+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 87 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefull29 View Post
    Sorry for all the double posts lately. My app has a mind of its own.....

I saw my FS today who put a bit of a downer on things when she said "it's not real until I hear a heartbeat". I know she's just being practical and honest but it was like she was telling me not to be excited. I know miscarriage rates are reasonably high, but it's not like I'm not going to be devastated if it happens whether I'm excited now or not..... Oh well. I'm on crinone of 12 weeks, stopped in to pick it up from the pharmacy on my way home and nearly died to find out its $170 for 15! PBS don't cover it now as it's not classed as IVF which just seems silly considering I'm an IVF pregnancy but no apparently it's not the same. Oh well, if it's going to help I guess I pay it.
    Will do full replies tomorrow as must get myself to bed before getting up at 4am for my appointment 😴 but just wanted to say to @hopefull29 Wazza puts girls on the crinone initially after transfer but then says you can swap to pessaries after bfp as they are much cheaper, less convenient but who has $170 to pay for a fortnights meds.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @lotsathoughts it's sounding super positive!! I hope this is the one for you!!
    I'm glad you agree with me about the FS comment. Oh well I'm excited anyway, even if it were to end in s disaster it's the closest I've ever been so it's gotta be a good sign. I'm feeling positive though, I look at it as a 90% chance of it making it, not the 10% of miscarriage. Gotta stay positive, positive mind really helps I think.
    Keep as much crinone as you can! I really was super shocked!
    @Heyside thanks for that info. I go back to see my FS in a few weeks and I'll definitely be asking her about this. It seems crazy. DH keeps telling me not to stress about the cost, we can afford it but it's really not the point. I'd much prefer to spend that money on a cot, car seat, pram ect. It just seems unnecessary to spend that when there's a cheaper option so thank you for telling me what wazza does.
    All the best for tomorrow's appointment!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 You could ask your FS about pessaries, you get double for the same price. I was on Crinone my fresh cycle and pessaries this FET, and my progesterone levels are good according to the last nurse I spoke with.

Try to stay positive, you never know what tomorrow may bring so live in today. That's what I'm trying to tell myself. X

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET May-June 2016 #2

@hopefull29 Sorry to hear your FS put a bit of a downer on things today. I had a similar experience with my GP. I just tell my self that with everyday that passes we're closer & closer to a happy & healthy baby! We all know the risks with early pregnancy but even at this early stage the odds are still in our favor 🙏🙏🙏🎉😁😁!!
    Can't believe PBS doesn't cover pregnancy support!! It's a joke. My meds are costing us more now than when I was cycling!! Anyway, anything to help this bub make its way into the world!!
    My pregnancy symptoms heated up around wk6. Wk 4 & 5 I had sore boobs but they would come & go. It was very stressful. Sometimes I didn't have a single symptom & would be convinced it was all over!
    I also had the occasional bout of spotting that would really send me over the edge!!
    Anyway, wk 6 the nausea, food aversions & fatigue set in. As debilitating as the symptoms are they are kinda reassuring 🙊.
    Hearing the heartbeat at our 7wk scan was very reassuring.
    Can't wait for you to experience that!! Xx
    Last edited by Muchulu1; 29-07-2016 at 22:21.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muchulu1 For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (30-07-2016),lotsathoughts  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside All the best for tomorrow!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    I had a bit of a cry while I ate a take away pizza.. I'm ok.. Im not feeling confident at all.. And perhaps I need to re think this given I am nearly 40..
    Hey, it sucks but don't give up. I live by a saying " your stronger than you know and braver than you think". Getting that news is upsetting and its natural to question your future plans, but you are strong and you can do what you need to make your dreams come true. I hope you have someone who can be there for you and just listen, use them.
    Sending you hugs and kisses.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katham For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (30-07-2016),lotsathoughts  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @Heyside
    Let us know how you go xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots of great advice here.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ilex thanks Hun. I will definitely ask if I can swap over.
    @Muchulu1 so glad to read you had some days with no symptoms. Making me feel better! Absolutely I'll do anything to bring this bubs into the world healthy.
    Yes I want all the symptoms I can get so they reassure me. My nipples so far were only very slightly tender. So I guess it's not that unusual they're feeling ok now. I never get sore boobs in the lead up to AF. Heaviness in my uterus has also gone. However I did wake up at 3am and felt a little queasy. My lower back is aching like I'm getting AF so hopefully it's a pregnancy ache which I know quite a few people do get.
    Also feeling a little queasy this morning. I've run out of poas's so no doubt I'll go buy another 7 pack. Didn't really want to but think I'm going to have to to keep sane lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @pingc383 thanks Hun. Hope you're feeling a little bit better today x