+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh and I'll share this... After my scan this morning I had a bit of a cry. Was feeling a bit deflated and emotional. As I was wiping my eyes my 2yo DD came around the corner and said "Mummy sad" and gave me a hug. It was the first time I've heard her recognize an emotion. How lucky am I to have someone to hug through this journey. I really am grateful for what I have and wish everyone got the chance to experience motherhood.
    xx

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (15-07-2016),julianicholson  (15-07-2016),Muchulu1  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside that's annoying! Let's hope a few more days does the trick.
    @lotsathoughts the good news is that ET is in and out, so it's likely you can at least do a half day. Your DD sounds so sweet. What a lovely gesture

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside sorry to hear Hun, hoping Tuesday brings good news. I think you're better off waiting if you're happy to. Fresh lining sounds so much more inviting.
    @lotsathoughts sorry to hear your scan also wasn't great news. But it does sound great they're growing evenly. Sucks you will have transfer once back a school though. Hoping it all works out for you and you won't need to worry about IVF for a while!

I'm booked in for my FET tomorrow at 10:30. So excited. Hoping it survives the thaw. I got pretty annoyed with my clinic/nurse again today. I rang my nurse to try find out my time who's voicemail said she was on leave for the next month. I understand people have holidays and that's no issue but I'd expect to be told who was looking after me whilst my nurse was away. Got put through to an operator who said she didn't know who was looking after me and would put me through to a nurse to try find out. I got put through to 5 nurses before being told they'd call me back. Anyway ended up finding out but I'm pretty annoyed. If I hadn't have rang I'm not so sure they would have called me. I'm going through Monash who I thought was supposed to be the best in Melbourne. I'm starting to think I might as well just go to a bulk bill clinic for my next cycle.
    Sorry rant over. Hoping this transfer is a success and I don't have to deal with them for much longer!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (18-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 You have every right to be annoyed. I would be too!! Let's hope tomorrow brings you your sticky bean & you won't need to deal with them for some time (if ever)!! I hope all goes smoothly with the thaw & transfer. Will your FS be doing the transfer again this time? Will be thinking of you. GL!! xx

Speaking of nurses... I got told off today :/
    One of the nurses from my clinic called to challenge me about having a midweek beta with my GP. She did a great job of making me feel really pathetic for not being able to wait it out. The whole phone call was so unnecessary & just illustrated her lack of empathy. Anyway I have no regrets for seeing the GP. It has helped my anxiety immensely over the last 2 weeks. I'm just desperately hoping the next 2 wks go smoothly so I can finally be discharged...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Muchulu1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 thanks Hun. Unfortunately my FS isn't doing my transfer another doc is. I did google her and she seems pretty experienced though so I'm happy enough with that.
    I am going to bring up this nurse issue with my FS when I see her next. It's not good enough really. I think they were lucky today I haven't started my hormones yet 😂

Whoa I can't believe your nurse. What a b!t(h! Who is she to say you can't see your GP. The decision is entirely yours. If it's helped your anxiety she should be praising you for looking after yourself and helping bubs out by you being calmer.
    I honestly think some of these nurses are not in it to help people, to be an IVF nurse you need empathy and compassion clearly a lot of them don't have it.
    Wishing you a success uneventful few weeks so you don't have to deal with her again soon. x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

Muchulu1  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts What a proud moment when your DD was able to identify with how you were feeling. So gorgeous. Family really is everything! Sorry to hear today's scan was upsetting & it means ET will likely fall on your first day back at school. Definitely a nuisance & a stressor. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. But wow I'm shocked by these nurses. I can honestly say I haven't had this sort of trouble with nurses at all!!
    @hopefull29 that's just poor organization by your clinic. All that handover stuff should be documented. At my new clinic I seem to be looked after by everyone so anyone can chat about my cycle, which I find fine as the notes are all there.
    @Muchulu1 I really don't understand why the nurse felt the need to call you?? Is it really her business at all? You're an adult and have every right to get whatever extra tests help your nerves. Anyone that's been through this would totally understand. People that have had no trouble at all don't get how torturous waiting is and the amount of stress it causes.

AFM after talking with DH I pulled apart my emotions more and realised I was annoyed that id have to now tell my boss. Was hoping to fly under the radar but now he'll need to know..before any of my family. Feels weird. Haha.

And yes it was a proud moment for me. I would love my DD to be aware of all emotions and not be afraid or ashamed of them.
    X

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts could you make up an excuse? That's what I've done my for fet decided not to tell work. One day I was late to work just said I needed a follow up test. I was supposed to work today but I've just told them I have to watch my sisters kids (sister is going through a messy divorce which they know about).
    Gastro is always a good excuse lol
    But glad you talked it out and worked out what it was that was really bothering you. x

15. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (16-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @lotsathoughts - Oh how clever of your DD to recognise how yiu were feeling, that hug was probably everything you needed in that moment.
    @hopefull29 - Thanks hun yes I think fresh lining does sound more inviting but I know what will happen when I eventually start to cycle I will have difficulty growing it nice and thick haha!
    Good luck with your transfer today hun, hoping it has no difficulies and plumps up nicely after the thaw. That is bad service from your clinic and not very professional hoping you won't need to deal with them again hun and this works x
    @Muchulu1 - That is awful thst your nurse phoned to tell you off like that. Your gp obviously assessed the situation and decided you needed the extra bt for your sanity so she shouldn't be questioning his professional judgment. As you say a little more empathy wouldn't have gone amiss.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (16-07-2016),lotsathoughts  (16-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET May-June 2016 #2

@hopefull29 - I'm also with Monash, and came to find out the day of my BT that my nurse was gone. I called for 3 days to book my BT, assume she was sick. On the fourth day I pressed 0 for the desk and they put me through to an available nurse who helped. They seemed much for organised with my first cycle, but maybe good help is hard to get.

@Muchulu1 - How did they find out? I don't plan on telling my nurse! LOL. But they should STFU about it.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (16-07-2016)