06-2016),julianicholson  (30-06-2016),lotsathoughts  (30-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear @lileitak hope this is your turn xxx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

ilex  (30-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have my blood test tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @cag14 hope its amazing news x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @Heyside!

Good luck @cag14!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (01-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Liletak all the best for your TWW hope it goes smoothly and quickly for you. Congrats on being PUPO!
    @Heyside I'm positive too, but being my first cycle gotta be. I hope if my journey is a long one (which clearly I'm hoping it isn't) that I'll remain as positive as you! Hope you enjoyed your treat this afternoon and your catch up. It makes such a difference having that friend who understands.
    @cag14 good luck tomorrow!

Those that have done a natural FET have you used opk to determine LH surge and then have your blood test? That's my plan apparently. Super nervous I'll read my opk wrong and miss it. I start the opk tomorrow but if I still haven't had a surge by next Thursday they'll start doing bloods.