+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's good news that your hormones are increasing, even if they are slowly @hopefull29
    Maybe your body just needs a bit of time after the stim. Fingers crossed they kick into gear before Friday.
    You'll have to try keep yourself distracted until then.

I did my first injection for this round tonight. My first Menopur, which makes you feel like a chemist.

To be honest I'm feeling a bit flat. It's silly, but I'm now officially the last one in my mother's group to fall pregnant. I know, I was so lucky with DD, but being in a mother's group makes you feel like you're just a normal mum. Being last is a reminder that my journey isn't actually like theirs.
    Gosh as I type this it feels like I'm being a melodramatic ****. But I wouldn't be honest with myself if I didn't say I feel a bit low.

I know making babies isn't a competition. And if I can't fall pregnant again I'm lucky to have one. And there are people waaaay worse off than me. So yes, I've just convinced myself to get over it. Haha.
    Night ladies. Gotta give my eggs a good night's sleep X

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Muchulu1  (07-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts thanks Hun. Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit flat. I'm not in a mothers group (although feels like I am with one group of friends) there always seems to be a bit of competition amongst girls. It's just our nature I think. I hope you start to feel a bit better soon. One thing I really struggle with is comparing myself with others. It drives DH nuts. He is always telling me everyone has their own journey and you only know what they tell us which is quite often sugar coated. Don't be so hard on yourself Hun. Hopefully a good nights sleep will perk you up. It'll happen for you Hun, I'm sure of it. xx
    Also well done on your first menopur

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (08-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank @hopefull29 I think it's just the reminder that this IVF journey isn't as easy as others that I find difficult. I know we waited until we were ready to try again as I knew I couldn't cope with my chronic fatigue so I do have peace of mind that we started when we were in a good place. It's not a huge deal, just the regular deal of feeling different and not wanting to be that way. It impacts everyone in life but in different ways. I'll be a bit sad about it, process it then get on with it as this journey is constantly moving. Thanks for listening xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts any time Hun. Sounds like you cope similar to me. Process it and deal with it. It does totally suck were in all going down this path. I get ****ty about it regularly and think it's not fair but can't change it so I get over it again until next time. xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (08-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Muchulu1 - Great to hear your gp was helpful and you are having the bt for reasurrance it will definitely put your mind at ease.
    @lotsathoughts - Great news that you have started on your injections hun hope all goes well from here. I understand that feeling of frustration hun watching everyone in your mothers group having their second child and leaving you behind. I had two mothers groups and I am in the same situation in both those groups some have even moved on and had a third child by now 😢. We started ttc no.2 when DD was turning 2 and she has now turned 5. What made things worse was one of my mothers groups all guessed I would be first to go back for number 2 as I was the only one who didn't return to work within the first few years. I have found it easier as DD to move away from the groups as it was just getting too hard. Since she has started school I have made a very close friend who also only has one daughter and coincidentally I have found out she is having similar difficulties ttc no.2, we find support in each other and she has been a blessing. Try to do what is good for you to get through this hun put yourself first and protect yourself if need be xx

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (08-07-2016),Muchulu1  (08-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 – So glad to hear that your GP agreed!

@katham – Fx for the start of your cycle. Mine was 3 days later than usual this time, which is rare. But of course the way when you’re waiting to start! IVF is always a bloody waiting game.

@lotsathoughts – Try not to go too hard on yourself – which is easier to say than do. I like to think we are extra special mums; we’ve put so much into bring these babies home. Normal is
    overrated anyway. Good luck with the injections!

@hopefull29 – Thanks hun! The line seemed about the same today, but I’m using expired FRERs – will pick up fresh ones after work. You are 100% about Sunday morning! It’s so nice to
    get a recuperative sleep. It’s almost as good as wine. Almost.

@Heyside – just saying hi!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (08-07-2016),hopefull29  (08-07-2016),lotsathoughts  (08-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 yeah I go through rounds of getting annoyed and processing it. I think it's healthy to accept the emotions and moving through them. Love to winge sometimes to help the process...but you have to choose your audience Thanks for listening X
    @Heyside I love your posts, they really help. All of your experiences mean that you can empathize with us. Being a part of two mother's groups moving onto having siblings would have been really hard
    It sounds like you made some really sensible choices in moving away from what was tough. I'm glad you've been able to find someone to confide in at school.
    I may have to do the same for my own sanity. Winter is a good excuse to hibernate.
    We had our first cycle a few weeks before our DD turned 2 also. I have lots of similarities to you xx
    @lileitak I AGREE we are extra special mums. Haha I also believe we are given that extra sense of empathy and compassion that will help our children (positive thinking) in the future ❤️
    Normal is totally overrated.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (08-07-2016),ilex  (09-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @lotsathoughts - I am glad my post was of some help hun. Unfortunately yes I have experienced a lot of what you girls are going through over the last few years and I have learnt to protect myself as much as possible its awful when you find yourself in difficult situations. I do find in some ways though that I have isolated myself over the years so yes it is good to have found someone I can confide in. We do seem to have lots of similarities in our situations lets just hope it ends positively for us both xx

Definately agree with 'normal' being overated if I ever get that bfp I am going to cherish every minute of it and our babies will be so loved xx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (08-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My blooming bf is late!!! It was due friday and i had some spotting this morning. My acupuncturist put some needles in my tummy to help it come tomorrow, but i think its going to be 4 days late! So frustrating as i had put all my tentative plans in my work diary and now it will be days out! 😳 It's really funny that its normally so predictable yet when you're excited for it to come it goes into hiding😃

@lotsathoughts - sorry you're feeling flat. Going through IVF if definitely an emotional journey but we're all here for you xx

17. The Following User Says Thank You to katham For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (09-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @katham that's so annoying for you! I hope the acupuncture works and it comes tomorrow. Always the way!

Thanks for your support xx