+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Babymoons?

So just wondering if these are really a thing? Do you feel sexy? is it about one last sexy hurrah before the baby comes? or just about relaxation...

We have a weekend away planned this weekend currently 26 weeks feel like a whale, have swollen sweet potatoes for feet, my nipples are sore and turning brown, im tired and loose my breath just rolling over in bed...
    Think the best advice for myself at this stage is no expectations?!

Who here had a successful and possibly sexy baby moon??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    4 weeks before we had our first we had a baby moon. For me it was all about relaxing and enjoying the peace and quiet swimming and having nice meals before life got hectic.
    Before we had our second we went away to have a fun family weekend just the 3 of us and spoiling dd

Find a nice hotel get a pregnancy massage and a few movies/books and order room service

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    we had one when I was about 22 weeks. just went up to noosa for 4 or 5 nights. definitely the focus was just to relax and a final hurrah. i didn't plan it to be sexy or put any pressure on myself for anything like that. why does it have to be sexy? you're carrying a child, why can't a woman just be celebrated for doing that?

anyway. we had a nice time shopping, dining out and doing a bit of sight seeing etc.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (01-07-2016),Sonja  (24-06-2016),Yogis Mumma  (24-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went to Coffs Harbour for a week and Mooloolaba for a week. Totally needed the downtime. First time away like that in 9 yrs with out DS who was just over the moon to holiday with my folks. They loved it also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think a babymoon is a nice idea, but I never thought it was about being 'sexy'?!

Just a chance to relax with your partner before it's not just you two anymore, you know? Sleeping in, dining out, doing stuff that won't be as easy when you've got a baby in tow!

I didn't have one myself, though if I did, it would entail the above.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1  (24-06-2016),turquoisecoast  (24-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Nope never had one. I saved all my leave until I went on mat leave so I could take annual leave as well.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (01-07-2016),turquoisecoast  (24-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think it's about being sexy at all. I think it's about celebrating being two before becoming three. Your last chance to be a private couple. To reconnect in preparation for the wild times ahead.
    If it works out that way great, but definitely not an expectation.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (24-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont think anyone I know was planning a dirty weekend away when they had a 'babymoon'. Most just seem to be taking advantage of their last chance to have a holiday as a couple without the worry of children to care for. Now that I am 3 years and 2 children into this mothering game I personally think that a babymoon can serve a much bigger purpose. Raising children is hard on a relationship. Really hard. I think it is really important to go into it with a solid foundation. Good communication and a sense of connectedness can really help you get through those first few intense months. I understand that a babymoon is a luxury that many can't afford but if you can I suggest taking a week and connecting as a couple and maybe having some nice conversations about how you will support each other through this huge change that is about to happen. X

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedCreamingSoda For This Useful Post:

rosey82  (24-06-2016),turquoisecoast  (24-06-2016)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It wasn't about sexy for us.
    It was about relaxation and that special time together before it became 3 instead of 2.
    Relaxing, eating, sleeping and just enjoying being together.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (24-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Babymoons?

oops double post!